• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ya I was shooting Ambien.. (and lost my arm)

CaveBear

Bluelighter
Just cant get away from the needle. Regardless, i did it, missed several times. Both arms feel like I was working out 12 hours later, no crazy redness, no pus , no welling yet. Just looks like I was searching for the vein. and Im sore as fuck. Took some Ibuprofen, it helps.

Question?? should I jut ride this out, I have the normal lumps and bruises from missing, but no severe redness, lumps, or puss, and it aint spreading ...any need for a Dr. at this point??

Ride it out. ..... meaning don't ever IV ambien again. Especially while you're "riding it out'. If any symptoms get worse such as lumps, puss, severe rash, etc. go get professional medical assistance ASAP or you could find yourself without an arm.

Maybe you're addicted to pain by stabbing yourself with a needle multiple times?

How often have you missed like this? Maybe its time to stop using the needle.......

Thanks , I am an idiot. No more needles. Dunno what I was thinking. Was already half messed up when I decided to start shooting. No more.

Good to hear you're stopping man.......drugs are bad enough when there's an addiction, the needle takes it to a totally different level & danger.

I called and cancelled my script for ambien. I just dont trust myself at all. My Doc is going to give me trazadone instead.

Maybe you're addicted to pain by stabbing yourself with a needle multiple times?

How often have you missed like this? Maybe its time to stop using the needle.......

this is me here, have sorted myself out some type of needle fixation/fetish of jabs

best of luck and be wary of trazadone imo.

for anyone that actually cares, I have no swelling no pus no lumps, I am still very very sore in both arms. This is what drinking and doing drugs does and well, just plain stupidity on my part. I'm just glad I didnt have Heroin, I'd be dead. Thanks to anyone concerned. Peace.

...don't let this make you think your in the clear. I'm glad things seem to be going ok/better for you, but it is still possible for you to develop an infection or one of the many possible negative side effects of poor IV use. SO just keep a close eye on your "wounds" until they are completely healed.

...don't let this make you think your in the clear. I'm glad things seem to be going ok/better for you, but it is still possible for you to develop an infection or one of the many possible negative side effects of poor IV use. SO just keep a close eye on your "wounds" until they are completely healed.

Yep. I know. Im still sore and watching the sore areas, the injection sites seem fine, but the areas where I actually shot the muscle hurt like all, not even as bad an H miss, but its the length of time right now that have me worried still a bit. Im going to just keep watching and not doing it again.....hopefully. ahhh the life of a junkie never ceases to amaze me.

Can you describe IV zolpidem? I'd not do it, but I'm interested in the effects.

This post makes me want to cry. The damage you are doing and have done to your body...

I'm assuming you didn't micron filter these pills that you were injecting. I've heard very bad things about IV zolpidem, although I've never done it. All of this information is probably ex post facto for the OP, but maybe some other potential user will heed the advice given.

Don't ever inject pills unless they are run through some kind of small size micron filter. If you do, and you miss, and the swelling/redness/pain do not subside on their own with a hot compress, immediately go see a physician. It's just not worth permanent damage to your body and the doctor in most cases doesn't care as much about your drug escapades as you think he does.

iv zolpidem is very trippy with delerium and an icing of amnesia. depends on the dosage. 10 mg would give me a strange yet not unpleasant sensation. 20mg woul have me coming to spouting gibberish waving the syringe aroundd in the air.

I've probably, in the literal sense shot ambien around 500x, maybe more.. Instant IV coke comedown relief, plus I enjoyed it. Keep an eye on it like others have said.. Good luck quitting the needle, it's no easy feat.

just a quick update, as was mentioned, i wasnt out of the woods. finally about 48-72 hours ago, my arm from elbow to wrist began to swell and the pain got so severe that i finally broke down and went to the er, they xrayed, did a horrible test for compartment syndrom, gave me 2 shots of iv dilauded(sp), and sent me home with a script for percs. Even the iv meds didnt take away the pain, it take the edge off ( got me high a fuck) and the percs today, Ive only taken one are helping. But, no infection as of yet. Got an mri for tuesday. To see what kind of muscle damage has been done I guess.

This has scared me and although I dont pln on stopping drinking or weed, my needle days are done. I said that before though and was able to stay away for 7 years. I hope this is my last ride with needle.

and fuck Ambien....

previous post unapproved rendering my witty comment useless :(

Last edited:
Ugh those pills are dirty as fuck. I wouldn't even want to do those with a micron filter(although I have).

Snort them, seems to give better effects IMO

Good decision going to see the doctor. If I'm even a little bit concerned about the condition of an IV site, I get it checked out.

Maybe I missed it skimming through this thread but does the op have a confirmed update on his condition?