• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Effects of High Dose Diazepam (Valium) Questions

mysticbeef

Bluelighter
Just a few questions about Diazepam.

First my experience with it seems to follow like this

5mg - Minor calming down, helps to make a panic attack less intense, but panic is still present
10mg - Moderate calming down, helps avert a panic attack by about 75%-80%. Slight Sedation
15mg - Strong calming action, promotes deep relaxation and all but eliminates panic attack. Moderate sedation, yawning and a general relaxed but tired feeling.
20mg - Similar to 15mg but with stronger hypnotic/sedative properties. Moderate desire to go to bed presents itself but can be fought against.
30mg - Like 20mg in terms of relaxation but a much stronger sedated feeling. Often leads to me ending up in bed sleeping for an hour or two and waking up relaxed but a bit groggy.

I want to know if a high dose, say in the high 75mg-150mg would do any damage. My tolerance to benzos is moderate but I have a high tolerance for opiods. I'm wondering if a large dose would do anything enjoyable, or if it would just send me to sleep for the night - or worse, produce some kind of psychosis, or, at the very worst cause potentially fatal respiratory depression.

Given the details above of how each dose effects me can anyone help me pin-point a safest recreational dose where I can feel completely chilled and relaxed, enjoying the experience, without simply knocking myself virtually unconscious for hours, and with harm-reduction cap on what the highest (safe-ish) dose I can take would be?

Lastly should the dose be taken all at once, or staggered? A friend of mine suggested taking 5mg-10mg per hour until I feel the desired buzz.

Thanks. Namaste,
MysticBeef

You aren't going to get a real ''high'' off valium the way you can opiates, they just don't work that way. The best you're going to get from valium in terms of feeling good is that strong calm and deep relaxation you mention at 15mg.

As for taking 75mg +, that's a really terrible idea. At best you'll black out or pass out for a day +, at worst...

Don't take a whopping dose of ANY benzo if you're on high doses of opiates. It most definitely could provide fatal respiratory depression... As for psychosis, no, but if you black out, and you will at 70+ mg, you could certainly fuck your life up good. I would work my way up personally. That way at least you'll feel the black out coming on... But I don't know why if 30mg works so well you'd want to go so high. It doesn't get much better. Just messier.

I was prescribed 30mg for a couple years and I absolutely loved it.

Thanks for the advice. Just a note to say I haven't been taking opiates today but I appreciate the concern. I can see where you guys are coming from, does this mean there is a ceiling for the 'good' effects of Diaz? Would 30mg be that ceiling?

Also, how long after taking an initial dose (say 10mg-20mg) should one wait before taking any more? (Say 5-10mg more)?

Thanks heaps.

Peace.

^More is more with almost every drug. More cocaine? Awesome. More weed, more dope? I'm down. More benzos? No thanks. Your chasing a high that doesn't really exist. Save the valium for when life is really stressful. If you don't have any stress and you just wanna party and get high...then get anything but valium.

Okay thanks guy's. I can see where you're coming from and to be honest I suppose deep down I already knew this I was just hanging on to an inch of hope that I could somehow get an amazing experience from Benzo's if I did the right steps.

One thing I will note, whilst very slightly off-topic is that I have found a therapeutic dose of Diazepam (anywhere from 5mg-20mg depending on tolerance) goes really nice with a lower-level recreational dose of codeine. For anyone interested I would take about 70% of your normal codeine rec. dose (eg if you normally take 400mg lower it to about 280mg-300mg) and take the Diaz at the same time. The Diaz (or probably all benzos in general) potentiates the opiate resulting in one or both of the following - 1. An increase in the general feel-good 'hug' opiates give (some call this Euphoria but personally I associate Euphoria with a dopamine rush like you get from IV Meth). 2. The sedative aspect of the Benzo further enhances the natural opiate sedation, allowing for a longer, deeper and generally more enjoyable 'nod' feeling. Also, some people report the initial Codeine come up to be a bit 'dirty' and make the user a little anxious - the Benzo will definitely make short of that.

Lastly, whilst quite expensive and hard to get if you want to experience a good opiate + benzo buzz without falling asleep before the goodies kick in you can supplement it with a stimulant. The stronger, illicit stimulants will work but they hold their own potentially intense drawbacks. You could just chug some strong coffee but that may leave you strung out with the jitters which ruin your high and promote insomnia. What I would advocate, rather, is using Modafinil to keep you awake through the 'fun zone.' The required dosage will very from person to person, some people get off on 25mg-50mg and others, like myself need to take 600mg+ to feel any improvement.

It can be found online if you try hard enough but it's QUITE expensive and the purity can be hit and miss. My advice would be, if possible, get a prescription from a GP or Psychiatrist. I'm not going to advertise sources or acquisition methods here but if you search around for what it's prescribed for I'm sure you can be creative with your doctor/s - although even then I don't think it's covered by much insurance.

Thanks for your advice guys, I really appreciate it. I realize I've rambled a bit here and went off on a few tangents but if you want some more info or clarification don't be shy to send me an IM. I don't bite...well, not hard anyway ;)

Namaste,
Klive