• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Daily smoker IV'd for first time & no rush..

vine000

Greenlighter
Hi guys

Daily user for some time now only been smoking it off foil, tolerance has gotten quite high to around 1-1.5g / day. My dealer showed me how to IV today, he did it for me (note all correct procedure with clean needle, filter, pulled to see blood to make sure got a vein), doing half a football around 0.1g of my usual stuff - brown rock powdery 'tar', didn't really feel much, so did the rest of it right after and got what I believe was a little rush, wasn't that high so did about 0.15g more and got a little higher, waited another hour smoking a football (0.2g) which didn't do much, so tried mainlining a whole football (0.2g) and didn't feel much of a rush right away, just got a cleaner high now, nodding slightly, feel pretty good, not as euphoric as I assumed it would be.

Does this mean my tolerance for IV is even higher? would I need to do more to get the rush at once or how come i'm only getting a similar feeling to just smoking a large amount?

Cheers

V

No, your tolerance for IV is not higher. You just used too small of a dose the first time and then tried unsuccessfullyto boost your high. That was why you were finally able to get a small rush at one point.

If you want to get the full rush you have to wait to come down before you get high again. Doing shot after shot and smoking in between is just asking for trouble.

No, your tolerance for IV is not higher. You just used too small of a dose the first time and then tried unsuccessfullyto boost your high. That was why you were finally able to get a small rush at one point.

If you want to get the full rush you have to wait to come down before you get high again. Doing shot after shot and smoking in between is just asking for trouble.

Oh really, thanks for that. Why is it asking for trouble? I just smoked a couple of cigarettes and now I'm pretty high, like really high actually, it's different to smoking it's more intense and I'm a bit dizzy, and my ability to speak is dismal, i could easily passout but I won't, nor will I do anymore tonight..

It's asking for trouble because that is how you OD, and why your "high, like really high actually" , and feel like you could easily pass out...smart move not doing anymore tonight.

okay help please, i bought clean insulin needles from the store and they have really short ends so i shot a balloon (0.2g) into my arm, pulled out there was blood so i hit the vein but now there is a big lump there and i barely feel anything, i tried shooting up again with another balloon on the back of my wrist, and a lump is forming and its going slightly numb. is there something wrong with using a small needle? or am i dong something wrong? i'm pretty sure i hit the vein like i was taught.. what's going on?? i want to shoot another since i barely feel anything. what's happened?

What happened is, you were rude to people trying to help you earlier in the thread, and now you got some karma.

okay help please, i bought clean insulin needles from the store and they have really short ends so i shot a balloon (0.2g) into my arm, pulled out there was blood so i hit the vein but now there is a big lump there and i barely feel anything, i tried shooting up again with another balloon on the back of my wrist, and a lump is forming and its going slightly numb. is there something wrong with using a small needle? or am i dong something wrong? i'm pretty sure i hit the vein like i was taught.. what's going on?? i want to shoot another since i barely feel anything. what's happened?
I don't know that much about IV'ing since i've never done it but i know that for a beginner this is absolutely no need to shoot into the wrist as it just adds more danger and one should simply use the crook of the arms and rotate between sites there.

Other than that i see this question all the time on BL and haven't seen very urgent replies so i don't think it's too bad but i will let someone else answer your question more thoroughly who knows more on the subject.

IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE IN ANY DANGER WHATSOEVER THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH GOING TO A HOSPITAL-