• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How to Quit Seroquel?

5_HT2A

Bluelighter
I take 600 mg of Seroquel XR. It used to help mood swings, anxiety, OCD and sleep. Now it just makes me tired (only in the morning, I still can't sleep for shit). Anyone know of any drugs that will help me withdraw from this shit? Tried Google but nothing with any useful info. When I go cold turkey I get agitation, nausea, anxiety, paranoia, mania, extreme OCD, hallucinations and extreme insomnia. I tried to go off for 3 days one time and I could not even keep my eyes closed. I had the worst sleep deprivation induced hallucinations I've ever had.

Idk when I go to my pdoc so I can't just ask him. I might try Aripiprazole which has more D2 blockade than Haloperidol, at the same time activating in other pathways.

I just hate this shit now, it causes a ton of cardiometabolic problems and it impairs my memory and cognition. It blocks Piracetam's effects and makes me anhedonic.

How do I wean off without feeling like I want to kill myself?

ps. i didnt take my seroquel tonight i just took a bunch of tramadol and i have this focused nod from snri / opioid mechanism. i probably also posted this before but i got reallllllyyyy manic and ocd and deleted all my posts.

Last edited:
If anyone can share how they quit Seroquel please let me know (how you weaned off, what drugs you used to help if any, etc). I'm feeling very sick from Seroquel withdrawal (earlier than it's ever been) and also from the 250 mg or so Tramadol I popped and railed.

Last edited:
It's like 5:00 am and I feel like puking whenever I stand up, but I literally can't even though I've eaten a lot. I will take Seroquel probably once I no longer feel the Tramadol.

EDIT 5:40 am:: i vomited several times. feel slightly better. still feel sick like i have to puke more. never doing tramadol again. gonna take seroquel soon.

Last edited:
i know i cant just cold turkey it but i dont wanna take it with tramadol in my blood and get seizures or god knows what else. maybe even serotonin syndrome from 5-ht1a PA, which I feel like i have already anyways.

Smoke dank until you are to out of it to feel anxious. You can do an unlimited amount and it will help with nausea and sleep. I would quit all neuroleptics if I were you. You will just end up an obese, crippled diabetic with brain damage that leads to dyskinesias ( which are movement disorders caused by neuroleptics that become permanent). That is not a better fate than whatever bullshit diagnosis they fed you. Do not switch to another neuroleptic.

ANY other class of drugs is safer than neuroleptics. They are meant to be the endgame treatment for schizophrenics who are a danger to themselves and others. They prescribe this shit like candy while downplaying the side effects. Think about it: they prescribed you a physical addictive drug that just makes you tired and depressed.

Make slow cuts my man. I got down from 600 mgs. Quit lithium and a bunch of other shit to. But I did it over the course of 3 weeks. Everytime I told the doc I wanted off he just said it takes time to get used to the meds. Fuck that noise.

It's like 5:00 am and I feel like puking whenever I stand up, but I literally can't even though I've eaten a lot. I will take Seroquel probably once I no longer feel the Tramadol.

EDIT 5:40 am:: i vomited several times. feel slightly better. still feel sick like i have to puke more. never doing tramadol again. gonna take seroquel soon.

are you sure you are not in tramadol WD? Based on your symptoms it sounds more like its you coming off the tramadol than the seroquel , especially if you have vomiting and diarrhea

are you sure you are not in tramadol WD? Based on your symptoms it sounds more like its you coming off the tramadol than the seroquel , especially if you have vomiting and diarrhea

first time doing it so im not addicted i havent done it since

I only did 400mg of tramadol 2 days in a row and had terrible SNRI withdrawal. I've been doing opiates on a once or twice a week basis, and kratom every day for a while now and never had any withdrawal. The tramadol withdrawal almost sent me to suicide, it was the worst experience I've ever been through. I do not believe any other opiate withdrawal can touch the WD of tramadol.

Smoke dank until you are to out of it to feel anxious. You can do an unlimited amount and it will help with nausea and sleep. I would quit all neuroleptics if I were you. You will just end up an obese, crippled diabetic with brain damage that leads to dyskinesias ( which are movement disorders caused by neuroleptics that become permanent). That is not a better fate than whatever bullshit diagnosis they fed you. Do not switch to another neuroleptic.

ANY other class of drugs is safer than neuroleptics. They are meant to be the endgame treatment for schizophrenics who are a danger to themselves and others. They prescribe this shit like candy while downplaying the side effects. Think about it: they prescribed you a physical addictive drug that just makes you tired and depressed.

Yeah I know the risk that comes with antipsychotics. I need them though. I plan on switching to Aripiprazole, or another drug with little anticholinergic and antihistaminic activity [H1 / M3] as these are what are probably causing me problems. Aripiprazole and lurasidone seem like the best two drugs for me. I'd rather take EPS over cardiometabolic effects. I can take a low dose of anticholinergics if necessary to help with EPS, but I can't lower binding affinity of the antipsychotic.

You are not even psychotic. Why would you sacrifice your brain just to take poison daily? Your doctor must be very persuasive. It is like you have a problem masturbating to much and you are deciding between cutting the nerve controlling your hand and mutliating your penis. There are other options out there that you should look into. If you are hell bent on taking drugs for the rest of your life you could always experiment with different benzodiazepines etc.

Yeah I know the risk that comes with antipsychotics. I need them though. I plan on switching to Aripiprazole, or another drug with little anticholinergic and antihistaminic activity [H1 / M3] as these are what are probably causing me problems. Aripiprazole and lurasidone seem like the best two drugs for me. I'd rather take EPS over cardiometabolic effects. I can take a low dose of anticholinergics if necessary to help with EPS, but I can't lower binding affinity of the antipsychotic.

Ask about perphenazine as a replacement.
Sounds like it fits what you want in an antipsychotic.
I was on it at one point.. am now on fluphenazine though (stronger).
I prefer older meds than newer ones. Especially when it comes to antipsychotics.. typical>atypical IMO/IME.

Good luck.
And i also agree with above poster..
If you don't need them DONT TAKE THEM.
When I went on Zyprexa in 2006 for 5-6 years I had more problems after ceasing the antipsychotic than the ones that caused me to need it.

-HOOD

EDIT: Oh and your view on EPS is ridiculous.. IT SUCKS!
I suffered from it badly from risperidone, Invega, iloperidone and got insane nausea from lurasidone.
Prettey much all -done type meds suck (at least for me) besides methadone (you know what that's for) :\.. or trazadone which isn't a antipsychotic btw.. but that shit is a godsend for insomnia at the right dose even during hypomania.

Again goodluck!
%)

Last edited:
Man, I hate anti-psychotics and I have been pushed on them so many times by ignorant doctors. Never really took them but it just amazes me how they don't bat an eye at handing out HUNDREDS of mg's of seroquel and zyprexa. The only time I was EVER helped by an a-p was when I did a little over a month in jail and was cold turkey'ing Valium, Kratom, booze, gabapentin,... you get the point. And all it did then was help to stop the full-blown delusions and psychotic break I was having (which was truly horrifying. Thought my family was dead. All kinds of crazy dream states that were real to me.) But then I had to come off that shit and after only a month it SUCKED. I felt so cracked out on the stuff but I felt totally cracked out coming off too. Fucking drugs, man.

So yeah, I'd have to agree. If you're not going through totally manic states and breaking with reality I see absolutely NO reason why you'd need to go toe-to-toe with these heavy hitters. Stay away unless you're just not telling us something.

Man, I hate anti-psychotics and I have been pushed on them so many times by ignorant doctors...but it just amazes me how they don't bat an eye at handing out HUNDREDS of mg's of seroquel and zyprexa.

So true, and so sad..
Same with SSRI's, our society is under "mind" control lol.

So true, and so sad..
Same with SSRI's, our society is under "mind" control lol.

I've battled GAD, sleep anxiety and resulting insomnia since I was just a little kid. As soon as I set foot in any psych's office first thing I say is I cannot and will not take any SSRI or anti-psychotic. Once they realize I know my shit, and they know I understand drug's effects on different receptors on the brain, it always works out well.

I'll probably try to just get off all this shit. I need some benzos or something for social anxiety, agitation and insomnia. Seroquel is just fucking shit now. Sounds like all APs will just fuck me over. I've done so miuch research into every receptor and every mechanism of all the antipsychotics. Countless hours of papers just to help me get it through my impaired memory. I'll figure something out, I just can't take the anxiety, OCD and mania.

I'll probably try to just get off all this shit. I need some benzos or something for social anxiety, agitation and insomnia. Seroquel is just fucking shit now. Sounds like all APs will just fuck me over. I've done so miuch research into every receptor and every mechanism of all the antipsychotics. Countless hours of papers just to help me get it through my impaired memory. I'll figure something out, I just can't take the anxiety, OCD and mania.

I think all a lot of us are trying to say are why risk -permanent- side effects by taking a medication you don't necessarily need. Especially if it just makes you feel shitty. lol

Ask about perphenazine as a replacement.
Sounds like it fits what you want in an antipsychotic.
I was on it at one point.. am now on fluphenazine though (stronger).
I prefer older meds than newer ones. Especially when it comes to antipsychotics.. typical>atypical IMO/IME.

Good luck.
And i also agree with above poster..
If you don't need them DONT TAKE THEM.
When I went on Zyprexa in 2006 for 5-6 years I had more problems after ceasing the antipsychotic than the ones that caused me to need it.

-HOOD

EDIT: Oh and your view on EPS is ridiculous.. IT SUCKS!
I suffered from it badly from risperidone, Invega, iloperidone and got insane nausea from lurasidone.
Prettey much all -done type meds suck (at least for me) besides methadone (you know what that's for) :\.. or trazadone which isn't a antipsychotic btw.. but that shit is a godsend for insomnia at the right dose even during hypomania.

Again goodluck!
%)

Well the dones are high potency and have high D2 affinity therefore high EPS, pines are sedating, cause more weight gain and are low potency. Pines dissociate faster from D2 and have low affinity to begin with. I'm pretty sure of this, please correct me if I'm wrong. I feel if I had to choose, I'd pick a done with low anticholinergic affinity. If I absolutely had to, add an anticholinergic drug on top to mitigate EPS and do whatever it takes to avoid cognitive impairment.

I'll try anything but neurotoxic haloperidol, which causes huge upregulation and hypersensitivity of dopaminergic neurons. That pill is asking for both pseudo and idiopathic parkinson's.

Last edited: