• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine is coke really as bad for you as people make it out to be?

all of that makes total scene. and i agree treezy, once your on a binge things go through your head on how to get more. it is very addictive. i just wasnt sure if its one of those things where people are like "smoking cigarettes are bad it causes cancer dont smoke" yes, it CAN cause cancer but a majority of the time it doesn. so i wasnt sure if coke was the same. where people who dont understand it fully only hear the bad things so they blow the bad out of proportion. and thank you cliffy. if youve physically seen the damage than thats something id need to hear since i havnt seen that

I'll think you'll find that chronic illness including cancer is the majority. It just takes many years to occur but the vasodilation and suppression of the immune system is ever present in smokers. I refuse to perform surgery on any smoker for this reason.

Is recreational coke use safe? Not really, but I also know plenty of people who dabble in heroin and meth without any ill effect too. Cocaine, particularly when mixed with alcohol is terribly harmful to your heart and cardiovascular system so you have to weigh up the risks.

Moderation is the key. Plenty of people enjoy cocaine from time to time without any ill effects or causing their life to descend into a junky nightmare. Then again I've known people who lost it all from poppy seeds and gambling on horses. It is naive to assume that you are immune to cokes allure when many others have failed. Then again life itself is a risk.

I was brought up with 'Everything in Moderation'. An old boyfriend was amazed that I could make a g of coke last all weekend. If you let the chemicals take control they will only lead you to oblivion. My problem wasn't with coke, but while I had my problem I was the last person to see it as a problem. The fact that my nose was rotting away from the inside out didn't change the fact I felt absolutely amazing. I had to have a line to go out and get milk. I had to have a line (without my boyfriend knowing) before I drove us both to work. I'm older and wiser now. I still love doing coke. I know what it does to my body, as with any chemical I take. And I treat the drugs with respect so that THEY know that I'M the one who's in control.

As a habitual user and ex addict I can say coke is the worst thing for you to do if you have an addictive personality or a history of addiction in your family (drugs alcohol etc). If its done every now and then I dont think you should worry about it. But keep in mind if you find yourself or your "friend" delving into it more and more and more then it can easily become a problem. Coke is extremely easy to get hooked on and before you know it your banks empty and you will find yourself doing whatever you need to in order to get that next $50-60 (stealing, etc). I'll even call myself out and say I went to rehab for it against my will for 6 months and the day I got out I did it again. Theres a ton of other stuff out there that you can have fun off of for far cheaper than the long term run of coke. Stick to green man, its far cheaper and even if you get hooked on that youll wind up wasting $20-30 on it vs $120-200. Just adding my 2 cents in from personal experiences. Pls dont flame this reply, just trying to give the OP an honest opinion from someone who knows how it is.
But to answer your original question yes the white in the long term is very bad. You dont know what its cut with and I even had a friend die off of it because he got a bad batch that was mixed with god knows what. That the TRUE problem with white is you DO NOT KNOW what its cut with!! Tell your friend if he/she is looking to get hyper then get a few energy drinks and some vodka and youll get the same effect and for far less cash.

Coke isn't as physically harmful as heroin or meth but certainly more so than acid or shrooms. Plus it's probably the least cost efficient drug. That being said I use it maybe every few months or so at a special occasion but it sounds like you are using it and doing daily activities which can become dangerous.

In their pure form, in a single moderate dose, all three drugs (cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine) aren't going to cause significant damage to your body. Remember that all three of these drugs were used as pharmaceuticals (meth and H still are).

They all do bad things to your body--as do most drugs--but these negative effects are cumulative over time. A single shot of meth won't make you stupid, but a lifetime of abuse might cause some lasting brain damage. Snorting cocaine once won't rot your nose or harden your arteries, but a lifetime of usage might leave you a living skeleton.

The danger in these drugs lies in their addictive potential, because it's the addiction that keeps you coming back for more, keeps you escalating dosages in pursuit of the high, even when you know that you shouldn't. Even when you know that, at your rate of usage, you are damaging yourself.

Because of that, it misses the point, and in fact is disingenuous, to make comparisons about relative harm between incredibly addictive drugs with scaleable highs like cocaine, methamphetamine, or heroin, and relatively less addictive drugs like hallucinogens or nicotine. You can overdose on nicotine if you make a tea out of a pack of cigarettes. But nobody skirts the edge of OD because ingesting more of the drug doesn't feel any better--in fact it makes you feel like shit.