• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine is coke really as bad for you as people make it out to be?

brittney90

Greenlighter
i know more than well how stupid this question sounds. so "let me explain"
SWIM loves cocaine. absolutely favorite recreational substance around. an 8 ball weekend for her is like an 8 year old at Disney World. but in all honesty, besides coke the only other illegal (in some states) SWIMs done is marijuana. Shes 24 and a bartender so obviously she drinks and smokes cigarettes. all in all shes not a big fan of pot. SWIM thinks its okay, but too much of a downer for her to do on a regular basis. cocaine is a completely different story. Shes in a good spot in her life, own condo, school full time going to go for her masters in architecture ect. SWIMs older brother has a masters degree is business but when he was about her age he got really into heroine and percocets. hes been to rehab multiple times and went from upper management at a well known bank to being homeless sleeping on benches and eating out of trashcans. In HER opinion.... cocaine isnt as bad of a drug as heroine or meth. coke is addictive but again... in her experience, if she doesnt buy it and stays away for a few months its not a problem. She knows that coke is made with gasoline and acid and laced with other scary chemicals but the high isnt like being stoned at all. it only effects your personality in the scenes that it makes one feel FABULOUS, but not where someone would notice a personality change where they would suspect. and okay, someone on coke may be more chatty but the high doesnt last long and from what ive heard its hard to od on coke. no one ive met who uses drugs like heroine and meth are doing well at all. usually it has destroyed their life (again... in my experience from what ive witnessed). Aside from being a little low on funds from doing coke i havnt seen anyones life completely crumble from doing it. and SWIMS high on coke is extremely productive and anything she does while on it (work, homework, driving ect) is always done more efficiently and just better all around. But when she jokes with her friends about it and says "lol coke really isnt that bad for you" they look at her like shes nuts. aside from the chemicals, sinus infections, and price, is it REALLY as awful as people tend to think? to SWIM its no where near drugs like bath salts, meth, heroine, e, acid, molly or even shrooms. in some cases, (minimal) swim thinks its safer than marijuana as far as reaction time goes like driving. is SWIM just full of crap in the way shes thinking or do other of you think the same? again just to restate my question.... aside from the toxic chemicals which all drugs have, is cocaine really as bad as other drugs like meth, bath salts, and heroine?

Coke ruined my mother, she became so addicted after awhile, very scary to think back. But then since she did coke I knew all the cokers in town so I saw it as a business opportunity when I was young. I had a few customers end up just like your brother. First they were fine, doing it occasionally like on weekends, then a little more and more til they had nothing left and I was driving a Lexus. Some spent entire trust funds with me, others worked all week just to pay me back for what they fronted out the week before. It will make you a slave. Little by little it becomes a problem and most don't see that it's becoming a problem until they're done.
Just wanted to give you my perspective on coke, I've never tried it but it's a nasty drug once it sets it's hooks in you...
Save yourself the money and trouble and stop while u can if possible...

1. Most or all cocaine is now cut with Levamisole before it leaves Central America. Levamisole is a veterinary deworming agent that, with chronic usage, can cause skin conditions that are not too much more fun than leprosy. Basically it's terrible for your skin, and pretty much all the cocaine in existence is cut with it presently.

2. It's probably not as addictive as methamphetamine or heroin, but it's not great for your brain either. Like all dopaminergic stimulant drugs, it will gradually rewire the reward centers of your brain, making it harder and harder to motivate yourself towards regular tasks UNLESS you're on coke. Given its expense, this probably isn't a great idea anyhow.

3. Even if it doesn't have any negative effects on your life personally (which it probably will eventually), I'm of the belief that the cocaine industry is making life a living hell for a lot of people in Mexico, Columbia, and other Central and South American countries. All cocaine comes out of these places... coca plants simply are not grown here in the USA. Legal jobs are hard to come by in these countries, probably because of all the violence enacted by drug cartels, and so all of the citizens flee here to the US (legally or not). I've done coke before, but I'll never do it again for this reason. But that's just my personal feelings on the matter.

I could give you a hundred reasons not to do coke. But ultimately the choice is up to you.

Well I know a lot of people who have done coke and suffered no problems. Many people can manage doing it recreationally but, as with all substances, without proper self control it can spiral out of control. I've seen people go from a few lines before the bar to blowing a few grams a night in a few months. They were all able to realize that shit was getting real and quit before it caused major problems but my point is coke is drug that can be abused.

Coke certainally is not good for your body or mind. I think it is incredibly over rated.

coke is terrible for you. it's bad for cardiovascular health and pretty much no amount of money is safe from a cocaine habit. miles davis was supposedly doing an ounce a day, which is where being wealthy will take you, while being a poor cokehead will turn you into some type of thief/robber/scam artist if you're male and prostitute if you're female. i've met few girls addicted to coke who wouldn't suck dick for some blow.

btw all that good shit you got going for you i can easily see being gone if you slip into a coke habit.

all of that makes total scene. and i agree treezy, once your on a binge things go through your head on how to get more. it is very addictive. i just wasnt sure if its one of those things where people are like "smoking cigarettes are bad it causes cancer dont smoke" yes, it CAN cause cancer but a majority of the time it doesn. so i wasnt sure if coke was the same. where people who dont understand it fully only hear the bad things so they blow the bad out of proportion. and thank you cliffy. if youve physically seen the damage than thats something id need to hear since i havnt seen that

Coca has ruined many lives.......coke is known to give people heart attacks whether the person had a previous unknown heart problem.or not......Len Bias (basketball future Celtics star that died from coke)

My friends gf got so bad on coke, that she would steal from anyone for coke & her parents are millionaires.

It seems you're trying to talk yourself into thinking that coke is okay because everything is going well in your life for now.

Be careful, whether its prescription pills, coke, heroin, etc......if you enjoy it too much, you will get addicted!

As for is coke bad for your body/health, yes it is & when comparing it to another drug like opiates, its not close, coke is terrible for your health.

Last edited:
Coke isn't as physically harmful as heroin or meth but certainly more so than acid or shrooms. Plus it's probably the least cost efficient drug. That being said I use it maybe every few months or so at a special occasion but it sounds like you are using it and doing daily activities which can become dangerous.

Coke isn't as physically harmful as heroin or meth but certainly more so than acid or shrooms. Plus it's probably the least cost efficient drug. That being said I use it maybe every few months or so at a special occasion but it sounds like you are using it and doing daily activities which can become dangerous.

actually i think its probably worse for you than heroin..

heroin isn't as physically harmful as cocaine. it's physically addictive and shooting up isn't healthy, but snorting heroin won't fuck up your heart and brain like snorting coke will.

I don't even know where to begin with what to say to you. You sound very naive about drugs and really people like you shouldn't be doing them.

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" but should only be used in moderation. From experience and paying attention to many addict associates none of them started as daily users and that is normally when problems arise. My personal opinion no specific drug is really that bad if your willing to accept the associated risk that come with it if a pre established moderation of use can be set but let me tell most hardcore drugs ranging from MDMA, Heroin, Cocaine, ETC are like lays potato chips "I bet you can't just do one" unless it's a smartass trying to prove me wrong just to be right. But if you can maintain and control your use I believe u will be ok just don't allow it to consume you, because there is a time and season for everything and I don't think you want to be 74 years old hitting rails in a longhorn steakhouse bathroom, good luck and happy partying.

Coke is one of very few drugs that I will flat out refuse to put in my body in any way or form. Im an IV meth/heroin addict and benzo user. I used coke every now and then for years, either snorting or IV'ing depending on quality. Then some months back I got some unexpectedly fire shit and OD'd of a very small amount. It scared the hell out of me and was arguably the worst experience of my life.

So many around me see coke as harmless but it really should be used with care and for people with potential heart problems like myself(my dad died on his 3rd heart attack, genetics) us guys just need to stay right away. I can keep meth to a manageable level and not freak my heart out too much, even IV meth but the coke is just no good!

Coke isn't as physically harmful as heroin or meth but certainly more so than acid or shrooms.

Coke is far more physically harmful than both heroin and meth, it's the single worst drug out there for causing strokes and heart attacks, not only in long term users or people with bad health, but often just spontaneously, which is reflected in hospital visitation numbers if you want to look at the data. It's even more harmful to the heart if combined with alcohol, as it metabolizes into cocaethylene, which is even more damaging to the cardiovascular system.

also worth mentioning is that coke is being cut with levamisole these days, a chemical that kills white blood cells (think AIDS)

also worth mentioning is that coke is being cut with levamisole these days, a chemical that kills white blood cells (think AIDS)

Everything Treezy has said is on the money (ok all the health stuff at least that's all I pay attention to). Listen to him. And about cigarettes and cancer....I wouldn't be worried about cancer (unless you have the genetics for it then you're just asking your body to let the cancerous cells run rampant)...but MORE WORRIED about the effects of smoking on your blood vessels. Narrow blood vessels + plaque from unhealthy life style= Heart attack or stroke.

Now I love cocaine. But it's something special to do. It's the scariest drug out there for me. I've never been so physically close to a cardiovascular incident as I have on Cocaine (and that's saying a alot; even abusing meth didn't scare me in the same way- I think that's about the sodium channel blockage)

Go to your doctor, get your risk of heart attack and stroke checked out, pay for some genetic tests maybe (I don't know which is efficacious, ask your doctor), and get on a homocysteine reducing supplement like b6 b12 folic acid and betaine- this will greatly reduce the effects of stress (life, cocaine) on your body. So will omega 3's.