• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

MDMA First time use 'gone wrong'

SNOWRAVE

Greenlighter
Alright so last night 3 of my friends took MDMA for the first time. 2 of them claim that the MDMA had no effect whatsoever.

However, and this is where it gets interesting, the other guy was buzzing and absolutely loved it.

They were each given 200mg in a capsule, capsules which I made personally. The MDMA came in crystal form, I crushed it into a powder to make it easier to get the dosage right and so that it was digested and broken up easier etc.

None of them had ever taken MDMA prior to last night and as I say, they were given exactly the same drug out of the same bag.

With regards to body mass, the 2 that experienced nothing from the MDMA are about half the size of the guy that had a good time. Also I've been assured that they had all eaten and drank about the same throughout the day leading up to taking the capsules.

To the best of my knowledge none of them had any other drugs prior to taking it and none of them took anything else alongside the MDMA.

Is it possible that it had an effect on one of them and not the other two?

If so, can someone please explain to me how this could have happened because I'm absolutely puzzled and I can't get my head around how this could have happened. I've never heard of anything like this before so if anyone could shed some light on this at all, any help would be more than appreciated.

Also, if anyone thinks it could be another variable and needs to know any more information I can try my best to find out!

Thanks in advance guys.

I don't have too much knowledge on MDMA, but body mass shouldn't affect someone that much. I've had guys 3 times my size get just as fucked up as the smaller guys. Of course, like I said I don't know much about MDMA, you might be better off with someone different there.

Some drugs don't affect certain people. There was a guy about 250 lbs who ate 5 shrooms and had the trip of his life, meanwhile I (180 lbs) ate 4 and got nothing buy a small body high. There are many other factors that come into play, such as heart rate and blood pressure. A person with less blood or a slower heart rate gets high faster, and vice versa. (So I learned from Biology) As well as Lortabs, I know a friend who can't even begin to feel a buzz from them or any opiates for that matter. He simply gets the bad effects such as stomach ache, vomiting, headaches. Same with most nerve pills. Everyone is different.

You might want to hit up a few Wikipedia pages about how medicines affect different people.

Your friend who did feel the effects. Was he on any medication? Were the other 2 on antidepressants?

That would be my question, were the other 2 on meds. This as it can also cause a much worse situation, which is taking MDMA with SSRI's which leads to serotonin syndrome. Make sure no anti-d's (TCA, SSRI, or MAOI) or anti-psychotics are ever mixed in any quantities with MDMA. Odd story for the doses.