• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is there any OTC drugs that will induce creativity?

BettyBoop420

Greenlighter
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place or doing anything wrong in general. But I'm pretty broke and looking for something over the counter that can help me out with drawing. I find drawing the same things over and over again. I need to ignite my spark of creativity again and marijuana just isn't cutting it anymore. I'm in a rut and need something cheap to get me out of it. (No dramamine or diphenhydramine, I can't focus enough to draw on those)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ephedrine is still sold as bronkaid I believe (stimulant) in the states at least

DXM might help, it gets a bad rap but if you haven't tried it, that would be a shot (start at 300mg or less) (dissociative)

Dramamine is diphenhydramine. If you meant DXM disregard that suggestion.

Also no swimming here. Dis be a forum not a beach. Cheers

Edit: I fucked up, forgot dimenhydrinate was a thing, my bad. Dexing is way better than either of the others.

Last edited:
First of all, don't say SWIM it's confusing and unnecessary.

You pretty much named half of the OTC drugs (dramamine and diph) that when taken in access can produce a "high". The only other drug I can think of OTC is DXM, which is a dissociative which by nature makes it not a very good drug for productivity, but some people claim it makes them more creative. If you really want an OTC thing, get a bottle of Robotussin or a box of Robotussin. Look on the back to make sure the only Active Ingredient is Dextromethorphan. I recommend taking ~200-300mg of DXM your first time. Another cool thing could be Nitrous Oxide. It's a totally legal and very safe psychedelic gas that you can inhale for a short but intense high. Look online or in sex shops for "whippits" and a whip cream dispenser/cracker to inhale the gas. The crackers are cheapest, but be careful with those, the balloon can slip off and they get pretty cold.

You mentioned you smoke pot and that it's just not powerful enough anymore. Have you ever tried eating weed? Edibles produce a very different high than smoking weed, and they can be much more psychedelic, which is perfect for an artist. I recommend either that, or getting a little drunk and then smoking weed for added effect. OTC highs are just gross and plain boring.

Be safe and welcome to the site :D

I'd kind of like something relaxing like kpin, but euphoric and wont make me fall asleep. I WANT mushrooms, but can't afford them

Thank you, being new to the site I've just seen "SWIM" used a lot so I figured it was some kind of etiquette. I could try and edible.. and im not so sure how strong dxm is. If I'll even be able to draw

Try DXM just once, capsules are sold which are easier to get down than syrup.

Also that weird guy who posted about beer and pizza made a good point. Exotics can be overrated.

NO drugs will induce creativity, you might make something different then when sober but in the long haul they hurt IMO. but for OTC dxm. maybe benzedrex.

Salvia maybe? If your in the right state that is. I'm gonna pick wild morning glory seeds but it just ain't that time of year yet.

Heroin. Methamphetamine. Crack. PCP. All OTC drugs, just ask your local pharmacist. They MAY be hesitant to give you the medication, but just show them your ID and say you need to be creative, don't forget to smile. A smile goes A LONG way with these people.

Ephedrine is still sold as bronkaid I believe (stimulant) in the states at least

From my experience, ephedrine doesn't induce creativity. Efficiency? Oh yes. :p

Probably not what you're looking for, but I have found that I'm more creative with a mixture of amphetamines and benzos. I dunno why, it's kinda weird. I think it may more be the benzos but I definitely can't say that for sure, I haven't done any research.

I like to either drink a coffee or a 40 and draw. Don't forget, the creativity is always there! You need a a drug that motivates you to harness your (existing) creativity. Nothing will actually induce it.

Heroin. Methamphetamine. Crack. PCP. All OTC drugs, just ask your local pharmacist. They MAY be hesitant to give you the medication, but just show them your ID and say you need to be creative, don't forget to smile. A smile goes A LONG way with these people.

lol ;)

NO drugs will induce creativity

This only applies if one has no creativity within them. Otherwise it often happens that one who is not that creative when sober due to preoccupations of a materialistic nature -such as having to cope with an idiotic boss for example- see their creative side emerge when under the influence of certain drugs. Which ones depends on the individual, for some it's booze for others it's psychedelic deleriants, opiates, weed, you name it. For me it's stimulants. Many great artists including painters, actors, writers have never done well when sober. Look at all the boring stories Stephin King writes when he's straight then compare with Carrie and Cujo to name only two of his many masterpieces.

Last edited:
Speed rant #2 :p

On the topic of drug-induced creativity, I'd just like to give my 2¢ about that, as the reason i was initially drawn to drugs was because the guitarist in a band i really liked at the time said in an interview that acid was "like magic for the creative psyche", and having been a musician and artist since age 3, I wanted to get in on some of that!

IMO if your not a creative person, drugs won't change that. I believe there are two mind types, creative minds and practical minds, and you can't simply change that in a person. To say someone is "creative" doesn't necessarily mean that they have to be an artist in my mind, but rather that they thrive on imagining new alternate ideals or ideas to the ones that are instilled in us from birth, while the practical minds are geared towards survival and progress. That's my hippy-ass theory about the mind and creativity, and when you introduce drugs to the picture, creative people will often find that their creativity increases when on certain drugs, different drugs increasing creativity in different ways.

Having said that, drugs that will make it easier to get creative include stimulants, cannabis, and sometimes alcohol for me, so of those, the OTC drugs that would serve this purpose would be caffeine, nicotine or any kind of OTC stimulant.

As far as drugs that will inspire creativity, but won't necessarily make you immediately feel like getting creative, the way to go is hallucinogens. Unfortunately OTC hallucinogens kinda suck IMO, the only one even worth trying is DXM. If youre looking for drugs that are not sold over the counter at drugstores but are easily obtainable and legal or quasi-legal, san pedro cactus is by far the best option, and it grows everywhere in the southwestern part of the country, and is cheap and available for order on the interwebz.

But try to find your creativity on your own before using to drugs to induce or enhance it.