• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Tolerance question after gram of amphetamine overdose

new character

Greenlighter
On monday I accidentally ingested between 800-1200mg of amphetamine sulphate. It was a rollercoaster of an experience, involved a trip to the hospital, and I feared more than once that I was going to depart from the realm of the living. You can read more about it here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments/2bhrb8/29_hours_ago_i_occidentally_ingested_between/

My question is, how do you think this is likely to have affected my tolerance? It's been 5 days now since my overdose and I feel mostly ok - still quite sleepy and hungry but otherwise ok. The chest pains have stopped and I don't get tingly feelings in my extremities nor do I any longer feel dizzy when I stand up. I'm not depressed at all.

While I do not plan on dabbling with amphetamines again just yet, I would like to know just how badly this mistake will have affected my tolerance. Here's some info about my amphetamine use prior to this incident:

- Never used more than 60mg in a day
- Never used more than 20mg at once
- Used ephedrine here and there as I'm a bodybuilder at doses between 30mg - 100mg per day (only mention this because I believe there is a cross tolerance, although this started well before my amphetamine use so I guess not much tolerance was built up since I was able to easily feel the effects of 20mg amp sulphate)

I love using amps for productivity in motivation but have no interest in using recreationally at this stage. If I choose to use again am I going to have to double my dose, or more, to get the same therapeutic effects I used to get prior to this nightmare of an overdose?

Any insight you more experienced guys can offer would be much appreciated.

P.S sorry if this is in the wrong forum, wasn't sure.

Exercise and ephedrine with amphetamine can create heart problems.

It will have gone up. See the "Amphetamine: The Drug You Learn To Hate" thread. I'd imagine you're at stage 2-4 if you you've used as much as you say you have. But I don't know.

I've known people who were cocaine addicts. They were stabilized on doses of dextroamphetamine and they still find a beneficial therapeutic effect from the drug.

It's hard to tell, though. We can't give you numbers, even if we wanted to.

Therapeutically, you shouldn't have to raise your dose. They won't give the same anorectic or motivational effects as before, in that they won't make you do things as well, but could facilitate production if you're already engaged.

One time about eight years ago I drank some water that I suspect had a lot of amphetamine in it. I was on prescription amps for a while a couple months afterwards due to failing grades and ADHD diagnosis (now I take strattera), and it worked therapeutically. But the effects always drop off to a certain extent. Many are on the same dose their entire life.

I should clarify that I never used ephedrine and amphetamines simultaneously.

Thanks for your post though, it was very helpful.

"What happened yesterday morning is that I transfered my usual 2ml into a fresh glass of water, then got distracted by something on TV and then went to the bathroom. When I got back, I, as I always do, chugged what I thought to be 20mg amphetamine sulphate in 2 or three gulps. It was the wrong glass."

Did your bottle storing the amphetamine have a colorful hazard label on it? Was it a special, air-tight seal bottle? Did you properly label, and in general, did you treat your amphetamine with the respect that any other fatal poison deserves? If the answer is no, than you are the living proof as to why laws against drugs exist.

"What happened yesterday morning is that I transfered my usual 2ml into a fresh glass of water, then got distracted by something on TV and then went to the bathroom. When I got back, I, as I always do, chugged what I thought to be 20mg amphetamine sulphate in 2 or three gulps. It was the wrong glass."

Did your bottle storing the amphetamine have a colorful hazard label on it? Was it a special, air-tight seal bottle? Did you properly label, and in general, did you treat your amphetamine with the respect that any other fatal poison deserves? If the answer is no, than you are the living proof as to why laws against drugs exist.

Prior to that day the container storing amphetamine was a different coloured jug quite clearly labelled, but unfortunately as I used up more and more of the solution it became harder to transfer across 2ml due to the large surface area of said jug. That morning I had transferred the solution into a different container and had not yet labelled it, hence the accident.

If you think laws against drugs exist solely because people don't respect their dangers then you are mistaken I'm afraid.

Prior to that day the container storing amphetamine was a different coloured jug quite clearly labelled, but unfortunately as I used up more and more of the solution it became harder to transfer across 2ml due to the large surface area of said jug. That morning I had transferred the solution into a different container and had not yet labelled it, hence the accident.

If you think laws against drugs exist solely because people don't respect their dangers then you are mistaken I'm afraid.

You ODed, went to the hospital, and an entire team of well-paid doctors and nurses had to work on you to make you back into a man, instead of working on other patients also in need of assistance. You don't see how that's unfair to them? There's nothing wrong with doing drugs, just don't fkn OD and involve everyone else.

Now everyone has one additional reason to demonize amphetamines.

You ODed, went to the hospital, and an entire team of well-paid doctors and nurses had to work on you to make you back into a man, instead of working on other patients also in need of assistance. You don't see how that's unfair to them? There's nothing wrong with doing drugs, just don't fkn OD and involve everyone else.

Now everyone has one additional reason to demonize amphetamines.

Are you having a bad week or is having a go at people unprovoked just a function of your personality?

Edit: Okay I checked your post history and it looks like you're not in great shape, mentally. As you were.

Are you having a bad week or is having a go at people unprovoked just a function of your personality?

Edit: Okay I checked your post history and it looks like you're not in great shape, mentally. As you were.

Gee, at least I don't mistake a methanol bottle for a water bottle and drink from it...I'm not a retard.