• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

If an alien ship landed tomorrow would you jump on?

I think I'd check the exterior for any swastika's first..

Joke aside, no way would I get on board. Life is confusing enough as it is on this planet.. I don't need a new environment to feel even more confused in. Besides, it doesn't matter where you go on this planet or another.. your troubles will always follow you. The only way out, is in.

Ofc. I think about this everyday. Humans and earth are overrated. I wouldn't hesitate about leaving and tbh, I wouldn't mind ever coming back. Experiencing new things is always exhilirating. Experencing something of ET-spaceship-galactic-adventure nature has to be the ultimate thrill. All earthly matters will be obsolete. Plus there might be some insanely hot humanoid Asian, I meant alien chicks/cyborgs to "befriend". Only thing I will truly miss about earth is her beautiful nature.

I would stay. I'm already used to living here on earth... and I don't believe I'll be happier in another place.

There was a time when seeing one would not have been surprising.

I kind of doubt they have any direct need to be 'friends' with humans.

But, I could be wrong.

If I had the chance, perhaps.

Last edited:
It'd be cool to stay and see all the drama surrounding the event. Maybe get some sort of job building space stuff. Maybe run in fear at them trying to conquer. I'd kinda like for a ton of people to leave and then live in an abandoned city or town or something.

I would have to judge it based on their energy. If they seem like an enlightened people with more secrets of the universe and existence then I might want to go with them. If they're just interlopers here to experiment on people then I think not.

Kind of agree with -=SS=- in that it might just be same shit different pile, and outer space would surely be so awesome that it would just create more layers of illusion to work through.

Not entirely convinced that humans can thrive off of planet earth either, assuming that this theoretical ship would be leaving.

Pretty much definitely not. I can not really imagine any way this could unfold where I would even be tempted.

Last edited:
The idealist and escapist in me would be onboard that ship before they even finished the question.

But for a more pragmatic answer; leave my friends and family behind forever? Bit of a dick move.

I think this question is very similar to suicide, if one believes that the death of the body is somehow not the end. You would be throwing yourself into a total unknown. Maybe it's paradise beyond the confines of our solar system. Or maybe the aliens will perform hideous experiments on you for the next million years; the moment you realise your mistake is when they start by inserting your libia into your eyeball to see how you react. More likely it'd be something in between. The universe is hostile, and you're not going to escape that by leaving this particular planet.

Sure. The only thing making the term alien hold it's definition is lack of knowing what something is. I would be glad to understand I can bond over the term 'alien' as myself and these 'aliens' demolish the term.

-dp

The idealist and escapist in me would be onboard that ship before they even finished the question.

But for a more pragmatic answer; leave my friends and family behind forever? Bit of a dick move.

I think this question is very similar to suicide, if one believes that the death of the body is somehow not the end. You would be throwing yourself into a total unknown. Maybe it's paradise beyond the confines of our solar system. Or maybe the aliens will perform hideous experiments on you for the next million years; the moment you realise your mistake is when they start by inserting your libia into your eyeball to see how you react. More likely it'd be something in between. The universe is hostile, and you're not going to escape that by leaving this particular planet.
*tibia

This reminds me of the lyrics to Radiohead's "Subterranean Homesick Alien". If you feel alienated and special (who doesn't?) to an extreme degree and have an especially optimistic view of what exterterrestial caretakers offer in the way of human wish fulfillment the answer is probably "yes.":
Up above, aliens hover
Making home movies for the folks back home
Of all these weird creatures who lock up their spirits
Drill holes in themselves and live for their secrets

They're all
Uptight ...

I wish that they'd swoop down, in a country lane
Late at night when I'm driving
Take me on board their beautiful ship
Show me the world as I'd love to see it

I'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me
They'd think that I'd finally lost it completely
I'd show them the stars, and the meaning of life
They'd shut me away, but I'd be alright, alright

I'd definitely be tempted, but I would only make the decision after examining the ship and it's inhabitants.

I will only hop on if there is a reassurance that I will have a better life on the other planet and if I'm not to be experimented on :D