• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone potentiate heroin? Kinda need and quick response please.

Animoe

Bluelighter
Ive been on methadone 30mg-150 mg for about 10 days now, I quit taking it about 4 days ago and I got some H today and felt the full effects, nodding and everything.. My question is, if I took say 5mg methadone before I did some H would it potentiate it? or would it be better to take the 5mg methadone after I did my H?

Or should I just leave the methadone out of the equation? I'm getting more dope in the morning so I kinda need an answer quick.

The 5mgs will most likely add to the high but also be more dangerous because mixing the 2 is asking for troubles such as overdose and tolerance increasing like crazy. But as long as you don't get too high in dosage you should be fine. Me though I would save the done for when I'm sick and out of dope cause it will only really make you more sleepy with the dope it doesn't exactly potentiate it its just another opiate without much euphoria added on top of one which carries a lot of euphoria. When you start getting into the 20mg and up range you start to notice the dope euphoria getting blocked by the methadone as you probably already know.

Do not mix methadone with heroin, its danger waiting to happen......I know you have a tolerance to both it may be safe for you but let's not forget some of the biggest experts with the highest tolerances have died from mixing opiates.

No, you'll die.

Not to mention that wondering if you can potentiate Heroin with the methadone you got from rehab is a bit pushing your luck. If you feel invincible and stuff it's ok, but you still can think rationally right? Anything potentiating Heroin would not be allowed in rehabs. Methadone is rehab treatment.

I've never tried that combo but I would think the 'done would cancel out some of dope? Maybe I'm wrong but that seems like it would be an awful waste of good dope .

^ how so? they are both opiates, so they'll potentiate eachother.

if you have a tolerance 5 mg of methadone is nothing, but it depends on how much dope you'll do.
I would advice against this just for the sake of safety, also because methadone has such an high half life that you could od even 20+ hours after taking it if you take too much dope/keep on redosing.

I don't have a lot of experience with either of these drugs but I thought the methadone worked by blocking the effects of other opiates? I know 5mg isn't much but I just figured the done would block the effects of a little of the dope at least? Kinda like suboxone.

not recommended. save the Done for when youre sick

that's like getting a quarter pounder at McDonalds on the way to a reservation steakhouse dinner

I don't have a lot of experience with either of these drugs but I thought the methadone worked by blocking the effects of other opiates? I know 5mg isn't much but I just figured the done would block the effects of a little of the dope at least? Kinda like suboxone.

Yes this does happen your right cliffy but like Suboxone you need a high enough dose to cause any blocking of opiates and 5 mgs is not enough you would need about 40-50mgs for blocking to start to happen and with subutex/Suboxone you need over 2mgs for much blocking to occur.

not recommended. save the Done for when youre sick

that's like getting a quarter pounder at McDonalds on the way to a reservation steakhouse dinner

Hahaha good analogy that made me chuckle. That's exactly right though

^ how so? they are both opiates, so they'll potentiate eachother.

if you have a tolerance 5 mg of methadone is nothing, but it depends on how much dope you'll do.
I would advice against this just for the sake of safety, also because methadone has such an high half life that you could od even 20+ hours after taking it if you take too much dope/keep on redosing.

If I understand this well, methadone causes competition on the opioid receptors, which feels like a lowered amount of available receptors type of tolerance, plus the minimal effect from the methadone.

Yes this does happen your right cliffy but like Suboxone you need a high enough dose to cause any blocking of opiates and 5 mgs is not enough you would need about 40-50mgs for blocking to start to happen and with subutex/Suboxone you need over 2mgs for much blocking to occur.
Ahh, gotcha! I understand a bit better now.
I was wondering cause last month I oded and took 2mg sub that only seemed to make it more intense but then I dosed another 2mg and snapped right outta it so that makes the same sense with the methadone except Bupe is just stronger than the done' so u need 2-4mg sub vs 30-40mg 'done to block a decent dose. Makes sense now, especially with the mcdonalds vs steak analogy, lol...

I recently relapsed after a significant clean time. More then one year. I experimented with this combo on various occasions. I dont say its safe.
My reasons for doing this were that heroin is more expensive then methadone and that heroin is lacking some of The sedative effects i like in methadone. Heroin is more euphoric methadone more sedative and numbing
I my opinion they are both on top of The opiates i like the most .I would have a hard time differentiating them blindly in an i.v. shot anyway.
I combined 20mg methadone with 0.2g heroin of unknown purity ( probably low). You just have to keep the methadone dosage low, because it has a higher receptor affinity then heroin.

The experience was very positive and i had some of the best nods in a long time.

Im on 60mls supervised consumption daily and i currently use 3/4 bags of h base (no.3) once every 2 weeks or so. i normally have to take my meth about 13.00 so on the day i use i score early, usually shooting the first bag and smoking the rest to keep the buzz topped up. By the time my meth is due im usually on my last bag and feeling pretty noddy. my meth dose (plus some nice weed ) then tends to potentiate the nod over the next 4/5 hours, keeping me nice and relaxed but in doing so it sucks the crazy buzz out of the initial h doses. If i allow my meth to take effect before i take any gear, it tends to block most of the euphoric effect and i start to get very sedated very quickly

I know this is crap hr and one should never mix 2 depressants of any class but thats my 2 cents on how i go about using my methadone to power up my buzz