• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Trying to adapt to life without junk

5meoh

Bluelighter
I know I'm not the first and wont be the last to say I can't stop having urges to have one good shot again for old times sake but my rational mind knows this is not a good idea.

I was a heavy Opiate, Cocaine and MDMA user for many many many years, so far Ive bee sober for 5 and am nearly off Methadone completely (less than 10mg daily).

How do you others deal with the incredibly overwhelming urge to get high specifically on good old fashioned dope (Heroin). I can't seem to shake it off my back even though it's been 5 years since my last usage.

Feel free to ask questions or make as bold a comment as you want.

The high from dope comes and leaves you, your actual life is forever and what you should be focusing on. One can destroy the other / make the other into a living hell, and it isn't worth it. Seriously, let's say you end up in the hospital and they are shooting you up with dilaudid any time you want it, it doesn't actually make you happy. It feels good for the first few shots, then you just aren't getting anything out of it regardless of how high you are getting, and you're just stuck on IV drugs again.

It most certainly isn't worth it. Take it from some one who only has 6 days free from the devil

Doing a little partying here and there won't hurt you. I used to roll trip and snort blow all the time. Never hurt me at all. Do everything in moderation and you'll be fine. The one thing that did fry my brain was pharmaceuticals like adderal and painkillers. Once I got hooked on that I started doing dope ever since that I feel brain dead. Drugs aren't bad only if you do it on the weekends

Doing a little partying here and there won't hurt you.

That is not necessarily true for someone that knows themselves well enough to know that 'here and there' never actually plays out that way. One thing to remember is that your experience with drugs is subjective--it is simply your experience. Harm reduction involves telling all the possible truths about drug use. There are a lot of lies and exaggerations out there for sure, but there is a danger that comes from minimalising the risks--especially when a person is discussing craving a substance they were obviously addicted to. The substances that you took "all the time" without harm all carry the potential for harm in someone else even though they may use with the same frequency.

OP, in a way I think of craving like I think of fear. We want it to go away and not bother us but trying to outrun it never does the trick. Sometimes, it is useful to sit right in the thick of it and tease it apart. Ask yourself "Why am I having this right now? What is the trigger? Boredom? A feeling of being unfulfilled?" When you start to dissect it, you can create strategies to lessen the impact it has on you. Good luck--it isn't easy.<3

Kaitybear thats 2 of his threads u replied with horrible harm reduction advice not judging u but for the good of the OP i suggest more wisdom less knowledge