• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids really sick, not sure if its drug related

GGooDD

Bluelighter
as topic says, i woke up yesterday in a cold sweat, i slept about 7 hours which is regular for me, i had to call in sick to work which has never happened to me before, i havent taken codeine in atleast 2 weeks, dxm in a few months, yesterday was the first day in over 2 years that i didnt smoke weed in any way, (its that bad) today my entire body is in pain, the cold sweats arnt as bad now, but when i woke up they were, i cant eat, but my stomach doesnt feel upset, could this be a delayed withdrawl?

i used to abuse codeine, for about 2 years, ive been slowly coming off it, been completely clean for atleast 2 weeks, i didnt experience any w/d symptoms, i smoke alot of weed, in the last 2 weeks i have been reducing that amount also.

i dont usually get sick, its a long drive to a clinic for me. feeling kinda light headed

I doubt it's delayed wd. Does sound like the flu. There's a bug going around here in New England. Thought I was wd'ing yesterday but I ate a suboxone and still feel like shit. Same feeling u describe, just like wd. It's pretty fucked up that I've been on opiates so long that I can't tell if I'm really sick or it's wd, it's a real mindfuck...

I doubt it's delayed wd. Does sound like the flu. There's a bug going around here in New England. Thought I was wd'ing yesterday but I ate a suboxone and still feel like shit. Same feeling u describe, just like wd. It's pretty fucked up that I've been on opiates so long that I can't tell if I'm really sick or it's wd, it's a real mindfuck...

lol mindfuck indeed, apparently there is a flu going around where i live, last 2-3 days, ill try to sleep it off again and see if it gets better, thanks for your input.

Generally symptoms like RLS, anxiety and depression are distinguishing hallmarks of opioid withdrawal. If you have no increase in those symptoms chances are it's the flu.

I don't know where you live, but we're having a MASSIVE flu outbreak here in Missouri. It doesn't sound like a delayed withdrawal to me either... but being sick is no fun.

It's probably just the flu, however, I had a quitting period of two weeks and was supplementing with other things to help mask the WD symptoms. One day after not taking anything I finally had awful withdrawals. So bad that I started using again... I have a thread about it in this forum actually...

I don't know where you live, but we're having a MASSIVE flu outbreak here in Missouri. It doesn't sound like a delayed withdrawal to me either... but being sick is no fun.

its funny because i am up the river from you, essentially :p im at the red river in canada mb. seems there is a big flu thing going around