• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Day 1 Norco Withdrawal

norcoheaven

Greenlighter
So Day 1 and the depression is bad.....
I know I can get more on the 30th. Thoughts of knowing that they will be around make this bearable. However, I don't want to go back to them. Awful.

Hi there. If I were you I'd destroy the script asap. It's very hard to resist the temptation when you have them available, good luck with whatever you choose to do :).
NMI ------> TDS

Though knowing that you can get more on the 30th will, as you say, make it bearable. But then you will go through this again at the end of next month, and for months after that depending on the number of refills you have. I would say that you will have gotten through the physical withdrawals by the 30th. And that would be a great jumping off point.

Thanks for your replies. This depression is just so freaking hard. I cried earlier which actually made me feel better. I have taken imodium to help with the runs. I also take Zoloft for anxiety on a daily basis. Has anyone tried seeing a doctor to help with withdrawals?

Im a little over 2 weeks in on Norco 7.5/325 about 30 a day withdrawals. It's hard. Not going to lie. But after the first few days it became bearable. The lingering problems I'm having is anxiety and RLS. I'm hoping the both go away soon. I also have a script I could fill on the 28th. But will not be calling it in. Stay strong. It does get better each day even if it's minimul.

I never went to my Dr. to let him know what was going on. I just had him call me in some Ativan for the axiety. I just wish there was a cure for RLS besides more opiates... Oh well. I had to pay the piper sometime and I just hope the symptoms go away.

Good luck. Go get your mind off it. I usually take a walk with my kids. Helps my legs and being with them makes me forget my axiety.

Remember that if you decide to fill that script on the 30th... This will keep happening until you really decide it's enough. YOU have to want to stop.

I just wish there was a cure for RLS besides more opiates... Oh well. I had to pay the piper sometime and I just hope the symptoms go away.

There is, mate. Neurontin (gabapentin) or Lyrica (pregabalin). It will nullify that shit. Just be careful not to get hooked on it though. Lyrica especially.

Good hot baths, the soaking kind, before bedtime can help with the RLS.

Look up KenD88's thread and give it a good read. There are many things in it that can be helpful to you.

A benzodiazepine would help but they are also addictive so you would have to use them for a short time only. Clonodine (spl?) Is another med that can help, and your doctor should have no trouble prescribing it.

But it does boil down to you and if you are really ready to quit, because if not you will have a hell'uva time trying to quit.

Again, read KenD88's thread as it should really help. Also a good idea to try and post everyday with how you are doing. Even if you make a mistake and use, still post because it helps to hold you accountable.

Good luck, and you can do this! !