• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin testing positive for opiates without using them

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsnowygrainius

Bluelighter
the title says it all. How is this even possible? the out patient facility sends my urine out to a lab so I mean yea I guess its possible a mistake was made, there are not robots working at the labs they are human beings. Someone please help me because I just do not understand how i can come up positive for opiates after not using any. Of course no one believes me that I did not use because I am a heroin addict but you cant even imagine the frustration im so upset and angry

I have a feeling that this thread will get shutdown because it about drug testing and breaks the rules or w.e. and if thats the case that is absurd, I have no where else to turn i am just looking for some ideas on how this phenomenon even is possible, not trying to beat the system or anything like that, help a brother out here.

If you tested positive then they usually do a secondary test to confirm it's not a false positive. They know they're system is fucked I think, some won't admit it, but I think they know. I had a false positive for a different opiate than what I'm prescribed and I went bat shit!! Demanded to be tested again to redeem myself, and they did, and I did. They must've mixed my piss up cause they had me testing positive for fucking everything!! Meth- I've never even seen in person, methadone- took a few pills maybe 4 years before that ua, dilaudid- turns out I metabolize my oxy into dilaudid, go figure!! All that takes is a google search. I came back positive for dilaudid but the dr said that happens with certain pct of patients on oxy. Dude, demand a retest ASAP!!!! Your clean, u know it, go fucking bananas until they have to test u to shut u up, it's better than having that black mark on your record...

Tell us how you really feel!

The poppy seed thing is common knowledge, at least I thought. I've heard of people who used to "trick" a drug test by eating a poppy seed bagel which show up on the test and 'falsify it' so you have more time to get the weed out of your system and test again. This makes no sense to me because they'd simply now see weed AND opiates...unless there's some kind of 'catch-all' test that simply tests positive or negative for DRUGS in general? No idea.

There's lots of ways you could test positive for opiates. You say you're an addict, so it can be assumed you've spent a lot of time near or around opiates, so it's very possible there are trace amounts of opiates on your belongings. Some could have got on your hand or something, you ate food, and that trace amount made you piss positive. Same goes for if you've spent time around other users too, been to their houses, etc..

Have you taken any other drugs recently? Heroin has been found (although rare) in MDMA tablets. Also, if a drug dealer himself has lots of opiates on hand, it's always possible trace amounts got into your bag of whatever...that is if you did other drugs.

Have you used kratom or anything similar to ease your withdrawals? I read accusations (but no proof) that opiates have been found in batches of kratom to make it stronger/more addictive, but again I doubt this one to be very true or common. Have you used loperamide (Immodium)? That is an opiate, so I'd imagine you'd piss dirty.

Can't really think of anything else..

last time i used heroin was on june 14th after being clean from it since january.they knew about the relapse then they tested me on june 24th, my urine was clean. then the week after that, july 1st, i took the test they sent it out to lab and it came back positive for opiates. I use no other drugs, I dont drink and I dont smoke

Pinpoint got put in check. As for your question, what have you used prior to the DT? List everything you can think off.

The subs can cause a false positive... Do you use cough syrup, even in small doses? That can trigger a false positive. Kratom at 2 grams a day sounds pretty rough to kick :p... I don't get all the hate but I never even took the second to look at other posts from this guy... I will take the 5 grand and spam this man to death :)

Lol... Well that escalated quickly. Honestly had a good chuckle at that while doped up. Can't be bothered to quote it but the mother gonorrhea thing was fucking outstandingly hilarious.

Anyway like most people have said, if it is a false positive, they should send it back again to check it thoroughly. They might call you back for a blood test - or you can suggest that you have blood drawn for them to test if you're 100% sure you should be clean.

I'm closing this since we don't allow these questions and too many people are breaking other rules in here too. Btw you can test positive for opiates if you eat enough poppy seeds. Have the lab do another test and that should clear things up. Even if we told you some way you could have gotten the false positive you would still have to convince your counselors or whatever of that, so not really sure what could be accomplished here anyway.

Place someone on ignore if you don't like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.