Klonopin Withdrawal

zac01

Greenlighter
I'm on day three without any Klonopin. I am prescribed 1MG 3x a day.. However, I just took it when ever.. I stopped a few years ago and didn't really experience anything.. However, I took a half pill on Sunday and Sunday night, and that's been it.. However, it's really hard this time around.. I'm so tired and feel like I have the flu.. I didn't take them everyday, well, usually at night to go to sleep.. But, 2-3 times a week I might take 2-3 pills at a time with alcohol maybe 5-6 pills total for that day.. I've read a lot of helpful information on these forums, but wanted to start my own thread..

How long are these "flu like" symptoms going to last? Also, have confusion, and hard to sleep, along with very tired and stiffness oh, and headaches.... However, I slept better last night, but feel like crap today.. Is there anything I can do or take to make me feel better? I've seen were some people taper down, but usually have to go through this at some point.. I can take a half one.. but, if it is just going to delay what I am going through, I rather just tough it out.. Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Are you sure you don't just have a cold/flu? How much were you taking when you quit with hardly any side effects before? I'm not 100% knowledgeable on those kinds of meds but any tapering usually just prolongs the agony. With tapering you might not feel AS bad but I'd say if you've already made it 3 days you should just ride it out. Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I know benzo WD can be hell.

Were you taking your klonopin the same way, when you quit a few years ago, as you did this time? If you were I would think that wds would not be as severe as they would if you had taken it as prescribed. Now I do not take any benzo's so I may just be full of shit! But years ago,15-20 years, I was prescribed xanax and took it as prescribed, until my last two bottles which I took sporadically and in high doses. All total I was on it for 8 months and had no wds as I remember. Of course I had not been warned of any wds and didn't have any way of finding out about them. Maybe wirh all the info we now have access to and this forum in particular, we know ALL about what to expect. Guess I'm just trying to say that our mind can really build up all the bad things that can happen and we fear this and worry about it so when the time comes the wds are worse because we dissect every little thing going on in our bodies. So maybe without the knowledge of what to expect it was just assumed to be a bad cold or the flu.

Not trying to downplay benzo withdrawal as it is real, and can be life threatening.