• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What are your favourite non mind-boggling psychedelics?

MarkoPolo

Bluelighter
I'm just wondering which are THE BEST psychedelics for visuals i.e., contrasting with lsd which for me is mostly profound thinking and less looking at the fractals.

I've tried lsd, 4-aco, 2-cb (favourite) aMT, DOI (two shittest tripps i ever had) and 5-meo-mipt (also pretty good). I found i have less fun on drugs that make me think hard and form conclusions about things etc. I've heard 2-ce is a pretty easy on the old mental state but provides for a good show? thoughts and opinions?

Marko said:
I've heard 2-ce is a pretty easy on the old mental state but provides for a good show? thoughts and opinions?

2C-E is actually recognised by many as being especially deep and mentally intense, as well as featuring extremely powerful visuals, both OEV and CEV. It does seem to provide some kind of clarity or meticulousness of thought but can really evoke odd, sometimes disturbing thought loops, time dilation, confusion, amnesia and (for some) anxiety. It is actually a pretty incredible psychedelic. But not really for your purposes...:)

2C-D is a potential candidate here. Its not especially deep, with some physical stimulation, gentle visuals, mild trippy thoughts and a forgiving potency. It is not very potent at all. 40mg's orally would be a good test, but I used to enjoy snorting little lines of maybe 20-40mg; effects were rapid, powerful and short-lived. It combines beautifully with DMT :) DMT is one of the best visual psychedelics, but it is extremely mind bending also.

2C-I is another possibility...I found it to be euphoric and inspiring, provocative of laughter and general silliness. My preferred dose was 18mg orally; I've been too scared to try snorting it.

I'm not sure if the visual/sensory and cognitive effects can really be separated from each other; they act almost symbiotically with one exploiting and feeding on the other which reciprocates, or in unity, with both visuals and thoughts oscillating and transforming simultaneously as activity mediated by the same stimulus. With that said, I've heard mention that some nBOME's exhibit almost primarily visuals- but the risky nature of these drugs makes me thinking avoiding them is best. I can also attest to the nature of 4-Ho-DiPT, which is almost only mental psychedelia with barely present visuals.

Ha, not sure I've really helped at all :D

I found 2C-C fairly visual, but lacking any mental depth until 50mg+, I'd recommend it. Felt very recreational.

I find DOC to be the perfect light psychedelic, until you take it pretty high, then it can get pretty intense mentally. A 2.5mg dose (or 3mg with experience) for me will produce beautiful visuals, but leave me in a fairly sober headspace where I am comfortable and in control of myself. It has great mental effects but they consist of a sharpening of thoughts, euphoria, and it seems to lubricate my mind to be able to effortlessly think deeply about whatever I think about. It lasts a LONG time though. I love that, but make sure you have 16-20 hours to commit to it.

And FYI, DOC is very different from DOI, I don't really like DOI either but DOC is my favorite all-around psychedelic out of everything. Not my favorite for super deep trips but as a general-purpose, fun and useful psychedelic, DOC takes the cake.

I find DOC to be the perfect light psychedelic, until you take it pretty high, then it can get pretty intense mentally. A 2.5mg dose (or 3mg with experience) for me will produce beautiful visuals, but leave me in a fairly sober headspace where I am comfortable and in control of myself. It has great mental effects but they consist of a sharpening of thoughts, euphoria, and it seems to lubricate my mind to be able to effortlessly think deeply about whatever I think about. It lasts a LONG time though. I love that, but make sure you have 16-20 hours to commit to it.

And FYI, DOC is very different from DOI, I don't really like DOI either but DOC is my favorite all-around psychedelic out of everything. Not my favorite for super deep trips but as a general-purpose, fun and useful psychedelic, DOC takes the cake.

Just curious because I know nothing about RCs, but how similar is 4-Aco-DMT to DOC?

I've heard 4-Aco-DMT described as one of the best "fun", relaxing and safe RC Psychs also.

And how long do trips from both of these substances usually last?

Kaleidoscopes are ideal for intense visualization without the mental voyaging turbulence :-D
From my experience generally the intense contemplation/realization that psychedelics bring is the more valuable aspect of the experiences, despite this aspect often being overwhelming!

As mentioned by others, 2C-I or DOC would be good candidates. DOC has a long duration though. You can also try combining 2C-B with a low dose of LSD. They combine very nicely and if you don't take too much of either it is very manageable.

Just curious because I know nothing about RCs, but how similar is 4-Aco-DMT to DOC?

I've heard 4-Aco-DMT described as one of the best "fun", relaxing and safe RC Psychs also.

And how long do trips from both of these substances usually last?

They are nothing alike really. 4-AcO-DMT is relaxing, but it's definitely a tryptamine. DOC is totally different. 4-AcO-DMT lasts anywhere from 2-5 hours, depending on the individual, while DOC lasts 16-20 hours.

They are nothing alike really. 4-AcO-DMT is relaxing, but it's definitely a tryptamine. DOC is totally different. 4-AcO-DMT lasts anywhere from 2-5 hours, depending on the individual, while DOC lasts 16-20 hours.

What class of psychedelics is DOC in?

^psychedelic amphetamines; the amphetamine analog of 2C-C. Hence the 20 hour trip instead of 6 hours like its cousin.

I've heard 2-ce is a pretty easy on the old mental state but provides for a good show?

The nature of 2C-E's mental action is actually very difficult to explain: It is easy to experience on absolute terms, but it is complex and deep. I have never experienced any kind of fear or dark thoughts in 2C-E even at high doses. Even when puking my guts out.

I'd compare it favorably against LSD in mental action. It is "similar" but more neutral and definitely less fun in as way. It is very serious stuff: You are unlikely to fool around under it's influence. At least for me it makes the results of actions seem even clearer, and i become occupied with all the things that make up reality rather than the stuff that make up a psychedelic experience: It tends to strengthen my understanding of reality rather than the opposite.

I am more likely to confront personal issues under its influence too. On acid "bad thoughts" can really be quite unnerving. With 2C-E: There is no good OR bad. It's just... Stuff that is.

I'd say it's on the "deeper" end of psychedelics. Even compared to stuff like mushrooms or DMT. It is most similar to LSD; But i feel its mindset more conductive to actually good results as expected from a tool: It simply isn't about fun at all.

That being said: It IS very visual. More so than LSD even if similar in style. And out of all psychedelics, subjectively to me i've experienced most synesthesia ever with 2C-E. So you might see visuals but you wouldn't "see" them but hear them instead. It's really... Something.

And even those things seem insignificant compared to its mental effects. I personally compare 2C-E favorably with LSD and DMT.

Methoxetamine if you coinsider that a trip... maybe some lsa seeds but honestly the vascoconstriction is a bitch... 4-aco-dmt is cool and a relaxing high and I never did 2cb but bk-2cb was very very easy to control

4-Aco-DMT is a serious trip. At 35mg I experienced ego death, thought loops, ... I was by myself alone in a calm place, I wouldn't have wanted to ride that in public.

I keep it under 15mg now.

there is already a thread like this out there: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/140341-The-Most-Visual-Psychedelic-Thread

might want to check that one out... also the title of this one is a bit misleading..

the most visual to me is al-lad. but also have had powerful visuals on mushrooms, though i find the higher the visual content, the higher the psychedelic aspect as well. i also need higher doses now for visual effects than when i started a few years back, even with no tolerance and seldom use.

The nature of 2C-E's mental action is actually very difficult to explain: It is easy to experience on absolute terms, but it is complex and deep. I have never experienced any kind of fear or dark thoughts in 2C-E even at high doses. Even when puking my guts out.

I'd compare it favorably against LSD in mental action. It is "similar" but more neutral and definitely less fun in as way. It is very serious stuff: You are unlikely to fool around under it's influence. At least for me it makes the results of actions seem even clearer, and i become occupied with all the things that make up reality rather than the stuff that make up a psychedelic experience: It tends to strengthen my understanding of reality rather than the opposite.

I am more likely to confront personal issues under its influence too. On acid "bad thoughts" can really be quite unnerving. With 2C-E: There is no good OR bad. It's just... Stuff that is.

I'd say it's on the "deeper" end of psychedelics. Even compared to stuff like mushrooms or DMT. It is most similar to LSD; But i feel its mindset more conductive to actually good results as expected from a tool: It simply isn't about fun at all.

That being said: It IS very visual. More so than LSD even if similar in style. And out of all psychedelics, subjectively to me i've experienced most synesthesia ever with 2C-E. So you might see visuals but you wouldn't "see" them but hear them instead. It's really... Something.

And even those things seem insignificant compared to its mental effects. I personally compare 2C-E favorably with LSD and DMT.

Really good post, that's pretty much my exact experience with 2C-E. It's one of the most neutral psychedelics I've ever encountered. And the sensory experience is phenomenal. Super visual in an awe-inspiring way, and my hearing becomes ultra acute and altered. At high doses my senses all begin to blend into one is an indescribable way. The deepest and most fractal trip I've ever had was with 2C-E, a +4 where at one point I was 100% convinced I didn't exist anymore, or was about to not exist. First, though, my senses blended into one super-sense, and reality deconstructed to the point where I witnessed the movement of the next higher dimensions, time and reality (by that I mean just as the entire continuum of time is the result of stacking all the instances of the entire 3-dimensional universe together, the "reality" dimension sees the entire continuum as just an infinitely thin slice of its dimension), spread out before and behind me with me in the nexus of that.

Nuts that is an insane dose... I used about 15 and was happy as hell watching monsters inc... I hear about 20 is right on spot and an extra few mgs can make a huge difference from there... 35mg is like eating 2 1/8ths of shrooms in potency... From what I have read, I never tested it that high

From the multiple batches I've had, I'd say 35mg isn't as much as 1/4oz of shrooms. It is strong, but I've had a trip on penis envys at 3.5g that came close to a 30-35mg 4-AcO-DMT dose.

4-AcO-DMT is in no way lighthearted, easy, or smooth if you take enough to really trip, it can be just as rough as mushrooms. In fact, it's in my top three most testing psychedelics, mentally.

4-HO-MET is always a good choice, however I found the visuals lacking when it comes to watching them for entertainment and wonder. I'd say it enhances color and contrast more than most psychedelics, and thus can be very beautiful. However, the actual visuals are just boring compared to other psychedelics. They don't morph and constantly change like most do, and instead look like you're seeing the framework of reality, because it's never changing. Outside at least.

i would say gentle psychs would be
-low dose moxy (5-MEO-MiPT)
-4-HO-MET "Metocin" is light no body load, and at a medium dose isn't confusing, quite visual especially at higher doses
-2C-C and 2C-D are the softest of the 2C's, quite shortly lived, and relatively visual
-MDA is like psychadelic MDMA, quite clear headed with a reasonable dose and visual in an MDMAesque way 6-APB for the same reasons
-I tried a DET analogue that was similar to metocin, t'was probably 4-HO-DET, very visual, and happy feeling

^allylescaline is somewhat milder than mescaline, as in you don't really get quite as intense visuals as a high dose of mescaline. I've only tried allylescaline out of the mescaline analogs, so I couldn't compare it to other ones.

@xorkoth Have fun at phish!! I am not huge on jam bands but am still jealous because a sick concert is a sick concert... Enjoy it :)

It was like nothing I've ever heard man, so inventive, a mix of so many different styles, jazz, funk, jam... utterly worth it. :)