• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

What is happening to me?

deadendgame

Bluelighter
<I> has been taking Concerta and Adderall last year for almost a whole year. In that year, SWIM's dosage was 36 mg Concerta which he took once a day on average. After that <I> stopped using for a few months. Now <Im> on 54 mg Concerta which he takes two pills of once every two weeks. <I have> since stopped but <I am> experiencing withdrawal symptoms. What is happening to <me> and what can <I> do about it? Based on the research, <I have> reason to believe that <my> dopamine receptors are messed up and that <I am> depleted of dopamine. Essentially, <I am> suffering from boredom and unable to experience pleasure in everything that he does. Just a complete lack of motivation. Furthermore, <My> cognitive ability is clearly affected. What is happening to <me> and what can he do about it? Is there anyone out there that can help <me>? <I have> asked many people, but if <I do> not get the help <I> needs, <I> will take the only way out. Lastly is <am I> following the rules of this forum by talking in such an alias manner?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey endgame and welcome to BL.=D Sorry you are feeling this way. We don't use alias representation on BL as it provides no legal protection (even if it did you let the cat outa the bag when you told us all you were using a alias;)) and it makes things hard to read.

What you are exspierincing is really pretty common. The good news is you have many ways you can begin to address this. First, stay off the stims as they are the cause of your issues as you already guessed. You will need to facilitate the healing you need.

Sounds like Anhedonia MEGA Thread

Which is a common symptom of constant stim use or abuse and PAWS
Why We Don’t Get Better Immediately: Post-acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS)
Post Acute Withdrawal (PAW) Excerpted From “Staying Sober” By: Terence T. Gorski
Post-acute-withdrawal syndrome Wiki

Exercise is going to be the best thing for you. at least thirty minutes of arobic exercise at least four times a week. It will help stabalize your neurochemistry and increase the plasticity of your brain thus encouraging the healing you need.

Exercise and Brain Neurotransmission
Neurobiology of Exercise
Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

You will also want to pay attention to your nutrition omega 3 fatty acids, multivitamins, non processed wholesome food..
Diet and Neurogenesis

Combine this with good consistent natural sleep.

Another important thing to realize is that just as neurochemistry affects thought, its a two way street so thoughts affect neurochemistry.
it is a powerful thing to keep our thoughts possitive and here are some threads many of us use to help us do this.
Managing depressive thinking
Good things about being off drugs/getting sober
Share something POSITIVE from your day!
Today I Am Thankful For... Ver. 3: Earth, Wind and Fire!

Allot if information there nut its all relevant and I hope it helps you out.. you will figure this out and with a little effort you will be back to normal or even better. :)

Last edited:
Deadend, NSA has given you some great resources and advice. I don't have much more to add other than I feel your pain.

I've been on adderall/vyvanse since 2009 and right now I'm about a week clean. Time off stimulants is the best thing you can do. Exercising and eating properly is the next most important thing.

Staying off this shit is imperative. Every time I've had clean time and then relapsed, the dread and anxiety and insomnia has gotten worse. Get off and stay off and eventually it will get better.