• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Withdrawal, amphetamine

TinyShe

Greenlighter
Am i the only one that loves the amphetamine withdrawal?

Two days of constant usage, sit and light a ciggarette, feel the sticking and the undescribable feeling of feeling "light?". You feel so bad but its soooo good.

So, am i the only one that dont feel bad and enjoying the withdrawal? Am i the only one that can fall asleep after 2-4 days of usage without needing benzo?

I can fall asleep same night after smoking meth. Only thing I have from withdrawal/comedown is my Chronic Tic Disorder goes haywire. Rather annoying but I manage.

I happen to like the appetite aspect of amp withdrawal. I raid my local 7-11 and end up with a receipt that would put any respectable stoner to shame :D

Are you talking about the withdrawal or the comedown?

Two sides of the same coin, I suppose, but subjectively they're a bit different for me. Amphetamine comedowns aren't exactly bad for me--but I get absurdly emotional about everything. Withdrawal in the summer after a season (the school year I take it prescribed) leaves me sleepy and demotivated for a few days, and then sleeping longer but feeling pretty good for another week. So that's not too bad either. I've always assumed that the mildness mostly had to do with the corresponding mildness of my usage, and that a tweaker's comedowns would be pretty horrendous.

I do appreciate how much I love food during withdrawal. It's just so satisfying... even moreso when I know I haven't been eating properly due to appetite suppression before that.

There is something pleasant about the withdrawal. It's almost as if you don't exist for the duration. The overwhelming desire to sleep and fulfilling that desire is very satisfying, especially if you have been mostly up and wired for a month or longer beforehand. I also remember not being able to eat enough ice cream.

I know what you mean by saying it's enjoyable. I think this is rather restricted to people who likes analysis. When you flushed most of your dopamine and noradrenaline, and amphetamine is the only thing hitting your receptors, it gets a bit out of this world. I guess you appreciate it because it feels different and you're not really much bothered mentally with physical overdrive because you cherish mind over body. I know quite a few people who enjoy such a state of mind and they are mostly analytical thinkers rather than sensing feelers. I'm a bit of both, I like analysing, but I'm also driven by feelings, so while I can find myself well in such a situation, I rather prefer complete cleansing like with repeated dissociative doses. That feeling when your head is almost completely empty and then neurons start firing again creating new connections giving you fresh ideas out of the previous scheme is just priceless. ;)

I hate the feeling. The depression makes you wanna cry. Clammy skin. It was the one reason why I stayed away from uppers. My body just couldn't handle the comedown and the binges. I've found people who like speed tend to have more resilient bodies that can handle things like 4-5 day binges