• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Valium yesterday, Alcohol today

bitofeverything

Greenlighter
Hi, yesterday I took 50mg of Valium spread out throughout the day. I did the same the day before. These were the first times I've taken it. The last pill I took was a 10mg at midnight. I will not be taking any today. Can I drink alcohol at all today? I've read most of the Valium leaves the system in 12 hours. If this is the case I should be OK right? However I've also read that some of it stays in your system for days. Other factors might be worth considering are that I can handle a lot of booze and the Valium was fun, but it didn't exactly knock me off my feet. Any ideas? Really want to drink today as its my 30th Birthday! But I also don't want to spend my birthday in the hospital lol. Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to drink alcohol(responsibly) without any problems unless you are still feeling the effects of the Valium... in which case, I would be very careful and possibly refrain from the alcohol until you don't feel the Valium anymore. Mixing benzos with alcohol can be a dangerous experience and has resulted in many deaths. I doubt you need to worry about that, but it's still always best to be on the safe side.