• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin sometimes a vein doesnt really register, but the shot still hits - whats up

blime84

Bluelighter
I have noticed in some veins, if I have taken a few shots in a spot close together in a matter of a day, the vein eventually stops registering like it did before, maybe a little spurt of blood, but barely anything, yet when I Inject, it hits, not like a missed shot, no bruise, nothing. What is going on here? Am i losing these veins little by little? I have recently started IV use more than before(went from weekly to daily, but I am thinking I need to go back to weekly if the case is what I think). The other option is to rotate more veins, but I only go between about 6-8 veins right now. a top 10 list is always great from different people. I love to see different opinions. Even better, a link with a diagram of veins which are good for injecting - FYI I only like to use short needle syringes, 31 gauge, at the biggest 30 gauge. I dont like getting poked and long needles seem to slip out of the veins easier and do more damage.

I want to get opinions especially from people who have been using IV for a long time regularly, especially if they are people who use Tar(preferably good quality tar, not the shit most people get, I know that stuff wrecks you quickly, I have seen it with my own eyes, but the good quality tar doesnt wreck you as bad. I have a friend who has been daily IV Tar using for last 7 years and his veins are relativly good, though, it does take him a few min sometimes, while I usually can hit myself in about 30 seconds, the longest part of the process is loading the shot for me.

Another quick question - Are the veins on the back of the forearms bad to use? I used them yesterday about 6 or 7 times and now I am sore there. Usually I dont get sore from shots when I dont miss and I didnt miss those(only get sore on foot shots or top of hand shots)

The vein is probably all scabbed and scarred up inside, but not completely blocked, which is why it won't register properly but will still take your shot. As for the veins on your forearm, they're not any worse to use than any other vein. It's certainly better than using veins in your wrist or neck or thigh or something. Best veins to use are any on your arm that are easy to hit and not close to nerves or tendons.

Thanks

Few more questions
So I am usually a h smoker but I go on iv vacation every so often . The last one ending today has lasted 2 weeks. Usually they are 3 or 4 days. Anyhow, this time I noticed something, the first shot I do gives a great rush but if I do a follow up shot even same size it's effects feel much milder. Any ideas why this is? It's Like no rush is possible again for a few hours (I do mix in coke every so often, but this happens when I don't do that too). When I smoke I use like 1.2 to 1.5 g a day and am nodding pretty often. It actually gets me just as high as iv but no rush. When I iv I can shoot a gram in an hour or so and I don't feel super high like I should. In fact Iv use makes me use more. I end up using 2 to 3 grams a day which I know is a waste as I can get the same effect with half that but I just keep wanting the hit. The other day I took about 10 shots Avg .3 per shot. I was not nodding super hard, but when I stopped, I didn't use again for 18 hours and when I did I was not even remotely dope sick so Iv definitely lasts longer. Smoking, I need to use at least after 13 or 14 hours or I get sick. At 18 hours I feel pretty bad.

This leads me to wonder is this how people OD? They keep taking shots ? I don't ever feel close to an od except maybe today When I only took 4 shots on my 3rd I got bad nods and waited 6 hours to dose again. Anyhow I am not the best injector and every so often. The needle slips the vein so I built up a few swollen spots which don't hurt anymore but are hard lumps so I tossed my rigs and am back to smoking maybe even methadone for a few days.

How often do regular IV users inject daily? 10 times feels like overkill, but 2 or 3 times just feels ĺacking. Perhaps this is due to me being used to smoking which is a longer ritual so I feel the need to use constantly?

Lastly , does anyone have experience with a heroin drip iv? Is there a way to make one at home where I can hit myself with an initial 300 mg then maybe like 2mg per min and just nod out all day?

Also curious if there are any iv users who got so bad they have a permanent needle somewhere so they can mainline at will?

Really lastly, any users here try rectal admin? Take the needle off n shoot it up the bum? Wondering does it burn? Any damage caused? If I don't put things up there ever how uncomfortable would it be? Compare the high to IV? Better to have diluted hit or put as much as I can in the shot? I know it seems gross but if you can. Get a rush and no needle pokes you and it doesn't hurt, might be worth a shot? Can I do speedball a like this?