• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Lump from missed shot, now painless, but still there - how to make it go away faster

blime84

Bluelighter
So about a week to 10 days ago, I missed part of a shot in the crook of my arm. I weas stupidly letting a friend inject me(never allow it anymore), so he pushed maybe 10 uTnits of liquid into the arm without hitting the vein, the needle slipped out. The area around it swelled up a bit and was painful . Over the past days, the pain has gone away, the reddness is also pretty much gone, but the bump is still there, its a hard lump thats about an inch in diameter. Is this an absess? since the pain is gone, will it eventually heal itself too? The only other time something similar happened was in the same arm, but further up the arm. In that case, it took the lump over a month to go away. I would like this gone sooner. Can anything be done to accelerate the healing process/make it go away. Its not bothering me, but visually its not the best thing to have, as I am good about track marks and this is not going to be good in the summer when its hot and long sleeves are not so common.

In my experience, rubbing the lump(not too vigorously tho), is a good way to help whatever is stuck in your arm absorb. Also, I believe applying heat might help.
But whenever I had a missed shot, if there was a lump, it was almost always gone within a day or two at most. maybe that was because when I did IV back in the day, I always made my solutions heavily diluted with water(as in, I ALWAYS used almost 100 units). SO, if I were you, I would have gone to a clinic or seen a dr by now. BUT since you say it doesn't hurt, I would think you don't have much to worry about as far as it being an abscess. If it starts to hurt, or if you have any reason to believe its infected or has puss in it, then def go get professional help immediately.