View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

should i try lsd again or mushrooms?

frankmilton

Greenlighter
i have tried lsd only once and have not tried mushrooms yet.
i gotta say, i did have a pretty bad trip when i tried lsd though.
i did it alone and a ups guy scared the shit out of me, which induced anxiety and eventually caused me to get stuck in a thought loop.
anyways, i have a chance to get my hands on both lsd and mushrooms
and i was wondering whether i should do lsd again or try mushrooms this time.

Lsd is known to cause thought loops. Personally I believe it is due to the extra activity it has in dopamine that psilocybin does not have.

Only you can decide what is right for you though.... When the time is right you will know and not just cause you feel comfortable, but you think the time is right.

I think personally that psilocybin is more intense than LSD, even though it has a shorter duration and less recreational value. It always gets me really deep into my own head.

Psychedelics shouldn't be thought of as just recreational in my opinion. It has to much spiritual impact that it can not be left out. LSD is much more intense although in a different sense to where it can not be compared to psilocin or dmt, which are similar compounds where psilocin is DMT with one tiny attachment to the molocule allowing it to be active on its own. Even though DMT and 4-HO-DMT are extremely similar they can't be compared in effect even though they as well can be similar.

Anyways off topic you need to decide for yourself.

assuming you will try a low dose of either (which I recommend), I think it is much more important to get your set and setting right rather than which drug you ingest.

^agreed, that said, i would go for a low dose of shrooms for a first psych experience.

thanks guys, that helped a lot!
i will definately keep the dosage low
im actually waiting for the perfect time right now
and when the time comes,
i will choose between a half or single tab of 250ug lsd or 1 gram of amazonian
i suppose i have a lot more of research to do before that :)

Here is a thread on mushroom vs. LSD comparison:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=201198

Set and setting are very important and yes keep the dose low until you grow a bit more accustomed to things like thought loops.
Mushrooms are definitely not milder for me, that is mostly what I am gonna say about that. ;)

I think the dose might of been abit high causing ego loss resulting in panic. Ofcourse set and setting. And mushrooms would be easier to dose lower to get a feel for things. Don't just jump into it assuming you're not sensitive. Also reassurance won't improve things, do the necessary research.

I'm also fairly inexperienced, despite researching psychedelics for around 2 years. I have only just tried LSD the once and looking to move onto 'shrooms soon, especially with season coming up. Its finally time to dive into the world of psychedelics for me now.

A man once said to me that LSD gives you the answers whilst Shrooms give the questions. Its better to start with the questions and I wish I did. I've heard worse trips from Mushrooms personally. LSD gave me that 'I know things' 'I finally get it' thought process.

^ don't buy into such broad statements... it's all up to you what you make of your trips, and you will never have the same experience as any other person.

but yeah, mushrooms are more prone to anxiety and confusion than LSD, especially in mid- to high doses, so I'd always recommend to start low for a beginner, eg not more than 1.5g of Cubensis mushrooms. You should always take good care of your set and setting though, my second mushroom trip was a total disaster, I took too much and got overwhelmed, but too afraid to let go, and then I experienced "death". But in hindsight, my set and setting were far from ideal.

If you plan on picking wild growing mushrooms, adjust the dose accordingly. Psilocybe Semilanceata (Liberty Caps) for example are more potent than the commonly grown Cubensis.

If you plan on picking wild growing mushrooms, adjust the dose accordingly. Psilocybe Semilanceata (Liberty Caps) for example are more potent than the commonly grown Cubensis.
An interesting thing about Liberty Caps is that they contain only a slight amount of psilocin (0.02 percent) and all the rest is in the form of psilocybin (0.98 percent), while Cubensis has about half and half. the combined content of the Cubensis is slightly more than the Liberty Caps, about 1.2 percent, but that's only a small difference. Liberty Caps are apparently difficult to cultivate, however, but I think I know the secret to getting them to flush. I've noticed that they only really come up in nature after frost. So I'm thinking that they may need to be chilled to a certain temperature to induce them to flush. In theory they should be a good species to cultivate because they come up in really dense patches. I've seen patches where the mushrooms were really huge and others where they were just skinny little things. If you could replicate the conditions that produce the huge ones you would get a bumper crop.