Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Mushrooms + Aniracetam = HOLY SHIT!!!!!

Seattle_Stranger

Bluelighter
I have been experimenting with -racetams lately and have also been stacking it with CDP-Choline. My most recent one is aniracetam which seemed to be providing the focus without the jitters that Noopept and Phenylpiracetam give me. I also am extremely experienced with psilocybin mushrooms and have eaten out of this very batch with friends a few times, strong, euphoric, very high quality. I've never combined the two.

It was a nice Saturday and I was planning to hang out with some friends at a local arcade that just opened. I have a 250mg dose of CDP-Choline and ~750mg aniracetam at about 4:00. Then, at about 7, I have another 750mg dose of aniracetam. Friends arrive, we go check out the arcade, walk home in the rain, get back to my place where we're drinking whiskey and smoking cannabis, playing a board game. After we're hanging out for a while, I remember this new batch of shrooms I bought and wanted to give some to my friends to take with them (or eat now if they want). I decide what the hell, I'll just eat a cap while we're kickin' it, this is nothing abnormal for me and my friends. The time is about 12 or 1am.

As we're playing the board game I notice I start to have trouble focusing on the dice we're using. They're a bad color combo, blue with green dots, so it's really hard to read them in low lighting, and now it was getting even harder. I noticed colors on the game and the dice were starting to become extremely vibrant and shiny. I start feeling the psilocybin creeping into my body, but at an alarming rate. My body was calm, I was not feeling anxiety, but I could literally feel myself disconnecting with reality and also becoming extremely stimulated. Next thing I know my environment is INTENSE and I enter this hyper-aware state where I felt like I could pay attention to absolutely everything all at once, but couldn't concentrate on one particular thing. The effect was extremely profound and very intense, but all the while I didn't feel in danger. I kept trying to curb it with whiskey, and after a shot I would feel myself returning to earth, but then after a few minutes I'd rocket back into the stars again, as if I was shifting through planes of reality. My girlfriend said my pupils were completely dilated and there was absolutely no iris showing, and I could feel my field of vision expanding. It really set in when we finished the board game, and my friend tried to explain a new card game, and it literally sounded like he was speaking another language. I could not understand what he was saying at all, and eventually stood up and said to my friends very lucidly "Guys, I'm tripping really hard, I need to go lay down for a while." They understood and I went to bed.

I woke up in the morning with a bad hangover due to drinking so much alcohol trying to curb the intensity of the trip (dumb idea). Slept off the hangover and then ended up having an AMAZING day. I felt alive, awake, happy, content, positive, creative, almost as if something was 'fixed' by my experience I had the night before. I didn't even have a desire to have kratom, which is astonishing because I'm full on addicted to it, using 8.5g 2-3x daily. It's now 2 days later and I still feel a lingering euphoria and stimulation, and although I did dose on kratom today, I barely feel it at all.

I know nootropics are supposed to potentiate psychedelics, but JESUS I had one small cap that would normaslly give a negligible effect, and it made me trip harder than I have in years. Has this happened to anyone? Does it sound dangerous (aside from the alcohol)?

Wow, that's quite the potentiation. I did have a world-shattering +4 on 2C-E once, 18mg, which normally is strong but not like this trip. The only thing different I did was take 800mg of piracetam an hour beforehand. I was never sure if if it was potentiated or if I just happened to have a +4 (the trip is important to me, one of the most profound I have ever experienced). I was never able to get anything regarding potentiation again from any -racetam that I couldn't put down to set and setting, placebo, natural variance in trips, etc.

This sounds like a very neat experience. :) I have wanted to acquaint piracetam with psychedelics for quite some time because of reports like this. Personally I have introduced it to MDMA and was treated with an intensely stimulating, loving euphoria not unlike my first date with Molly but much more energized. I have hopes for it in other experiments as well. :D

Also, I have heard of others getting very heavy potentiation from combining mushrooms with noopept as well. Aniracetam itself for me also provides a relatively psychedelic shift in perception without any friends required. I am most curious about how these compounds play with nitrous oxide. I know that they can decrease the effects of most dissociatives, but if you could still get decently projected into the ether from a nice balloon while on them then such would certainly make for an interesting cocktail with psychedelics.

Next thing I know my environment is INTENSE and I enter this hyper-aware state where I felt like I could pay attention to absolutely everything all at once, but couldn't concentrate on one particular thing.

This is exactly what I always experience on mushrooms....and why dosing 8g dried cubes then hitting the nightclubs wasn't the wisest of ideas for me :p

Small update to my previous post. Last night after reading this thread I ingested 2400 mg of piracetam, 600 mg of alpha-GPC, and 5 mg of vitamin B12, and then about three hours later I completely filled a punch balloon of nitrous. Except for maybe a very slight increase in lucidity, there was no perceived change in effects whatsoever. This information should prove useful in the future. :)

Wow, that's quite the potentiation. I did have a world-shattering +4 on 2C-E once, 18mg, which normally is strong but not like this trip. The only thing different I did was take 800mg of piracetam an hour beforehand. I was never sure if if it was potentiated or if I just happened to have a +4 (the trip is important to me, one of the most profound I have ever experienced). I was never able to get anything regarding potentiation again from any -racetam that I couldn't put down to set and setting, placebo, natural variance in trips, etc.

It sounds like whatever 'clarity' the -racetams introduce is potentiated 1000x by psychedelics which ends up making you peer into that rabbit hole with far more awareness and data intake, thus potentiating the experience greatly. If you think about it, psychs and nootrpoics have some similar properties, and I've even read about people micro-dosing psychs for their nootropic value. I could see how that would work, low dose psilocybin usually does have this stimulating, focusing kind of effect on me which is why I took them in the first place. I didn't expect it to make me so aware that it came around full circle to not being able to comprehend English! I really wish I didn't drink the alcohol and just lied down for a while and learned from it.

This sounds like a very neat experience. I have wanted to acquaint piracetam with psychedelics for quite some time because of reports like this. Personally I have introduced it to MDMA and was treated with an intensely stimulating, loving euphoria not unlike my first date with Molly but much more energized. I have hopes for it in other experiments as well.

Also, I have heard of others getting very heavy potentiation from combining mushrooms with noopept as well. Aniracetam itself for me also provides a relatively psychedelic shift in perception without any friends required. I am most curious about how these compounds play with nitrous oxide. I know that they can decrease the effects of most dissociatives, but if you could still get decently projected into the ether from a nice balloon while on them then such would certainly make for an interesting cocktail with psychedelics.

I am planning on dosing MDMA with my lady in about a week and a half. I will most likely stop using the nootropics the week prior, I don't want to chance having a similar unexpectedly-intense experience with something like MDMA, especially if we're at a show. As for the inhalants, I stay far, far away from those after a bad experience I had.

Yeah I've had plenty of micro-dosing nootropic psychedelic use, or even moderate doses. I don't really recommend doing it regularly (as I did for quite a long time) but sometimes I still do it when the need arises.

Today at work I took a nice vitamin/supplement stack along with ~750mg aniracetam and 250mg CDP-Choline. I feel like I'm losing focus and motivation as it sets in. It's making me really, really not want to be here.

I am confused as to what Nootropics really are and what Aniracetam and Choline actually do in terms of their mental and physical effects.

Aren't they "smart drugs" kind of like Ginko Biloba or something?

Stuff used to increase memory and attention and help with test taking and all that kind of stuff?

If so, then why would there be any recreational value to them?

If I were to try taking Aniracetam or Choline WITHOUT combining them with any other kind of recreational substance would they give me any kind of a high?

Also, can Aniracetam and/or Choline be mixed with Klonopin and Prozac?

Thanks

There is no high associated with nootropics. They are supposed to have a cumulative effect that helps memory, cognition, focus, learning, etc.. There is zero recreational value. Perhaps if you took some and went to a party, you'd be able to focus on a conversation with your friend better...that's all.

I think it can be mixed with those drugs, I'm not sure. Prozac is poison anyway. :)

There is no high associated with nootropics. They are supposed to have a cumulative effect that helps memory, cognition, focus, learning, etc.. There is zero recreational value. Perhaps if you took some and went to a party, you'd be able to focus on a conversation with your friend better...that's all.

I think it can be mixed with those drugs, I'm not sure. Prozac is poison anyway. :)

Might be poison in your opinion, and yeah it's bad for you but so is alcohol, so are lots of drugs.

And it really pisses me off that people on here are so "anti SSRI" and "anti benzo" but pro all other drugs because "poison" or not that "poison" is the reason that I don't have horrible mental and emotional ticks anymore that were ruining my life many years ago.

I NEED that "poison" to straighten my brain out a lot more than a lot of people on this forum need a lot of the drugs they use and yet they aren't constantly criticized for using them and it pisses me off.

SSRIs and benzos have their proper usages and can be life savers for some people under the right circumstances.

I think this forum and people in general need to move away from constantly calling benzos and SSRIs "poisons" and criticizing people for using them and doctors for prescribing them all the while acting like every other recreational chemical under the sun is just fine and dandy to take.

Might be poison in your opinion, and yeah it's bad for you but so is alcohol, so are lots of drugs.

And it really pisses me off that people on here are so "anti SSRI" and "anti benzo" but pro all other drugs because "poison" or not that "poison" is the reason that I don't have horrible mental and emotional ticks anymore that were ruining my life many years ago.

I NEED that "poison" to straighten my brain out a lot more than a lot of people on this forum need a lot of the drugs they use and yet they aren't constantly criticized for using them and it pisses me off.

SSRIs and benzos have their proper usages and can be life savers for some people under the right circumstances.

I think this forum and people in general need to move away from constantly calling benzos and SSRIs "poisons" and criticizing people for using them and doctors for prescribing them all the while acting like every other recreational chemical under the sun is just fine and dandy to take.

This is the first time I've seen SSRIs referred to as poisons here on BL....and this post of yours tells me you should avoid anything but those which you've been prescribed. Way to blow up over nothing mate.

This is the first time I've seen SSRIs referred to as poisons here on BL....and this post of yours tells me you should avoid anything but those which you've been prescribed. Way to blow up over nothing mate.

Ok man, if you think you can judge me by that post alone be my guest.

I hope you don't mind if I ignore you and your insulting comment though.

It's not the first time I've heard it mentioned, it's been mentioned to me personally a few times on here, but to be honest it's not just this site it's a lot of people in general in life that tend to judge those substances and tell me and others who have been helped by them not to use them and I've been in some big arguments with some very annoying people, though they haven't actually been on this forum (not the worst ones at any rate).

There was someone on this board just the other day who told me that I should get off my Klonopin "ASAP" and that "doctors should never prescribe benzos" and really, that's an uncalled for statement from anyone other than a doctor.

Also, I think it sounded to you like I was "blowing up" a lot more than I was...I wasn't angry there, just a little bit annoyed, more than anything from a number of situations where people have told me that benzos and SSRIs are "evil pharamaceutical meds".

So really, what point where you trying to make?

Isn't this the kind of situation where not responding to me would have made more sense?

Last edited:
You should have seen the PM's (yes, multiple) he sent me. Equally as disturbing/entertaining. :)

Clearly...

Ok, there's no need to be a dick now.

I apologized and explained that I was experiencing hypertension from too much Kratom and Caffeine, which are well accepted on here.

And it's a good thing you aren't in the mental health profession, because your lack of acknowledgement of mental issues is certainly lacking...

Yes, I have OCD, GAD and a number of other issues, which you are lucky not to have been born with, but which criticizing my genetic predisposition for will get you nowhere.

I appologized for my part, but on the other hand, you clearly have very little understanding of, or sympathy for, anyone who has anxiety disorders or OCD.

I am planning on dosing MDMA with my lady in about a week and a half. I will most likely stop using the nootropics the week prior, I don't want to chance having a similar unexpectedly-intense experience with something like MDMA, especially if we're at a show. As for the inhalants, I stay far, far away from those after a bad experience I had.

I hope you enjoy it, I did. :) Do you mind me asking what your bad experience was? I've heard of bad inhalant things but not really nitrous oxide.