• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Need MDMA help/Advice

gypsyflip

Greenlighter
So a little over a month ago I rolled for the fourth time ever at a festival. When I've rolled before, my first three times were amazing. But this time, not so much. It was about 92 degrees out at 2pm in the afternoon. When I bought my MDMA, the dealer warned me that it was very pure and to only take at least a point 1 since I'm a smaller female. I took the MDMA, and as I was going into the roll I kept telling myself positive things so I wouldn't freak out. When it hit me, I about near died. I threw up everywhere, and had to go sit under a tree. When I sat down, my eyes were vibrating like crazy and my hands went completely numb and I could hardly even move or function, I thought I was about to have a seizure. All the people around me were making me more nervous and I just wanted to get away. I got someone to talk me out of it, and I slowly got out of the bad roll. I've been to other festivals before while rolling and wasn't nervous about all the people around me.
The people I was with took the same stuff, and felt fine and didn't have the same issue as me. But what I'm also keeping in mind is that I just started taking birth control that night before, which usually makes me sick. I got sick the other night from starting my birth control again, and it was almost the same exact feeling. Light headed, dizziness, numbness, and then puking. Could this affect my roll? I want to roll this coming weekend for another festival, but last times scary roll has me really second guessing. Also, after my bad experience I've been having some anxiety and keep thinking why it happened to me. Does anyone have some advice to avoid this bad roll happening again or reasoning as to how this happened?

Last edited:
Was your product tested with a testkit? You added the prefix (tested) to the title but didn't mention it in your post so before I answer I thought I'd ask that first

Also are you on any prescription medication or did you use other drugs/alcohol during your roll?

Last edited:
Was your product tested with a testkit? You added the prefix (tested) to the title but didn't mention it in your post so before I answer I thought I'd ask that first

Also are you on any prescription medication or did you use other drugs/alcohol during your roll?

Yes, sorry about that. The dealer tested it and told me it was pure. I know that sounds very naive, but my friend was there also and said it came out okay. The MDMA had a very light brownish hint to it also. Other than birth control, I'm not on any other medications. And before I rolled I smoked some weed, but I wasn't really that high as far as I can remember.

I see. First of all, apart from all this, get your own testkit, seriously. This way you will be sure of what you are getting. I know your friend was there when it was tested but still.

Also birth-control should not have any influence on a roll, we would know this by now if it caused problems. A quick search also didn't turn up anything. So that's not the cause. Being sick from birth control itself could be possible but this should still not make you anxious and nervous during a roll I think (it was during the roll this anxiety, not during the comeup alone?)

So no prescription medication or other drugs/alcohol then? Anti-depressants are of particular interest, this is actually pretty important. Also what was your roll like once you recovered a bit?

I can't say for sure but I think it was adulterated product. A normal dose of MDMA in a healthy person with no added drugs or prescription medication should not make you puke, it should not make you anxious, it should not make parts of your body numb. What's also possible is too high of a dose, but then you should not feel nervous or anxious, just a bit out of it but otherwise content, that is if you didn't ingest a way way too high dose

Also color means absolutely nothing, it doesn't tell you anything about what substance it is

Last edited:
I see. First of all, apart from all this, get your own testkit, seriously. This way you will be sure of what you are getting. I know your friend was there when it was tested but still.

Also birth-control should not have any influence on a roll, we would know this by now if it caused problems. A quick search also didn't turn up anything. So that's not the cause.

So no prescription medication or other drugs/alcohol then? Anti-depressants are of particular interest, this is actually pretty important. Also what was your roll like once you recovered a bit?

I can't say for sure but even knowing your friend was present with testing (he is a friend you can trust on this I hope) I would still say adulterated product. A normal dose of MDMA in a healthy person with no added drugs or prescription medication should not make you puke, it should not make you anxious, it should not make parts of your body numb. Only other thing I can think of is a too high of a dose, but then you should not feel nervous or anxious, just a bit out of it but otherwise content, that is if you didn't ingest a big OD. I've been rolling for close to 10 years and I've never experienced a bad roll or witnessed one on tested MDMA in a healthy person and with a normal dose, that's not to say it doesn't happen but it would surprise me greatly if it did

Also color means absolutely nothing, it doesn't tell you anything about what substance it is
Can you help me out with telling me where I can find a test kit? Can you find them at common stores like Walmart or CVS? Because I definitely will try it out. But all my other friends had a great time and didn't have any issues, it was just me. We measured it out with an electronic scale, and when I put it on it came out to point one. I don't want to sound like an idiot, but I'm not sure how much that is in milligrams. Should I maybe take a 5HTP before I roll next time to help out the serotonin levels? And if it comes out pure, just take a smaller amount? Your advice is really appreciated!

You don't sound like an idiot, an idiot would just brush it off laughing and not ask questions on Bluelight :) keep doing that should you be unsure of something
.1 is 100mg which is a good dose, not too high though plenty for a good roll, more so because you are female. I don't think 5HTP is necessary if you do not take huge doses or roll too frequently but it can't hurt so you could look into that yeah if you want. Also I will send you some links via PM to good vendors of testkits. I would order one online, it's the easiest way and the vendors I'll send you are very well known and widely used so they can be trusted

Sorry I can't tell you exactly what happened. This is not such a clear-cut case. Could have any number of causes. But until you have those drugs tested yourself I would not take more of them, just to be sure.

One more thing, unrelated but important: the reason I mentioned anti-depressants is because some types can cause very bad reactions when combined with MDMA. This type is called "MAOI". Keep this in mind, just in case

Last edited:
Can you help me out with telling me where I can find a test kit? Can you find them at common stores like Walmart or CVS? Because I definitely will try it out. But all my other friends had a great time and didn't have any issues, it was just me. We measured it out with an electronic scale, and when I put it on it came out to point one. I don't want to sound like an idiot, but I'm not sure how much that is in milligrams. Should I maybe take a 5HTP before I roll next time to help out the serotonin levels? And if it comes out pure, just take a smaller amount? Your advice is really appreciated!

I might have read somewhere around BL that taking 5HTP before rolling can either kill your roll or make enhance the chances of a serotonin syndrome (thats a bad thing).
Really, read a little about it before trying again. Use the GoogleBluelight search tool on the top left corner of this page.
And give at least one month until your next roll, that`s important.

Welcome to Bluelight.

I might have read somewhere around BL that taking 5HTP before rolling can either kill your roll or make enhance the chances of a serotonin syndrome (thats a bad thing).
Really, read a little about it before trying again. Use the GoogleBluelight search tool on the top left corner of this page.

BL doesn't know everything and still provides some shitty, poor advice. That quote is a prime example of that. 5-HTP is very, very unlikely to cause either of those things.

5-HTP is best taken after a roll for recovery, but is not dangerous nor going to kill a roll by taking it beforehand. It's just a dietary metabolite after all.

You can buy test kits at dancesafe.org or ebay. They are very cheap and an absolute must have if you want to take MDMA.

BL doesn't know everything and still provides some shitty, poor advice. That quote is a prime example of that. 5-HTP is very, very unlikely to cause either of those things.

5-HTP is best taken after a roll for recovery, but is not dangerous nor going to kill a roll by taking it beforehand. It's just a dietary metabolite after all.

Actually I took some beforehand and got quite ill. Plenty of people have had the same thing happen.. I agree though save it for after the roll. Personally I'd rather just drink a banana protein smoothie maybe with oatmeal in it. Little vitamin b6 & b12

I'd say for a small female, some 90+% MDMA that sounds spot on in 92 degree weather. Remember heat speeds up metabolism which causes the onset to be faster, harder

Last edited:
Actually I took some beforehand and got quite ill. Plenty of people have had the same thing happen.

Still not convinced. I'm sure loads of people have got ill from just taking MDMA, I mean nausea is common on the comeup. What's to say you didn't just experience typical MDMA illness while coincidentally taking 5-HTP beforehand?

^ I roll quite a bit .. that time was very different. Very intense on one pill I've taken many times, floory, very sick feeling. No way I'm going to do that again

Can you define 90+% for me? I appreciate all the answers. I tested it, and it came out positive and completely fine. I guess I'll just take a little less than a .1 to be safe.

^ basically stuff that hasn't been "cut" or "stepped on".. > 90% pure MDMA HCl.. stuff made by a half decent chemist.

Last edited:
Can you define 90+% for me? I appreciate all the answers. I tested it, and it came out positive and completely fine. I guess I'll just take a little less than a .1 to be safe.

That seems like a low dose to me. I have read that taking a low dose will leave you stuck in the come up feeling. Try a dose around 150mg-180mg, that's a good amount for a festival ;) and will bring on more of the euphoria for you.

That seems like a low dose to me. I have read that taking a low dose will leave you stuck in the come up feeling. Try a dose around 150mg-180mg, that's a good amount for a festival ;) and will bring on more of the euphoria for you.

She is still relatively new to this substance and she is female so more sensitive to MDMA than males are. That would probably be too high of a dose for her. I think it's better she first finds out what her ideal dose is before trying out heroic doses (180mg is a dose I would take, I'm a male and have been rolling for close to 10 years). Remember you can always take more if you didn't take enough, but you can never take less if you took too much. I will answer your PM a bit later in the day gypsyflip, gotta get ready for work

*edit* gypsyflip you will have to delete some messages. I can't send you a reply because your inbox is full :)

Last edited:
On a 4th time 100 mg of MDMA of high purity is like 300 mg to someone with a high tolerance..

OP was this point measured by a scale that only measures points or an actual mg scale? Because a point on a scale that weights .1g could be up to 150 mg.. which is an extremely high dose for a small female on her 4th time.. and like I said before the 92 degree heat will only make it hit even harder. Your experience sounds pretty normal given the circumstances

It was measured on a point scale... which also could've been part of my issue.

On a 4th time 100 mg of MDMA of high purity is like 300 mg to someone with a high tolerance..

OP was this point measured by a scale that only measures points or an actual mg scale? Because a point on a scale that weights .1g could be up to 150 mg.. which is an extremely high dose for a small female on her 4th time.. and like I said before the 92 degree heat will only make it hit even harder. Your experience sounds pretty normal given the circumstances

Not unusual from many of my earliest experiences. I would be so anxious/excited about going out and rolling, I would get worked up, take the MDxx (since back then I didn't test it, who knew what it was) and then in 20 minutes go sit in a bathroom stall and try not to throw up. Tried to focus on something (a spot on the floor or such) and stop the eye shakes. If I could do that, I probably wouldn't get sick. It is very common if it comes on fast/hard to have the sweats and be dizzy and get sick. Especially when you have so many emotions going on as well. It hits some of us REALLY HARD.