Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Low dose vs High dose

gregorthebig

Greenlighter
Heyhey,

I've acquired some MDMA which I've tested positive and plan on taking at some point during this week.
I have also gathered all the necessary supplementation that's gonna help me with the comedown, magnesium, alpha lipoic acid, vitamin c, b-vitamins, vitamin-e etc etc.
I'm a little bit uncertain regarding how big of a dose I should take, I understand that that is varying, but I'm very fond of subtle effects. With LSD I love the opening up feeling that LSD gives me on low doses, 50uq-80uq.

Since I've never had MDMA before, this will be my first time and I plan on taking 50mg, I understand that this is in the low range, but I don't want to deplete my serotonin levels so much that I have a comedown. I want to avoid the comedown as much as I can.

I suppose that since MDMA can only be used at most once time a month, taking so small doses is a waste.
How do low doses of MDMa compare with higher doses. Like 50-70mg and 100-120mg.

I think starting off low is best for you. You will feel it if it's your first time, and starting low also gives you a good place to work upward in your dosage the more times you take it (which is best to wait a month to roll again). And if you don't feel it, which is really unlikely, wait about 4-5 hours to take it again. Also for your first time, I can tell you that you probably have a blast. Just throughout your roll keep a positive mindset. Also maybe you should try the 5-htp, it enduces serotonin which is a neurotransmitter in your head for happiness as you probably know. It's great to take before you roll and after for a steady, good comedown.

ime there's a threshold to mdma you have to cross to really get to know the effects. below the threshold (which should be probably around 70-80mg for an average male mdma-naive person; somewhere between 1 and 1.5mg mdma per kg of body weight - probably closer to 1mg/kg.) it's more like a mild, more empathogenic amphetamine high (energy, a small mood lift, a bit talkativeness and touching things feels nicer). these effects can easily be overlooked by first-timers who don't know what to expect and consequently it can feel like you go from sober to the peak in the blink of an eye the first (few) time(s) you take a full dose.
underdosing ime also leaves you with some of the side effects (like racing heart, jaw clenching, etc..) which are infinitely less annoying when you're rolling properly.
a full dose typically hits you with extreme euphoria, a feeling like you're walking on clouds, love for everyone in your vicinity and a feeling that everything's just as it should be in the world. with this comes a completely new way to appreciate and connect with music.
the more experience you get with mdma, the more you will be able to appreciate lower doses, but chances are that you'll rather not want to waste your tolerance for a mild experience when you can have full one instead.

having a comedown varies from person to person, but for the great majority of people it won't be very unpleasant (and probably not unpleasant at all. there can be a great afterglow) for the first few times. personally, i've had "comedowns" that were just as bad as from a typical night on mdma when i was sober when i would stay up as long as with mdma and dance all night. but it's diffent for everyone; one of my friends will not to take mdma on saturday if he has to work on monday...

wait about 4-5 hours to take it again
what? why should you wait until the effects of a too low dose suside and then try again. if you don't feel it, there will still be some serotonin released thus emptying the stores a little. if you take a full dose and redose after 4-5h the redose will do nothing to get you rolling again. mdma luckily is a drug (unlike lsd) where redosing is possible when you already feel the full effects (after around 1h15min with normal pills. a bit longer for very hard ones and a bit shorter for mdma caps) why not redose at that timepoint and add to what you have already taken instead of "fighting the comedown" of the previous dose.

Last edited:
As someone who has consumed more MDMA than probably 80% of heavy users I would say that since your first time is always the best and you're positive you have MDMA that I would dose a proper 180mg and just enjoy it :)

Although I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to MDMA which is why I had to distance myself from it and only take it every few months now. When I do I usually consume about 1g over 48 hours. I know this is stupid and overkill and I'm just frying my receptors but old habits die hard.

However if I had a proper 180mg dose the first time I did it that would of been heaven. I'm fairly sure the first time I did it was probably 70-80mg and adulterated with m-amp. You could always do 90mg to start (parachute) and do a few lines to kick it in a bit faster.

You seem to have quite the comedown plan, so I just want to point out that you might want to watch how much water you drink. Overhydration is just as dangerous as dehydration and seeing such a thought out comedown plan makes me think you may or may not be the type to get a little nervous when high (which is why I mention the water consumption).

I'm sure others will think my thought of a proper 180 dose is overkill, but overkills my nickname and 180 wouldn't be lethal by any means.

It's good to be cautious but I think you're overdoing it. Firstly, comedowns are pretty unlikely from normal doses in MDMA-naiive people - you won't need all those supplements to avoid the comedown, simply not taking too much and being naiive to the drug does that. Secondly, your dose is far too low, even for someone new to the drug. The problem with MDMA is it is kind of an 'all-or-nothing' kind of thing. Dose too low and the effects are disappointing, dose right and it's magical, dose too high and it can be incredibly intense (but still enjoyable ofc). As a reasonably-sized male, the first time should really be 80-120mg. Go for 80mg if you want to be cautious. I'd recommend 100mg, it's a solid starting dose for men that should produce all the good effects and leave you with a smooth afterglow to enjoy. If you wanted to redose, go for 40mg anytime after it's all kicked in (at least 1.5 hours after the first drop).

Welcome to BL.

You can expect the effect of a 50-70 mg dose to be very subtle, which is fine if you don't have any expectations. On the other hand, a 100-120 mg dose will be less subtle and more of a full-blown experience. As mentioned above 100 mg is a very common starting dose and even 120 mg your first time shouldn't cause you any problems.

In my experience, the supplements aren't necessary if you're not pushing the boundaries of responsible use. If you're willing to keep your dose and frequency of use in check (and always test your product), you won't have to worry about comedowns.

MDMA is more forgiving than other drugs in the sense that generally if you take a little too much you are not going to be completely fucked.

As long as you keep your first dose under 130mg. You should be fine.

I've taken too much before (250mg) I was a mess but it wasn't a bad trip that you see if you over do it on shoots or acid.

Low or high? How about a medium, or 'standard' dose. Taking a bit too much doesn't ruin things, might hit you a bit heavier or mong you out a little, but taking a very small dose will feel pointless.

Lots of sound advice already given, take it and don't worry.

I'm 65kg so would 70mg be a nice starting dose, in the 60mg-80mg range. Would that also give me a normal experience? I don't need to get totally jacked off.

I saw shoot for 1.5 mg(kg oral or sublingual and follow up with a second dose around the two hour mark of 0.5 mg/kg sublingual or oral. 125 lb is 60 kilos is a 90 mg dose+30 mg booster. Moving up to 100 mg and 45 mg does not seem to cause side effects. First time I took my capsules to close together and it started leading to side effects and forcing up what I put down to stop certain negative side effects....

I've become pretty sensitive to the side effects after a stupid night eyeballing 25i the first time I tried it. I don't recommend this and am lucky to be alive now.

70-80mg is a good starting dose. MDMA is one of the drugs with the most pronounced threshold effects. If you take less than 60mg you might not feel the effects. Never go above 150mg as it will just fuck you up and diminish all the positive effects.

The come up time is for most people 1 hour, but can be between 30 min and 1 hour and 30 min. For a low dose below 60-70mg it can take as much as 2 hours. The effects usually last around 3-4 hours after the come up with a peak around 1 - 1,5 hours into the experience.

Redosing should be done 2-4 hours after the first drop. Don't redose earlier than 2 hours because there is no way to be sure of the real effects until then. When you redose there will be a similar 1 hour come up delay as with the first drop. I recommend no more than 2 redoses in one night.

MDMA should be dropped, not snorted. I've done both and the come up time for me was exactly 1 hour on both methods.

I would go for 120mg this is a perfect dose for most people and will not give you a comedown on your first roll.

Taking too little would be a waste and taking much more would also be a waste as you will probably be floored and not remember much (which can still be awesome though)

@120mg you will probably have the most fun and still remember why you had fun.

I'm 65kg so would 70mg be a nice starting dose, in the 60mg-80mg range. Would that also give me a normal experience? I don't need to get totally jacked off.

imho 80mg would be a nice cautious starting dose that should be just enough to give you the real effects. but by all means starting with 70mg is also fine. just be sure to have some more on hand just in case you won't have the best night of your life off the dose you'll take ;). also keep in mind that even though reagent tests can tell you if mdma is present, they don't tell you how pure it is. typically for good quality mdma purity is somewhere in between 60-95%. if i were you i'd start with 80mg (or 70, whatever), wait one hour and then snort a small line every 15-20mins until it goes boom and you cannot stop smiling from ear to ear while melting into the music.

I think you shooting too low as some have mentioned. 100-120mg would be my suggestion.

It's the difference between dipping your toe in to test the water, or diving in head first. Which one is more fun?

I agree with Ezeon in this. 80 mg is a good starting dose. It is enough to test the water but not so much as to make you feel completely wrecked.
If I were to be with you I would suggest doing 80 mg and seeing how you feel. You could always top up with 40 mg up to 90 minutes after the first dose, but don't leave it longer.
Many people find that "dropping" i.e. swallow mdma makes them feel nauseous.
Snorting is one way round this, although snorting is a fairly unpleasant business in itself and may give you the snuffles.
I prefer to plug and avoid all these drawbacks.

i seem to be a bit more on the extreme side, which i know about myself. i haven't been online for a long long time (this site rather) and use to go by another alias (trashed my account for personal reasons). Am I wrong in thinking Shulgin had once suggested 180mg as the ideal dose?

i haven't been that involved with MDMA the way I used to be, used to be a walking reference book but it appears my above post is way off others who venture on the diving deep in side.

Just dose a normal 100mg. That is pretty standard for first timers and bring a redose of 40 mg-50mg just in case your not all the way in the clouds yet.