• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants MIssed half a shot of meth, will it still get me high?

sturdychinfilms

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,

Recently, when shooting meth I have realized that even if I register into a vein, it burns like a mother fucker and also gets a bit puffy. Today I did my first shot and registered perfectly, then pulled back the plunger and saw plenty of blood shoot back into the syringe, so I started to push down. At first it was alright, but then I began to feel a burning, so I pulled back the plunger to check if I was still in the vein, and low and behold I was.

I continue on with the shot and experienced a decent rush, but was left by a bit of a red bump, which I ran under hot water and spread out.

Now, 15 minutes ago, I took my second shot of the day and the same exact thing happened. I shot half in one vein, and it burned so I wondered if it was the vein, and shot the other half in another one, still, I came up in the same predicament. \

Now i'm wondering two things. Why is it that if I register perfectly, I still get a burning sensation a little lump that looks like a missed shot? The next qurestion; I know with heroin I usualy just push and rub on the left over bump of a missed shot and it absorbs into the muscle, and I still get high.

Now, I did feel this second shot but not as much as I usually would feel a second shot of the day. So my second question is, with the Meth that didn't get in the vein absorb the same way dope does and have any effect at all?

Thanks for the help,

Sturdy

<snipped terrible advice>

Your topic title sounds odd though.... First thing I thought is you would know by the time you tried posting the topic.... If you can't tell if it has effect you should take a break. Just throwing it out there.

Last edited:
I'm honestly not to sure if it has taken an effect yet. I figure that it would take a longer time to hit if it just dissolved into the muscle but I"m not sure. And this is the first time I've done meth in about a month so the dopamine has fully replenished. Like I said, I did get a nice rush from the second shot i'm just wondering if the rest that leaked out was wasted or if it will eventually absorb into my muscles and take effect.

Have you remembered to apply pressure to allow the blood to clot as soon as possible. It could possibly be that it is bleeding and clotting under the skin...
LOL, what?
OP- Could be something your shards are cut with, you could be pushing the needle in as you plunge, yet when you pull back you get it perfectly lined up again.. Could be a number of things. Try hitting in a NEW spot, if you're getting the same results, your teq. could be wrong, or your tina is cut w/ something nsty. Remember, if you miss a shot, rub it in circles GENTLY, do not apply hard pressure on it whatsoever.

LOL, what?
OP- Could be something your shards are cut with, you could be pushing the needle in as you plunge, yet when you pull back you get it perfectly lined up again.. Could be a number of things. Try hitting in a NEW spot, if you're getting the same results, your teq. could be wrong, or your tina is cut w/ something nsty. Remember, if you miss a shot, rub it in circles GENTLY, do not apply hard pressure on it whatsoever.

Thanks man! Yea everything seems back to normal except for a few minor sore spots. I think it actually released into my bloodstream slowly. I'm still up and about. ALso, I doubt it's my tech. I IV'ed heroin for about 4 years. Next time i'm going to try a very fresh vein.

Last edited:
Told you I knew nothing..... Just the title to the thread had me roll my eyes a bit. Sorry if it is taken in offense as it's not meant to be.... You ask if it will still get you high yet obviously your asking more of a health concern issue about how to stop missing shots in the sake of reducing harm, which is what the sites for. You just sound like priorities are mixed up buddy : p Gotta take care of your health reducing harm in this world that has the power to do both before getting high.

Also thanks for pointing out my mistake about pressure..... I would imagine gentle pressure right after the door (5-10 sec at most) with a sterile cotton swab to prevent the bleeding from continuing by if I'm not mistaken helping a dense clot form faster as it seems a common basic practice in medicine.... I overthink things obviously and as I said know nothing really. This problem was obviously more complicated and I'm happy you found the above needed.

I'll snip out my earlier bad advice above

Told you I knew nothing..... Just the title to the thread had me roll my eyes a bit. Sorry if it is taken in offense as it's not meant to be.... You ask if it will still get you high yet obviously your asking more of a health concern issue about how to stop missing shots in the sake of reducing harm, which is what the sites for. You just sound like priorities are mixed up buddy : p Gotta take care of your health reducing harm in this world that has the power to do both before getting high.

Also thanks for pointing out my mistake about pressure..... I would imagine gentle pressure right after the door (5-10 sec at most) with a sterile cotton swab to prevent the bleeding from continuing by if I'm not mistaken helping a dense clot form faster as it seems a common basic practice in medicine.... I overthink things obviously and as I said know nothing really. This problem was obviously more complicated and I'm happy you found the above needed.

I'll snip out my earlier bad advice above
Hey, man.. Nothing wrong with trying to help. You did good young padawan! You don't want a missed shot to clot, or be stuck under your skin for a long time, majority of the time missed shots fade away, but if you missed a lot, and didn't filter well, boom abscess(sometimes)! I've missed tons (like every iv user) in my day, thankfully only got 1 abscess but still.. It sucked and now I have an almost inch scar from the er drainage.
4 years hareon IV, I'd say you got it, too. Never know, definitely mix up those sites.. Hands, ankle veins, ect.