• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Restricting carb hole of glass pipe for better hit??

Dezza

Greenlighter
Friend of mine sugested placing a cone piece or alfoil (with a small hole) in/over the carb hole of a glass meth pipe to get a better/denser hit. Has anyone tried this? If so what are your thoughts/findings?? Does the product last longer?

yeh man push the alfoil into the home and try to make it sit flush with the rim (airtight) a cone shape works the best. use the ink stick (for lack of a better word) out of a pen (use back end).. when you put heat to it you wont see a much or any smoke come off of the liquid so be careful not to cook it and inhale at the rate you would blow into a breathalyzer..
i guess you could say its more efficient because you dont lose anything you don't smoke

I found when using one of those 'Bubble' glass pipes with the small hole in the bowl made it so much harder to get a decent hit from it, Compared to a normal sweet puff pipe.

Do you really lose that much vapour when you're having a puff?
Or was this a bit of glass pipe inspiration?
Sounds like a good way to burn your fingers at 5am.

if you just breath it in slow and long enough " so that you are just breathing hard enough to keep the tiniest woft of smoke from floating out of the carb " and make sure you empty your lungs completely before you inhale i garranty you there is no possible way to get a bigger hit... also try getting the biggest toke you can then with out letting the pipe leave your mouth exhale and go again untill the puddle is gone.. try that with like 3p in the pipe and smoke it all with out the pipe leaving your lips

There are some sort of circular breathing techniques also.
Good technique should waste little to none.

The last pipe I bought actually came with a little metal piece with a hole in it that fits on top of the bowl and does exactly that. I tried it a few times when smoking etaqualone (which I don't recommend, as an aside) and in the end found that I could take hits better without it.

Did it have a "wick" on it to make it look like a "kerosene lamp?" (I've seen those around...)
Or just metal?

Yeah there was a wick sticking out of the hole in the piece of metal, not sure why they bother, seems a bit silly to think it will make a difference, but I guess it's the same as the whole absurd ''water pourer'' business.

I bought a sweet puff the other day and the whole was smaller than usual. They must either have 2 makes or they realized a smaller carb is better.

Yeah there was a wick sticking out of the hole in the piece of metal, not sure why they bother, seems a bit silly to think it will make a difference, but I guess it's the same as the whole absurd ''water pourer'' business.

I remember predicting that bongs would become vases or water pourers when they first announced the Victorian bans and someone here (or maybe it was another forum, dunno) was shouting me down telling me that I was wrong and that we were all doomed =D

Haha. Yeah there's no way a bong ban would ever work properly. Although funnily, the meth pipe ban seems to have worked in SA, to an extent. 5 years ago when I actually smoked the stuff, you didn't have to go far to find a sex shop or dodgy gas station that sold them, but when I tried a while back I couldn't find a single one - had to order it on the internet (which makes the ban pretty fucking pointless anyway when you can have it delivered to your door in a day or two - yay for the war on drugs!).

I bought the strangest little pipe today. Its like a real crack cocaine stem. I.e a thin glass stem with a thicker little oval part at the end of the stem before it tapers back to thin again. Not sure if its meant for crystal, crack or what but I smoke crystal out of it and its perfect. I'll post a pic tomorrow coz my bf is asleep where its hidden.

Oh and sweetpuffs are still available but they don't sell to suss looking people(I've never been refused) but price varies by 100% difference at each place. And one sells the large & small the other place only sells the long ones which I prefer anyway) This stem I got was 3/4 of the price of the cheap place :). My local bong shop doesn't do them coz its a $20 000 fine if they get caught selling them so he stopped but what he suggested to us is buy a glassbong stem and glass cone. AAnd put the product inside the hollow part of the conepiece. It works & when we broke the CP just the glass bong stem worked fine. Better than a lightbulb for sure.

Last edited:
Oh and sweetpuffs are still available but they don't sell to suss looking people(I've never been refused)

That's a rather counterproductive business practice isn't it?

Buy a 10ml volumetric flask. It's made of pyrex so it will take a blowtorch direct without shattering. Drop in your shard. Then insert a loose fitting piece of glass pipe down the neck (glass cig holder works well.. doesnt have to be special cos it won't have any direct heat). Heat the bottom, hold the glass pipe like a straw. Clean it by leaving it in the gas hotplate flame (lab grade pyrex so it won't shatter).

Works wonders + zero loss.

1128rdg.jpg

Buy a 10ml volumetric flask. It's made of pyrex so it will take a blowtorch direct without shattering. Drop in your shard. Then insert a loose fitting piece of glass pipe down the neck (glass cig holder works well.. doesnt have to be special cos it won't have any direct heat). Heat the bottom, hold the glass pipe like a straw. Clean it by leaving it in the gas hotplate flame (lab grade pyrex so it won't shatter).

Works wonders + zero loss.

1128rdg.jpg

Brilliant idea! That would/should work wonders :)

I have a decent pipe that I've only used once that has a drop in cone piece scenario type thing that fits in the center of the bowl, to be honest i haven't used it with the drop in piece before as i prefer my sweet puff however i could imagine the drop in piece restricting airflow and creating a large whirlwind in which when you pull the piece out of the bowl you then inhale similar to a shotty on a billy i guess.

The pipe has a really thin stem like component that sits inside the outer shell of the larger stem in which no smoke enters other then the small long thin inner stem itself. That's the only downside i can think about it however the fact that it's different glass composition to most of the other glass used in mainstream/different pipes it allows for long burns in which the glass saviour's the puddle far better than the glass allows you in a sweet puff for example.

You have probably seen these before or have one at the least i don't know, i thought they were pretty decent looking so i purchased one. Does anyone else have any pictures of interesting pipe design or any glass apparatus that is special to them?

Post away :)

2014_09_19_18_26_01.jpg

2014_09_19_18_26_01.jpg

I'd like to remind everyone that we unfortunately can't link to vendors here. You may repost that photo with the vendor watermark removed.

ebola