• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Peyote - How I destroyed my depression with peyote and becoming a Mexican.

alexvolume2

Bluelighter
I recently went on an expedition hitchhiking for peyote in Mexico where I live now but where half my family is from. So I a became a Mexican citizen, I live here now but will one day go back to TX to both help and join the Native American Church so I can propagate peyote and consume it legally.

I am of indigenous heritage from New Mexico to Texas To Michoacan Mexico. I waited 11 years for this experience. I finally had the chance to join my ancestors in the our ritual in the Sierrra Madre, my home turf.

I hiked for 15 hours in Chuck Taylors in the 100 degree Farenheit, looking like a hippie arabian Mexican, with the headcovering and all. In total I consumed 250 mg Tramadol, 6 mg clonazepam, coffee, cig, maybe hit of weed -n went looking for the sacred medicine, the flesh of the gods. We didnt find it night we arrived, impossible, and impossibly dangerous. I hitchhiked with my cousin |00 miiles each way. Danger all along the way.

When we found the Peyotes around 9 a.m. we were happy. I was in a state of ecstasy to see the real thing finally! It was not an image on Erowid, it was the REAL thing.

Fast forward. The trip was the most trancendental of my ilfe because I only personally ate aboute 6 buttons but there was tons of synergy and energies exchanged between the drugs. I took my fav psych, with my favorite cousin, in the place of my ancestors, and was reborn. My mind is still blown wide open. I am going to write a book, the title will be---excuse me Mexican keyboard- How I Destroyed my Depression by Becoming Mexicans. I would love to answer some questions°

I wish a beautiful life to you all. I can type more but i live in mexico so it costs me money to use the net I have a minute left at the ciber cafe I am at.

TATEWAARII PACHAMAMA LA ALMA

im curious how often you would consider it is correct to take a sacrament like peyote? in order to respect its spirit

also what do you expect to gain from peyote now that it has dispelled you illusion of depression?

and also you didnt actually write a trip report you just said you no longer are depressed after becoming mexican and taking peyote

are you no longer depressed due to peyote, or moving to mexico geographically/culturally?

and lastly, why is it you have moved to mexico? do you love the people? the nature? to be with your family? or just to do heaps of peyote? ;)

can you tell us about what your psyche was like before peyote when you were depressed? and the transition to a healthy mental status after the peyote. was it purely pharmacological or were there realizations you had whilst on it that helped? and lastly would you categorize your depression as sever ie did you have mild or severe symptoms...

Mysterie----Probably about every 4 months. My cousin who is a peyotero might have an answer, but it would probably be like, *quando quieres* the indigenous have sometimes regulated its use, the spanish destroyed it, but the indigenous used it frequently as food and medicine. To have more energy, be in tune, its basically psychedelic water buttons growing in the desert. It can destroy thirst, but you need water to drink it or make chocoyote{an Abuelita brand Mexican chocolate mix, mixed with the ground peyote. I hear it just tastes like chocolate that way.

I know, I would have written more but I have to pay for internet here and I am poor, but much improved in spirit. It was basically a a big ups to peyote that a lot of people will never experience and I think San Pedro is an equal but different spirit medicine. I am no longer depressed first bc I eat clonazepam and tramadol everyday and I am happy here with my family, even got laid last night!

Peyote hunting is a 3 day committment. Its no joke, you could die falling down one of these mountains with extremely sharp rocks and thorny plants and cactus everywhere....so its not to do heaps of peyote, its a sacrament to me, I took two with roots to plant and propagate seeds. I think it should be accessible to all. I love my family here, more than those in the US probably. I love the nature, but its a brutal desert and mountainous desert. I once got lost for 8 hours in the forest. But I respect nature a whole lot more now, that bitch will take you out quick. I was lost till 2 in the morning.

Its awesome here, free to cheap weed, I learned Spanish, I figure after a year I will have it down pretty well. Because I am a Mexican! I want to know my mothers homeland. Do you know what it is like to have half a family you love that you could not communicate with until you were almost 30 years old? I think it contributed to my depression,the cutting of my roots. Its the 21st most dangerous place in the world. But I love it here. The men and women are all beautiful!

ambiguus'''''''''''I have had severe clinical depression since I was 13. I am 29, thats a long time suffering, being suicidal, and a drug addict. Im still an addict, but a happy one. I can afford it here. I will type more when i have more time. It is physical and mental.

I had to walk off the depression last night, I think I am bipolar. I got fucking robbed. Knowing that Tatewarii is real helps though. I walk peacefully now. And again, only have 13 mins to type along w facebooking. It truly is my spiritual medicine. Even though bad things happen, death is real but we join our ancestors. I dont worry much anymore. I am type in a laconic manner, but I can talk my ass off about drugs. Try it if you havent, I am good now.

My peyote ceremony was my true*real baptism. Lol, I was baptised Baptist, Catholic, and by Tatewarii the original fire bringer in the Tarahumara and Huichol languages. I think I am cool with gods now.

I took mescaline about a month ago while camping, it was beautiful and wonderful. And I'll take it again, probably when camping again. :)

I only use it outdoors, I love being outside and running and walking on mescaline. It fills my spirit with so much energy, and as a natural bipolar crazy fuck, it fixes my brain.

I have access to a large amount of san pedro, the peyote is a truly hard plant to get. It involves a LOT of walking and trespassing these days.

Camping on mescaline is the only way to go, Xorkoth. Right on brother.

Last edited:
Ambiguus, I realized i didnt really answer your question. I had experienced San Pedro when I was 17 or 18, I am 29 now so I am not new to this.

I have used psychedelics since I was 17. Before this, I was extremely depressed, no energy, felt lost in the world, and then I tried sublingual Salivia tincture. This was my first psychedelic trip, first drug really. I put on Miles Davis and floated in the ether, pure synesthesia and so so smooth. I was amazed what my brain had in it! I had never gone THAT far into it.

I mean, I have always been an overthinker, I realized the amazing possibilities of drugs. First I just used psychedelics, but by 23 I was onto heroin and crack. I have left hard drugs behind mostly. I am a moth to the flame though.

I feel mescaline and all psychedelics keep me on my path. But I am still apprehensive to smoke salvia anymore, its like my whole being and the universe is unzipped and turned into Tetris and I become a cog in a great machine. She is a tricky one and it kinda disturbs me, I prefer the salvia tincture to smoked substance. I wanna try pure DMT and ayahuasca, thats next on the list.

Yeah salvia is on another level, smoked extracts especially. I'm scared to go too far in, I've never gotten past the first couple of "levels". One day probably, but I have no urge to go there right now.

Ohhhhh man........even listening to Bob Marley s */KAYA* I turned into what we are at present, cogs in a terrifying machine that is bleeding to death. Get the reference? GYBE
I dont want to go that deep right now, actually.....this might be a good time. >But y know what? Shit grows in Mexico, but only available in Oaxaca.

I bet more North Americans have smoked salvia than Mexicans.

Great story Alex, I enjoyed reading your experience. I visited the desert down there a long time ago and I found it a very special, almost religious experience too. There's just something about being alone in the desert with the big rock hills and cactus that just calls out to our own connection with nature that you never get to know living in a u.s city, so much is going on in nature and we pay it no mind and grind the days away in misery never knowing that connection we have with everything around us. Sucks to hear u got robbed dude, I hope u didn't have much to take. Life is cheap down there so be careful bro. The tough guys down there don't give a shit about nothing and they'll kill ya for the sport of it, much different than the u.s, another world almost. I never did peyote, mescaline was the greatest high I've ever had so if it's similiar or the same then u were definitely chillin lol . Take it easy Alex. Gods speed brother :)

If I get kidnapped, I am just gonna tell them to kill me and bury my in the desert. Those motherfuckers aint gettin shit!

We are poor, and I have something callleddddd......PRIDE

Pride ain't never bought me a sandwich bro, I understand what u mean though. Just be wise and stay alive, try to stay away from the hard drug scene down there, a lot of those dudes u don't wanna get to know or to even know u exist. If you put yourself in the shit it'll follow you, just like in the states but down there there's no consequences, police are paid off by dealers and all matter of crazy shit. Just a bit of advice brother that's all , just tryin to be helpful sharing acquired knowledge of Mexico...

Cliffy78, I dont do hard drugs here. Too dangerous, tried once and got almost got killed by a tranny and her friends. There are very very very good people here, and the worst of the worst.

The violence here, what a shame, it is everywhere.

I took mescaline about a month ago while camping, it was beautiful and wonderful. And I'll take it again, probably when camping again. :)

xorkoth, you are a legend my friend. I've read many of your TR's on erowid and posts here on bluelight. youre an inspiration to a young psychonaut like myself. I had a few questions I wanted to ask you. any chance you could PM me?

Back in the USA and the first day I get my favorite job baking with an amazing woman and I encountered 2 beautiful San Pedro cacti. Good things keep coming to me.

Beautiful experience I certainly have not crossed indigenous peyote on its natural habitat off my list