• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Pure MDMA powder

First up: please don't make any reference to how good your hookups are - police do watch this board. The risk is yours.
Second: I deleted the 'how to make E' posts - they're not relevant to the thread, and pointless anyway as anyone who could get the precursors would already know how to make the stuff - and do you really want to advertise this knowledge on a public board? Go talk to the Bees ;)
there are 2 isomeres the r-isomer and l-isomer which could explain the subtle differences as one should give a kickstart and the other a slower more flowing onset.
True, but I don't see why you would be more likely to encounter the better quality MDMA in powder form than in pill form?
Think about it: pills have logos, powder doesn't - so if you make kick-ass pills, everyone will know they are good, and you sell more. Make kick-ass powder, the same thing doesn't apply.
Syncrojet: is one isomer really cheaper than the other? That would explain it, I guess....
Plenty of pills are sold as pure MDMA (except for the binder, which shouldn't have an effect on the high). I've had pills labtested as pure, strong MDMA - this isn't uncommon (especially in the UK).
Someone mentioned that 100mg/powder would beat 100mg/pill because of the binders in the pill - but remember most pills weigh more like 200-300mg - the MDMA content will be about 100mg - the binder is additional to that, not included in it.
THE WOOD: you really found the powder to be so much better? Any thoughts on why?

Someone mentioned that 100mg/powder would beat 100mg/pill because of the binders in the pill - but remember most pills weigh more like 200-300mg - the MDMA content will be about 100mg - the binder is additional to that, not included in it.
I mentioned 100MG of MDMA powder would beat a pressed pill containing 100MG MDMA. I never said 100mg powder would beat 100mg pill. And it is true infact. If you ever find the pure stuff you will understand...

a very crumbly pill came across my path very recently. I paid my cash and took it home, figuring a crumbly, plain, white piece of shit was better than nothin for the night.
To my fucking suprise, this crumbly plain pill was probably the best friggin roll I've ever had.
I'm guessing it was rather pure, and the "crumbliness" of it was due to lack of binder material. Very smooth roll though....almost beautiful.

^^^^ ive usually found that "softer" pills are better for me....they almost break if you give them a funny look...if thatd be possible

Originally posted by frosted flakes:
If you ever find the pure stuff you will understand...
I agree, ive had over 300 pills in my time, but nothing has even come close to or been anything like the two times I have encountered what was sold as mdma powder.
From speaking to other people who also have similar experiences they agree 100%.
As far as im concerned its not a question we can answer as to why because ive seen this thread a couple of times in a few places and no one has been able to answer it.
If you've had mdma powder and taken lots of pressed pills I think you will agree, its very different.

simon you could've edited the post rather than delete the whole damn thing.
why are they called Mollies?

As far as I know mollies comes from mdma molecule, dont ask me why im English most of the American terms mean nothing to me.

what color was the powder everyone got when it was sold as mollies?....mine was always tan/light brown color with a some very distinctive white heavy crystals

What about the issue that MDMA isn't a powder? It is a clear crystal. Usually if you are getting something that actually looks really powdery, it isn't pure MDMA. Pure MDMA would look more like teeny tiny glassy shards. That is why some pills have big shiny flecks in them. The crystal isn't broken up as well as in others.

It is also odorless and clear in color. The tan or brown is from other chemicals. This would mean the MDMA isn't 100% pure chemically (but probably darn close enough for any of us!)

Simon--
It is my understanding that it is cheaper to scale up, yes.
Of course, as I am not a chemist, I wouldn't know first hand.
Just something I have picked up along the way, you understand. Could be pure myth. But it makes sense. Maybe check out the two most commonly sited syntheses (and I do not mean Bright Star here) and see what gives.
Couple of chemists here, if I am not mistaken. Maybe they will be kind enough to contribute.
True enough that perfect conversion is clear, or white (actually the same thing, yes?) shard like slivers. But remember that one pathway is brown the whole way. A perfect wash is not always practical, and depending on the adulterating agent, not even always necessary.
Binders should not in any way impede the impact of MDMA. Bioavailability can be enhanced simply by taking the pills crushed with white grapefruit juice.
Powder might more commonly be the desirable isomer, because the syntheses, on a small scale, would not present a cost barrier, and small scale operations are not likely to have a pill press.
Strike just did powder in tiny tiny batches, yes?
Anyway, like I said, I just look at this theoretically, and my suggestions are by no means gospel.
A fact which has been pointed out to me a couple of times around here.

The only adulterant that I have ever encountered in pressed pills is caffeine in small amounts (Red VL). Nonetheless, most of the pressies I have taken probably contained dirty MDMA because the manufacturer was too lazy to purify out the byproducts of the synthesis. Dirty MDMA makes me a LOT more e-tarded than clean MDMA, and the roll is less smooth and less euphoric. Also, If you don't crush up your pressies, you are setting yourself up for reduced bioavailability as your body digests the pill by fits and starts and therefore a less smooth, less intense roll. My first MDMA experience, however, was on a pill that contained only extremely pure MDMA and inert binders, and the quality was definitely the same as pure MDMA powder. At a rave I went to in France, I was lucky enough to score a red diamond shaped pill (I am assuming it was a mistubishi), which contained something like 150 mg very pure MDMA. Over half of my ~20 MDMA experiences have been with pure MDMA powder or shards, and I must say I prefer it greatly, though I will take pressed pills from a source that can reliably ensure that the MDMA is clean and pure. In conclusion, I would say that the main thing that differentiates pure from impure MDMA is the CLARITY and smoothness of the experience.

OK let me clarify a few things for ya!
MDMA powder DOES exist. Its called a mortar and pestle. You place the crude MDMA crystals in the mortar and pestle and grind to make powder so it dissolves quicker and hits ya faster!
PURE MDMA crystals are clear-white. Tan/Brown colors indicate impurities or crystallized from HBr instead of HCl.
And again. Pure mdma will always bee a smoother and cleaner roll, you just need to try it to believe it so dont say anything else that a pressed pill could compare to pure mdma.

Shit if SWIM was sold the Hbr he would be mightly fucked off... the HBR is far heavier(appr 2.25 Times) than the HCL thus less mdma per 1g of powder.
[ 24 July 2002: Message edited by: deko ]

Ummm no.. MDMA.HCl weighs about~229.5g/mole and MDMA.HBr weighs ~274.5g/mole thats only about 1.2times heavier which means 1.2 less potent, not 2.5 times less potent. Next time dont tell shit. Learn CHEMISTRY!

Um Frosted i was only making the comparison of the moleclar weights of the salts (hcl/hbr) not including the mdma. bit...

mash, frosted flakes, emkee,
I've had both on many occasions. I've had powder in caps and just as powder, I've had more pressed pills than I care to mention. I've swallowed 'em, plugged 'em, snorted'em and smoked 'em and the only difference between pills and powder that I've noticed is mostly when I get powder, I get a gram or so in a wrap, just like whizz, and when I take it, I just grab a pinch and wash it down with some water. I certainly don't measure it, and I'm damn sure it's more than 100-120mg or so. so that's it, really.. higher quantity of mdma.
as to the difference between the r and d (is it d or l?) isomers, this is down to production methods. every pill, cap or powder will have a certain percentage of each, and statistically, over a reasonable sample this percentage will be the same. i would assume that no clandestine chemist would have the desire or the resources to produce only one isomer.
if anyone has a solid, scientific reason why pressed pills are inferior to powder, I'd like to hear it. no speculation or hearsay though

posted by deko
Shit if SWIM.....

SWIM hmm...i see that your a bee! ;) How many bluelighters here are bees? LMAO

Originally posted by nowonmai:
I certainly don't measure it, and I'm damn sure it's more than 100-120mg or so. so that's it, really.. higher quantity of mdma.

I do measure it well approximately, on two occasions I have taken 75mg of MDMA and this has been much nicer than taking pills which I would say are around a similar value and taking pills of a higher value and taking multiple pills of a higher value and taking multiple pills which have added to up to more.
I find MDMA to be much nicer and cleaner than nearly every pressed pill that has entered my body through various orifaces, yes all 330 of them.

Well IMO the thing with powder is that you can put it up your nose without getting all the other crap binders and stuff that goes into a pill. Then again in some circumstances (e.g. in a club) I'd rather have some excellent pills than some powder (don't have to wait in the toilet to take them LOL).