• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Good or bad idea: First time on music festival?

chilldooog

Ex-Bluelighter
In the upcoming days there will be a local music festival where some averagely popular house artists are playing and I was planning on going. I've acquired some untested dust crushed MDMA and have been considering bringing it along. However I've never rolled before and I've heard that rolling for the first time should be in a controlled fashion with some close buddies.

I'll probably go with a not so close friend, and basically I'm wondering if it'll be a bad idea to do this? Considering that I'm totally noob and I wont be having any close friends around me.

First of all - test your stuff ! First time is always magical so be well prepared. You don't want to get a bad experience from "dust crushed ?mdma?".
Also read about "basic thing you should know about taking mdma ... bla bla". You can find a lot of stuff to read about it here.
Personally my first time was with my good friend who had already tried pills for 2-3 times. I find that it was a good thing for us both.

Test your stuff!

Prepare yourself, read about what to expect, especially during the come-up where some people tend to get anxiety. If you are prepared, and your friends also are going to be on MDMA, then go for it! But if you are the only person that's going to be on MDMA, I would wait.

I have a lot of experience with LSD so I'm not a total noob in that aspect. Have done my fair share of acid, and hard come ups are not unheard of to me.
I've read quite a bit, but this scenario was just something I was curious of. Since MDMA makes anxiety non existent, I suppose doing it with non close friends is not a problem.

I have a lot of experience with LSD so I'm not a total noob in that aspect. Have done my fair share of acid, and hard come ups are not unheard of to me.
I've read quite a bit, but this scenario was just something I was curious of. Since MDMA makes anxiety non existent, I suppose doing it with non close friends is not a problem.

No it won't cause problems. But for your first time I would roll with a very good mate :) the first time is usually the best, so if I were you I would share it with one of your closest mates. The empathogenic properties get more defined the better you know the people around you in my opinion. There is no anxiety no, only on the come-up, but you are completely in control of what you are doing and saying so if you have a not-so-good mate with you, it could be that you will be a bit restrained, that you will be more careful about what you say and what you do. A big part of the MDMA experience is letting go, so this could have a small influence

If you have experience with LSD, MDMA will be piece of cake :)

I love hanging out with all sorts of people on MDMA. Strangers, close friends, friends, ect.

If it's a large House music event then you'll have no problems making new friends. I'd be a little concerned that you don't know exactly what you are taking, but let's assume that it is MDMA then for a first experience you couldn't want for a better location. I'd only suggest a couple of rules to follow…

-Keep your dose manageable. 100mg of MDMA is sufficient for most noobs, with perhaps a redose of no more than 50mg-80mg after your initial peak. This will ensure you are not too overwhelmed in a public space and will limit your comedown.

-Don't keep chasing the high. Accept that the peak is going to last only 4-5 hours. After that redo sing becomes more a sketchy high and greatly increases your risk of either a horrible comedown or more serious long term effects. This means in a day long festival you need to time your dose. Personally I'd enjoy the day sober then drop later in the night, so as to time it for the better acts. Don't get sucked into dipping all day and taking stupid doses above 300mg your first time (or in the future). This isn't lsd or even speed so there are time limits to its effectiveness and safety

-Pace yourself. It can be easy to hit the dance floor for hours at a time and forget to rest. Be mindful of keeping your fluids up and give your legs a break from time to time. If it's a well organise festival there should be plenty of drug friendly installations to enjoy. It will also give you a chance to met and chew the ear off complete strangers. If they are in the same head space they will be more than friendly. There is a reason I have no concerns heading to a party by myself on MDMA, you should have no problems making friends for life from complete strangers.

-Don't ignore the chill out room. It can be tempting to hit the high intensity dance rooms and stomp all night but MDMA is like rolling on an ocean, sometimes the quiet chilled out spaces are just as enjoyable as the high energy ones. A comfy couch with a cold drink as you swim in the tepid surrounds can be some of the best parts of any night out.

-Try and go home a little early and enjoy the afterglow while you are still a little high. This can be the hardest thing to do, particularly if you have spent hard earned dollars on your ticket, but I find nothing good comes from coming down in a cab line. It is one of the reasons I would delay my dose until later in the evening. The more gentle the comedown the easier the crash. * I'm going to assume you and your friends will ignore this the first time but in future when you follow this advice you will no doubt say to yourself, "Shit, that guy was right about getting home a little early and avoiding the sketchy time when the Sun comes up and you are suddenly sobering up surrounded by some seriously ugly people" ;)

Festivals are some of the must fun places to take it. If you have done acid you will be fine. Just plan ahead, sometimes it's hard to navigate around a festival with a group when everyone is sloppy.

Invest in a test kit, know where the water stations and don't go wild redosing no matter how bad you want to roll longer. It just makes you feel wonky the next day.

My first time was with one other buddy at an EDM music festival (first ever rave too) and it was the most eye opening amazing experience ever. Neither me or my buddy encountered any bit of negativeness, anxiety, etc...wouldn't have done it any other way, That night forever change my life :)

The fact that this buddy and I are not so close how big of a problem is that really? Sure we will be preoccupied with getting to know other people, but anyway.