• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants SUDDEN headache on amphetmines?

Firth

Bluelighter
I used amphetamines (insufflated speed) an hour ago, I come up, all is good, then all of a sudden I get this downright horrible painful pulsating/throbbing pain where the back of my skull meets my neck, what is this? It's agonizing, I can't stand it. Smoked weed earlier. Just taken 1000mg paracetamol.

Edit: 1 and a half hours on and I've taken 1000mg paracetamol, 400mg ibuprofen and 35mg (thereabout) of codeine. Feeling a little better, but I'd rather be asleep or dead... It would seem this is more a migraine.

Last edited:
I get them all the time. Has something to do with the effect of the comedown. Some get it more than others. You have to stay hydrated on this drug and eat before. I need it for ADD and the doc actually has me on Topomax, but since it makes me stupid I am going off it. I have to make sure I get plenty of sleep and drink a ton. Still I get them.

No where near coming down though... 1 hour after administration, no binge (last used 1 week ago) and I only use like one would use MDMA... high for a few (5-8 hours) then crash & recover... I'd eaten before and I'm well hydrated and everything.

The throbbing edge is gone, feel 100 times better after that but still not great, at least I can mostly concentrate on my high now. Waste of what was a good high up until the point of getting a nasty headache.

I know exactly what your talkin about happen s to me sometimes too but I find a couple Tylenol and 2-3 big glasses of ice water clears it up with in 20 min btw I think te water helps more than the Tylenol but I jus take that to for good measure

Well around 5 hours after dosing my head still hurts a little, much better than it was, thank god. Hopefully that doesn't happen again. What exactly could have caused it? Just my body/brain being so wired?

Man I just gave you the cure and 95% of headaches are caused by dehydration so like I said CHUG like 3 big glasses of some nice cold water throw a Tylenol in there for good measure and I promise ull be good

Man I just gave you the cure and 95% of headaches are caused by dehydration so like I said CHUG like 3 big glasses of some nice cold water throw a Tylenol in there for good measure and I promise ull be good

By the time you posted I was feeling much better after a couple of pints of water and some painkillers. Just had a few more painkillers and a joint which has made the comedown nice and smooth in a way.

I don't want to alarm, but it sounds kind of like a hypertensive crisis. Do you take any other meds? I'd strongly suggest avoiding that drug until you figure out what's wrong.

I just took 8 dexedrine spansuals and got the worst headache from them. I drank a glass of cold water and took two advil and two tylonol and it's gone now. So take something like what I did and you should be fine.

It can also be a cut that gives a headache, normally this would occur earlier so dehydration is the more likely cause