• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc GHB and GERD?

TheAppleCore

Bluelighter
Alcohol exacerbates my GERD to the point where it's just unreasonable for me to drink at all. I'm wondering about the possibility of using GHB as a more G.I.-safe alcohol-esque social lubricant type drug. Is there any reason to believe that GHB might have the same risk of causing heartburn?

Baclofen (GABAb agonist) can be used to treat acid reflux... Since GHB is a weak GABAb agonist, it could actually treat heartburn in theory.

I could see it, but if you're taking GHB that isn't pharmaceutical grade you could be taking a large dose of sodium with your GHB dose, depending on how efficiently it was made.

Baclofen (GABAb agonist) can be used to treat acid reflux... Since GHB is a weak GABAb agonist, it could actually treat heartburn in theory.

Interesting... well, I think it's worth experimenting anyway. I don't know for certain, but I think that alcohol causes heartburn because it chemically irritates the lining of your esophagus as it goes down your throat. If you put powdered GHB in a capsule, that certainly wouldn't be an issue.

This is just a guess so....

Well made GHB shouldn't cause you problems, imo. It's neither irritating nor do you need to drink a lot to get the desired effects so your stomach contents shouldn't be pushing on the sphincters separating the stomach and esophagus. I've also never heard of it having any direct action that would cause GERD.

Badly made GHB with either traces of NaOH or GBL in it (most street GHB is NaGHB and that's made from GBL and NaOH)... well either could irritate your stomach and or esophagus directly, make you want to throw up and so cause some stomach acid to spill to the esophagus, ... so that might be more problematic. (of course leftover NaOH could increase stomach pH and make it less irritating to the esophagus, lol)

How to tell good from bad? Good NaGHB should have a slightly salty taste in water or be basically undetectable in drinks with flavors of their own (idk, juice). Bad GHB tastes disgusting.. either GBL disgusting or NaOH disgusting, depending on how the chemist fucked up (and if you fuck up this synth, you are far from a chemist, lol).

Oh yes, powdered GHB.... that's quite rare, since most people don't bother going that far (because the synth gets harder... and why make a powder if you're gonna drink it anyway?), but if you have it and put it in caps it should eliminate the possibility of irritation being caused directly by GHB coming in contact with the esophagus (I think it doesn't but still).

Phenibut used often = addiction with a really bad WD, just in case anyone wants to try it.

And phenibut doesn't replicate the effects of GHB enough to give op what he wants.... GHB has a unique mix of GABAb and GHB receptor activity + fast rise in brain concentration (something most good drugs have) which combined result in it's very pleasant effects (phenibut = GABAb only + slow rise).

Well, this sucks.

The GHB seems pretty high quality, it's a snow white powder with a mild, salty taste. I had a little less than 2 grams, and the high was lovely, but I had heartburn from hell. Possible coincidence, I guess, but I never get heartburn that bad when I'm sober.

I feel like it shouldn't be so hard to catch a buzz without resorting to something crazy like heroin, but I guess that's what happens when you can't take alcohol or pot. Too bad I can't be happy with sobriety like a normal person.

Why on earth do you keep the Same screenname you use for other forums in past Apple Core? I'm curious as it just kinda shows how you got said Rare powder. Kinda wack. I'll contribute. Been a minute since I have been on here. From My experience GHB totally gave me heartburn and others I knew using it at the time. No it was not Dirty. Honestly The Only thing I can think of for relaxing with gerd in terns of alcohol substitute is nothing haha. Sorry. Don't do anymore Ghb it makes the GERD worse later trust me

Besides that GHB Is a hell of a Kick. Not easy.

^ Interesting... thanks for contributing. I don't ever associate this screenname directly with any illegal activity, so I'm fine.

Id like to bump this thread and get some more information.

I took my first dose of ghb last week and well it turned out to be a knock out dose. Lesson learned and that's why I took it while I wad in my room laying around on my bed.

Anyways this whole week I have been having stomach discomforts pretty bad. Is it caustic? I had sodium ghb. I took it on an empty stomach but I'm wondering if taking it with a small meal will lessen the discomfort. Thoughts please?

Also I am 180lb male and id like to hear from other people that size who have found the right dose.

Thanks

I?ll add an extra warning about the addictive qualities of the stuff.

I?ve been where you are now. You?ll find a dose which suits you. You?ll like it more than alcohol.

And if you?re like me, you use it more often than you intented.

And if you?re like me, you?ll think ?maybe I just shouldn?t order another half a liter?, after your fifth withdrawal.

And then the only thing you have to do is not to think about all the stupid things you did while using ghb...

And yes, ghb caused me all kinds of nasty stomach/bowel problems.

Also, mixing alcohol and ghb might kill you. Your body get too sleepy to breath.

Please, be carefull.

Vazkor

That is the general way of things. Then again, it's stomach issues and GHB (and some cautionary words from a GHB old-timer, free with every bump). I shall allow it until my colleagues overrule me.

So, Mr. Hojo82. Never got a chance to try GHB, I was always too drunk to find any. Booze most definitely causes "GERD" which might really be something much worse in serious drinkers. Not your question though.

I can tell you that sodium oxybate, the medicinal, good-for-you pharmaceutical identical in every way but your prison term to sodium GHB, does not list stomach complaints as a major side effect, and that stuff is meant to be taken two hours after eating--you can be sure food affects absorption rate. Then again, people with daytime cataplexy issues who are NOT drunk, might use a much smaller dose than the typical Bluelighter.

Far as I know most homebrew GHB is the sodium salt, possibly made from treating GBL with NaOH. But there's no way there'd be enough lye in there to Drano your insides without you noticing right away. And if it was pure acid-form GHB, it's still weaker than aspirin.

But then there's GBL, which might be rough on your stomach, or whatever a synth from 1,4-butanediol left over.

And suddenly with horror I realize Scootin, as always except that one time, was right and this turned into a "what was in my mystery drug cocktail that made me sick" question. Ie., answers not even your dealer probably knows.

And since when does powdering GHB make for a harder synthesis? its just heating two ingredients together in aqueous solution, GBL, and aq. NaOH, then after the saponification is done, and the lactone ring-opened, pouring it out to dry, if no PH adjustments or extractions are needed for workup, and the stoichiometry was dead on, as it should be for something that simplistic, in baking trays etc. and evaporating it down slowly, or vacuum-stripping off the water and any remaining GBL or 1,4-BDO, THF or whatever was used to make it. It doesn't take a chemist to make GHB, I could do that in my sleep, as a kid. Granted I was a chemist when I was a kid too, but I could have done it just the same if I hadn't so much as a pair of flasks, a condenser and a couple of still-heads and a thermometer to my name, whilst asleep, with one hand tied behind my back save for the part where one needs two hands to open the child-safe tops of cans of NaOH. The rest of it would have been something I could have done as a non-chemist with one hand at about 9yo. Its easier than baking fucking cookies for christsakes=D

Continuing along the speculation facet of this thread, If everyone had your scruples about proper chemistry LC it's possible that less tummy issues would persist but it's a cruel world out there.

-> Archive

Modedit: Mr. Chicken should have a gander at some of our GHB threads. Shit might as well be unobtanium nano-tubes for some bluelighters.

Last edited by a moderator: