• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc kratom withdrawal.

anyone2014

Greenlighter
I'm kinda getting sick of the nighttime insomnia w/d 's.

Normally it's not a problem. Oddly enough I switched from green
Vein to white vein. And found myself withdrawalling.
I tried half and half and still was. Went back to only green and none.
I never thought addiction would be tied to one strain only.
I'm just looking to be able to stop taking it for long enough to get rid
Of the withdrawals. I don't necessarily want to stop just to use enough
Where I can go a few days and not feel anything.
The main thing is trying to sleep at night. Nothing helps sleep come
Sleeping pills. Alcohol. Do not help me sleep.
I've heard dxm can help. That and loperamide (not sure why).
I've lowered the dose some. Just looking for the next step.
I had to take some last night just to get some sleep. Any ideas?

What are you trying to do exactly? You can't have withdrawal from switching from one strain to another, let alone white or green vein. In fact, going from Maeng Da to Bali wouldn't cause withdrawal although it's possible you wouldn't feel as much from the Bali due to tolerance. I'm using this as an example.

So are you trying to quit altogether? Your post doesn't make a lot of sense.

No I'm just trying to cut back to the point I do not have withdrawals.
I'd like to stop for a week or so. And hopefully go back to using it only a couple times a week.
Maybe the green vein is just a lot stronger than the white vein.
All I know is I get withdrawals from just taking the same amount or a little more of white vein.
Really green vein has always been the strongest for me. Bali. Maeng. White vein have always been weaker for me.

Was I supposed to read that as a poem?

Also I went from using a green Bali strain to a white maeng da strain and found that it didn't hold back symptoms of withdrawal. I'm sure there are some alkaloids present in the green strains that are not present in white strains thus resulting in a muted withdrawal.

Then just stop for a week. Kratom withdrawals are nothing compared to real opiates, or benzo's.

Not trying to be a dick, but it's really not that hard to jump off. I'm on a 30-40 gram a day habit, and sometimes I unexpectedly run out, and have to deal with it.

Drink a lot of coffee, or find some amphetamine if you're lucky, to deal with the lethargy.

Kratom is notorious for NOT causing GI discomfort and diarreah, so lope isn't even something you need.

If you feel anxious, and have insomnia order some etizolam online, and jump off the minute you get it in the mail.

I've found the full "withdrawals" don't kick in until the second or third day of not having, and they're completely done by day 4. Good luck.

Then just stop for a week. Kratom withdrawals are nothing compared to real opiates, or benzo's.

Not trying to be a dick, but it's really not that hard to jump off. I'm on a 30-40 gram a day habit, and sometimes I unexpectedly run out, and have to deal with it.

Drink a lot of coffee, or find some amphetamine if you're lucky, to deal with the lethargy.

Kratom is notorious for NOT causing GI discomfort and diarreah, so lope isn't even something you need.

If you feel anxious, and have insomnia order some etizolam online, and jump off the minute you get it in the mail.

I've found the full "withdrawals" don't kick in until the second or third day of not having, and they're completely done by day 4. Good luck.

I'll second the etizolam but the rest of your post is bull shit. Frankly, I don't know what the hell this poster is trying to ask but I went through withdrawal from oxy's and subs many times before I found kratom. Kratom withdrawal is less but not so much that it just doesn't compare at all with opioid withdrawal.

Also, you seem to be unaware that lope can be used to stop w/d for those 4-5 days and then stopping the lope with no problem. There are entire threads devoted to utilizing lope for all sorts of opioid withdrawal.

I highly, highly doubt that you are taking 30-40g of kratom and coming off for more than a day or two with just the sniffles and some light insomnia. If that's true you are certainly a rarity. Those of us who have had a past with actual opiates know what those withdrawals feels like and while I would never ever say they rank up there with H or even oxy, they're not as 'light' as you're making it out to be. Your post just irritated me because you're one of these "Oh man, suck it up those withdrawals aren't bad" tough guys. Well, to the OP apparently they are.

Back to the OP. If you're looking to take a break either taper down or just jump and either treat each w/d symptom as it comes a la Thomas recipe or research loperamide to see how using that and a PPI can successfully stave off withdrawal.

It may very well be full blown wd for some people coming off kratom. Their is no physical harm going cold turkey though so if you want to stop.........well just stop. Kyle got it right. The lethargy is the worst part. something for energy and that's it. Dont complicate something this easy. Stay busy and don't think about drugs all day............done.

It may very well be full blown wd for some people coming off kratom. Their is no physical harm going cold turkey though so if you want to stop.........well just stop. Kyle got it right. The lethargy is the worst part. something for energy and that's it. Dont complicate something this easy. Stay busy and don't think about drugs all day............done.

Who said anything about it being physically harmful? "Just quit". Yeah, grand advice. If the OP is having more difficult problems coming off kratom than the best advice is not "just quit, you'll just be tired".

So OP, ignore me and just quit. If you appear to be having other symptoms there's plenty of resources out there. As long as your daily dose is below 5g, lethargy will be the only symptom most likely. If it is higher, unless you are a relative of God such as Kyle, you will have more problems.

Oh yes and to Beaves point...just don't think about it. I mean, whoever heard of having cravings for something that made you feel good? Let alone a substance that affects your opioid receptors. Naa, easy as cake.

Who said anything about it being physically harmful? "Just quit". Yeah, grand advice. If the OP is having more difficult problems coming off kratom than the best advice is not "just quit, you'll just be tired".

So OP, ignore me and just quit. If you appear to be having other symptoms there's plenty of resources out there. As long as your daily dose is below 5g, lethargy will be the only symptom most likely. If it is higher, unless you are a relative of God such as Kyle, you will have more problems.

Oh yes and to Beaves point...just don't think about it. I mean, whoever heard of having cravings for something that made you feel good? Let alone a substance that affects your opioid receptors. Naa, easy as cake.
Speaking to an addict the best harm reduction advice is not to string them along but too make a plan and stick to it no matter what cravings occur. Just quit(once again way easier said than done). I have plenty of empathy as I am a former heroin/percocet addict and at the time didn't have anyone around to tell me no. I get it......... speak to any opiate addict who is no longer in addiction/drug seeking behavior and they will be extra critical with no beating around the bush. It's because they know........and they care;) Best of luck OP. Take a break and return when ready. Kratom will still be here for you.

Kratom withdrawal is nothing! I've been using it daily for years and I can stop cold turkey with minimal "withdrawal". Yes, the insomnia and lethargy you describe are definitely present, but easily overcome and not debilitating at all. It feels 90% psychological with minimal physical discomfort.

Coffee and weed. Benedryl if you can't sleep. 2 days later and you're baseline. Alcohol will make everything worse, steer clear, I've made that mistake.

As for the question as to why one strain makes you withdraw, there are a ton of possibilities. I remember when I was getting TRUE white vein maeng da (I don't think the real is around anymore) it was reliably 2x more potent than my usual strains, and had an extremely unique effect that more closely resembled traditional opiates than any other strain I've had before or after that. So much to the point where I was tempted to have it tested to see if there were actual opiates added to the kratom to get people addicted and buying more, it was just that good. This is the strain that made me go from one dose every 2-3 days up to 2x daily and I've been there since. Having said that, during this WVMD binge, I stopped cold turkey and went for a week long trip to NY where I couldn't get any kratom or drugs at all, including weed. I had trouble sleeping the first night and remedied it with Benedryl, within 3 days I forgot what kratom was.

Seems like you're the only one in this thread, or any kratom withdrawal thread that seems to think it's a big deal to quit kratom.

No GI discomfort, no temperature fluctuation, no sweats, no anxiety. These symptoms have NEVER been found in kratom withdrawal, it's seriously the easiest opiate like substance to quit. Far easier than even codeine. Why would you string someone along on lope for a week, then have them jump off the lope, when they could jump off the kratom? If you're taking extracts, yeah maybe you would take lope, but just a few grams of plain leaf? Fuck no, dont use other opioids, to get off something as weak as kratom, quitting lope is just going to cause diarreah, which is something kratom DOES NOT CAUSE. Seriously, I've gone through the kratom "withdrawals", many many times, and in fact am going through it right now. It's not that hard. Coffee, Ephedrine, Amphetamine if you're lucky to have some, to deal with lethargy. Etizolam, or phenibut at night. It's not that hard. If you're having this much trouble with jumping off kratom, I'd really hate to see you on even something like codeine or perc 10s lol.

Well I typically use 20 to 30 grams a day. Tried cutting that down some.
I can't get myself to go through a night of feeling like I want to crawl out of my body. So I just take some more.
Like I said benadryl/sleeping pills don't work. Nor does melatonin.
If I make it through a night I'm tired as he'll cause I only slept an hour or two
And am not taking kratom. Really the hardest part is at night. I'll look into a couple of those things recommended.
I know I can't do it cold turkey. Not without getting rid of what I have anyway.

Well maybe I'll try phenibut as that seems easiest to come by. I don't have access to these other things.
Prefer something otc.

If only otc people use just enough loperamide to stop the rls and benadryl to help sleep.

Well I quit a huge Kratom habit recently. I've used everything under the sun in the past, dope, oxys, been on Sub maintenance, MMT, etc. Been clean for 6 months stretches here and there and been on Kratom for long stretches too. I just used it for I'd say the last 9 months approixmately in high doses like 30+ grams per day. Was stone cold sober for the almost 3 days, bad insomnia and anxiety, then I used loperamide for a couple days felt good but still craving, and then the day before yesterday and yesterday I used 2 8mg Subutex and here I am over 24 hours later with pupils still pinned.

Will the Subutex I took and got ripped on make me even sicker than I was before I went clean from Kratom for a couple days and used loperamide? Just wondering because I would think a day and a half of Subs wouldn't make me TOO bad when it leaves my system. Anybody have experience doing this? I really don't want to use anything from here on out but I worry about how sick I could be now.

Well I quit a huge Kratom habit recently. I've used everything under the sun in the past, dope, oxys, been on Sub maintenance, MMT, etc. Been clean for 6 months stretches here and there and been on Kratom for long stretches too. I just used it for I'd say the last 9 months approixmately in high doses like 30+ grams per day. Was stone cold sober for the almost 3 days, bad insomnia and anxiety, then I used loperamide for a couple days felt good but still craving, and then the day before yesterday and yesterday I used 2 8mg Subutex and here I am over 24 hours later with pupils still pinned.

Will the Subutex I took and got ripped on make me even sicker than I was before I went clean from Kratom for a couple days and used loperamide? Just wondering because I would think a day and a half of Subs wouldn't make me TOO bad when it leaves my system. Anybody have experience doing this? I really don't want to use anything from here on out but I worry about how sick I could be now.

Nah, you'll be good. Usually when I run out of Kratom or extracts, I'll go cop some BTH to smoke, or a few Roxy's. One day use won't really make your withdrawals worse, they'll just come back. I've used dope 2-3 days in a row while waiting for kratom, and the kratom still got me feeling nice when I got it. If anything, kratom raised my tolerance to oxy, as when I started opiates and kratom, 30mg of oxy could get me high, and now it takes 60+.

Seems like you're the only one in this thread, or any kratom withdrawal thread that seems to think it's a big deal to quit kratom.

No GI discomfort, no temperature fluctuation, no sweats, no anxiety. These symptoms have NEVER been found in kratom withdrawal, it's seriously the easiest opiate like substance to quit. Far easier than even codeine. Why would you string someone along on lope for a week, then have them jump off the lope, when they could jump off the kratom? If you're taking extracts, yeah maybe you would take lope, but just a few grams of plain leaf? Fuck no, dont use other opioids, to get off something as weak as kratom, quitting lope is just going to cause diarreah, which is something kratom DOES NOT CAUSE. Seriously, I've gone through the kratom "withdrawals", many many times, and in fact am going through it right now. It's not that hard. Coffee, Ephedrine, Amphetamine if you're lucky to have some, to deal with lethargy. Etizolam, or phenibut at night. It's not that hard. If you're having this much trouble with jumping off kratom, I'd really hate to see you on even something like codeine or perc 10s lol.

Ummm..far from the only one. You're a cocksucker, seriously. I was on oxy's for 2 years before going on subs for 2 more and then I found kratom. Had withdrawal hundreds of times from oxys and one very long withdrawal from sub. I don't know what your education level is, but you obviously weren't able to understand what I meant when I said kratom withdrawal doesn't compare to oxy or h withdrawal.

You're a fucking idiot. In any case, glad you can take a ridiculous amount of kratom and have only slight insomnia. BTW, I'm sure you're not aware since you are clearly a troll but, you have heard the phrase 'less is more', right? Of course not. Big bad Kyle shoving 40g of kratom down his throat and then quitting for 6 hours without any withdrawals. You da man, dawg!

Christ, I didn't fucking say you'd be on the ground wailing in pain and puking your guts you. Kicked H, did you? Great that makes you superior to me for sure. Yep, I'm not able to discuss any withdrawal symptoms that I and many others have had because I clearly don't know what 'real' withdrawal feels like. Yep, that 100mg oxy a day habit I had for 2 years doesn't give me any right to give my opinion on how to handle kratom withdrawals. You clearly have either never looked at another forum before or just learned how to use the internet.

What a fucking tool. No diarreah (diarrhea, spell check my friend)? Who the fuck are you to tell me or anybody else what very real physical symptoms I experience? It is far, far mildler than oxy or H withdrawal, yeah I get that and said that. Every time kratom withdrawal comes up all the former junkies come out dick sizing others because it apparently makes them feel superior. What a thing to be better at, withdrawing from opioids/opiates...8)

Now, go spend the rest of your day downing far too much kratom. Do you know what a ceiling effect is? I'm sure you do....

You're an idiot, of course you got withdrawal. You switched from oxy straight to kratom, the kratom connosieurs forum says if you switch straight from opiate to kratom, you're doing the same thing that suboxone would, and just blocking the withdrawal.

Dude here said he only did kratom.

BTW, don't shove 40 grams down my throat, i make it into a tea/alcohol extract as that kills the harmaline alkaloids in it, just leaving the opiod agonist. Meaning MORE=MORE.

WAHHH! KYLE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME, HE MUST BE A TROLL!

I have a bachelors degree in mech engineering, going for my MBA now. Would you like me to PM you pics of my house, degrees, and other awesome things I've accomplished, while you've been too busy nodding?

And yeah, you're a weak mother fucker if fucking kratom gave you WD's. Seriously, go on any board, you will find very few people with Kratom WD's. I think you're just a pussy.

Did your dad rape you as a kid? Is that why men with different opinions than you make you so angry? Sorry you got raped up your booty hole, cocksucker.

HAHA an MBA with a Bachelors in Mech Engineering? Yeah, I'm sure...go ahead and send me the photo shopped documents...

My father did not rape me, did yours? People having a different opinion than me doesn't bother me, but dickheads do.

Also, my post clearly says oxy to sub to kratom.

QUOTE: I was on oxy's for 2 years before going on subs for 2 more and then I found kratom.

What school accepted you?

Yeah, nothing I said in this thread previous to the last post was being a dickhead. I posted the remedy for kratom "withdrawals", and Pm'd the dude links to where to get the stuff. You on the other hand, got all offended that someone could do 8x more kratom than you in extract and not get withdrawal. Is someone running low on opiates, or coming down from a high? baby didn't get his juice today, huh?

And yeah, I got my MBA at texas A&m while in ROTC (corps of cadets). I dropped out, as the military wasn't appealing to me anymore, and my credits transferred to webster's university. Might not be the best place to get a degree, but it'll still hold up.

If you knew anything about college, you'd know credits for any degree can transfer to the next one. I could have a bachelors in chemistry, and get my Masters in liberal arts. It doesn't work the way you non college grads think it does.