• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax Morning After

emack17

Greenlighter
Sometimes after a night of Dex I take Xanax for sleep. Back when I could get brand name Xanax, I would wake up feeling normal and refreshed.

Now it seems I can only get generic, and I wake up feeling so weird. The day after, I do things I wouldn't normal do (open credit cards, buy random shit, make commitments to things I would never want to do)

Even if I take the xanax for sleep without dex, I still have the same problem the next day.

It's gotten to the point where I've had to lock up my cell phone and laptop the night before to prevent myself from doing bizarre shit that I'll regret the next day.

Has this happened to anyone else?? I can't find anything explaining what is happening.

The problem with generics is that they're allowed to have a window of 20% of the dose. So if you're getting a 2mg xanax, you could either have 1.6 mg or 2.4 mg in it. An extra .5 of xanax could send someone with low tolerance over the edge.

I've also seen studies done about generics where the name brand reached peak concentration in 2 hours for buproprion, and generics reached peak concentration at 5 hours. Regardless of what your pharmacist or doctor tells you, generics are not the same as the name brand.

The problem with generics is that they're allowed to have a window of 20% of the dose. So if you're getting a 2mg xanax, you could either have 1.6 mg or 2.4 mg in it. An extra .5 of xanax could send someone with low tolerance over the edge.

I've also seen studies done about generics where the name brand reached peak concentration in 2 hours for buproprion, and generics reached peak concentration at 5 hours. Regardless of what your pharmacist or doctor tells you, generics are not the same as the name brand.

Can you post an article that states this? I remember only finding one article that said something like that, and I don't remember if it was the active ingredient or something else that could vary by 20% (or however much it said.)

The variability of generics is pretty well documented. I am trying to figure out if anyone has experienced the effects I described. Since xanax is short acting it seems weird that I would feel anything at all the next day.

Benzo 'hangovers' are definitely common, especially when taking higher doses. Tons of people have still felt their effects the next morning. It's half-life is definitely long enough where you can still be feeling it the next day.

Benzo 'hangovers' are definitely common, especially when taking higher doses. Tons of people have still felt their effects the next morning. It's half-life is definitely long enough where you can still be feeling it the next day.

Ahh. Maybe it is that simple. Usually I take 3-4mg, but I take it so rarely nowadays that maybe my tolerance is down. I'll try taking less and see if it improves.

Ahh. Maybe it is that simple. Usually I take 3-4mg, but I take it so rarely nowadays that maybe my tolerance is down. I'll try taking less and see if it improves.

Yea that's a pretty high dose from someone that doesn't take it daily, and even then that's still above what most people are prescribed.

1mg is a good recreational dose for someone with a tolerance that doesn't use as often anymore. You will probably still get all the same positive effects of the drug at that dose without the negative ones that you have been experiencing lately.