MAPS Suggestion For/Question About Study

moviefx

Greenlighter
I would like to see a study where people with previous experience with MDMA and people with no previous experience with MDMA go through MDMA therapy sober. I am curious if the two groups would respond differently to the therapy. It might show that previous MDMA experiences make people more receptive to therapy in the long run. There also might be no correlation.

Has this already been studied on its own or as part of another study?

What do people think the correlation would be?

What do you mean by "go through MDMA therapy sober"?

ebola

What do you mean by "go through MDMA therapy sober"?

ebola

I meant that the therapist would conduct a therapy session designed for patients taking MDMA but the patients wouldn't take MDMA.

As far as I'm aware, the therapeutic techniques being used during MDMA sessions are the same as those used in typical therapy sessions, with a focus on accessing and confronting emotions/memories that the patient typically can't deal with (that's where the MDMA comes in). But it would be a good baseline to try out several types of therapy in people that have used MDMA and people that haven't to see if there is any difference in general. I'm not sure if any studies like that have been done.

As far as I'm aware, the therapeutic techniques being used during MDMA sessions are the same as those used in typical therapy sessions, with a focus on accessing and confronting emotions/memories that the patient typically can't deal with (that's where the MDMA comes in).

Wow, so in this way, a proper control-group could actually prove potentially unethical in the distress it could cause the patient. never thought about it like that. . .

ebola

I hadn't either, but it sure makes sense. Goes to show how powerfully awesome MDMA therapy can be.

from what i understand the mdma group would take the capsule for which know one in the room knows it is mdma, and begin to talk lightly about whatever the patient would like, how the week went, what they are anticipating, so and so, and when the 30 min mark hits ask them how they feel, so and so until they get a head change recognition and begin the therapy, eye fold music journey, ect. the control would start the same but would get the placebo. around the 30-60 min markers if there is no head change, the therapist pretty much know what they got, and the patient usually figures it out too, and the session goes on to sober discussion from there. i believe, a lot of this is described in the awesome beautiful book ACID TEST currently being distributed by MAPS

from what i understand the mdma group would take the capsule for which know one in the room knows it is mdma, and begin to talk lightly about whatever the patient would like, how the week went, what they are anticipating, so and so, and when the 30 min mark hits ask them how they feel, so and so until they get a head change recognition and begin the therapy, eye fold music journey, ect. the control would start the same but would get the placebo. around the 30-60 min markers if there is no head change, the therapist pretty much know what they got, and the patient usually figures it out too, and the session goes on to sober discussion from there. i believe, a lot of this is described in the awesome beautiful book ACID TEST currently being distributed by MAPS

that last thing, that's likely the United States of America postal service

Last edited: