• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine Withdrawal?

K-OSS

Bluelighter
So, 4 days ago I was prescribed 100 30/500mg co-codamol for chronic headaches I get. I've been maxing the dose 8 sometimes 10 tablets a day (24H) without a CWE I've always made sure to space the doses out like at least 4 hours. So, today I was thinking, since I have 52 tablets left to give it a break like give my liver time to recover, and not get physically dependent on codeine. Am I in for a bad time or am I just going to take it on the chin like a boss? I've been eating like a beast those, codeine makes me damn hungry, which is good since I am kind of underweight. But am going to be drinking on friday so I want to quit the 5 grams of paracetamol am having every 24 hours. So would 4 days be enough? am going to kind of have this thread as a running diary so I don't coward out, like I'll have a motivation to boss up.

Any bets? Do you all think I'll make it 4 days without it or will I quit and become a junkie? 8( ain't had no tablets for about 4 hours and already feeling pain in my left arm muscle, it's kind of a numbing kind of pain.

You've been using for 4 days? If so, there's virtually no chance of withdrawal if you stop now.

Withdrawal pain is usually centralised in the spine, in the hips, thighs and legs. Your arm pain sounds incidental. Diahorrea, restless legs, fever, pain and insomnia are obvious signs of opiate withdrawal. Codeine withdrawals come on about 12-24 hours after your last dose. If you stop today, and manage to sleep tonight and tomorrow night with no problems, then you're all clear. If you get pain and insomnia, then it will be difficult for 3-5 days.

Last edited:
You've been using for 4 days? If so, there's virtually no chance of withdrawal if you stop now.

Codeine withdrawals come on 18-24 hours after your last dose. Withdrawal pain is usually centralised in the spine, in the hips, thighs and legs. Your arm pain sounds incidental. Diahorrea, restless legs, fever, pain and insomnia are obvious signs of opiate withdrawal. Codeine withdrawals come on about 12-24 hours after your last dose. If you stop today, and manage to sleep tonight and tomorrow night with no problems, then you're all clear. If you get pain and insomnia, then it will be difficult for 3-5 days.

Thanks for the info, feel like popping two 30mg codeines, but I can manage without them. The pain in my arms gone too, actually just feel hungry apart from that I feel pretty good. I have diarrhea and restless legs normally due to bowel problems, but the codeine helps stop the diarrhea and helps with my nutrition. I normally can't sleep due to having terrible sleeping habits.

I'm pissing normally, I don't have sweating or organ pains, kidneys are fine, sex drive is good, erections all that good stuff. So, will report back soon. I don't think i'm going to get withdrawal but its always a good idea not to push your luck with opiates and benzos and play around with them.

Sorry for the mistake in my post, I meant:

Codeine withdrawals come on about 12-24 hours after your last dose.

Honestly, I advise you to not use them unless you really need them. Dependency is horrible once it develops. I need codeine every day just to sleep and stop the withdrawal aching. And due to tolerance, I no longer feel any of the euphoric effects I once enjoyed. Sounds like you're well informed about the risks, and know not to push your luck! Best wishes.

Sorry for the mistake in my post, I meant:

Honestly, I advise you to not use them unless you really need them. Dependency is horrible once it develops. I need codeine every day just to sleep and stop the withdrawal aching. And due to tolerance, I no longer feel any of the euphoric effects I once enjoyed. Sounds like you're well informed about the risks, and know not to push your luck! Best wishes.

Yeah, I had a friend who became a heroin addict, this was a high flying businessman at one time, so I know the destruction it can cause. He always used to warn me. So I never did heroin, just prefered the odd few grams of coke, and a few drinks, and maybe a Valium or two to get by head down after the coke binge.

Coke is one hell of a drug though, it turns you into a sex fiend you, have some really good sex with some fine women, all the while being paranoid as hell. lol Sometimes if you have too much you can end up dry ejeculating. Or worse fail to get an erection.

So it's the morning after, I did end up having 60mg last night. Today I am feeling slight pain all over my body, a little in my very lower back well below my kidneys on the lower left hand side, from my anatomical knowledge there are no organs there just bones, muscle and tissue, so abit of muscle pain but apart from that it isn't too bad. Today I am absolutely not going to take any more. It's more psychological than physical. Maybe do some lifting and drink some protein shakes today, just go hard with the weight training, that will drop some endorphins, adrenaline and dopamine. I think I have an ear infection too, feel abit of an itch in there. I would up early so I can go to sleep tonight on time, last night slept at about 2am, tonight will try to go to sleep at 11.30pm.

I'm in some pain, not had any codeine in 3 days, and I have some hellish cramps, and diarrhea, fuck me. I can't believe diarrhea could be this painful. Hopefully this will pass by tomorrow, I kept popping the codedines, so I'm all out of them. Maybe I have alcohol poisoning. Actually that might be it, since I'd been drinking for the past two days in a row.

I did this like a boss, like I said I would. Just have some imodium plus on hand. Man this was too easy, from all the opiate hell stories I'd read. Yeah it's painful but you have to handle your shit and be mentally strong. By the way the diarrhea lasts a long ass time, like a week or so. Just avoid alcohol for a couple of days, I made the mistake of having like a quarter of vodka, that made the withdrawal worse I think. Stay away from coke too, because if you get coke-pain the day after you feel like you need pain-killers. By the way I also had an issue of sweating, I sweated so much, so drink plenty of water. Basically the worst part is cramps in your stomach and the feeling of sickness, nausea. Trust me you'll not be going to work for at least a week, it will feel like the worst flu ever, but that is about it.

Kids don't do drugs, stay in school, make money, and have good sex and good food, and exercise.

Last edited:
I did this like a boss, like I said I would. Just have some imodium plus on hand. Man this was too easy, from all the opiate hell stories I'd read. Yeah it's painful but you have to handle your shit and be mentally strong. By the way the diarrhea lasts a long ass time, like a week or so. Just avoid alcohol for a couple of days, I made the mistake of having like a quarter of vodka, that made the withdrawal worse I think. Stay away from coke too, because if you get coke-pain the day after you feel like you need pain-killers. By the way I also had an issue of sweating, I sweated so much, so drink plenty of water. Basically the worst part is cramps in your stomach and the feeling of sickness, nausea. Trust me you'll not be going to work for at least a week, it will feel like the worst flu ever, but that is about it.

Kids don't do drugs, stay in school, make money, and have good sex and good food, and exercise.

Dude you took a small dose of Codeine for a few days and now you're saying you 'did it like a boss' and 'handled your shit and were mentally strong' ... what on earth are you on about man?

This is possibly the most cringe-worthy post I've ever read on BL, and that takes some doing. You took a small dose of the weakest opiate for a few days and are acting like you're a heroic hardcore heroin addict.

Cringe man. Pure cringe.