Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(LSD / 230ug) - Beginner - Witnessing the planes of time twist before me

Jackeh

Bluelighter
I started the trip in my friend E's house. It had been a stressful week at work so this weekend I intended to sit in, relax and enjoy my trip.

I took 2 tabs (each one reportedly being 115ug) giving me a total dosage of 230ug. I held one tab under my tongue for 10 minutes, swallowed it, then put then other tab under my tongue. I hoped the offset in dosage would hopefully have eased the come up slightly.

Within about 20-40 minutes I first noticed the effects. I was sitting in the room along with E, C and S (S was the same one who tripped with my in my last report). It began with a view of a colourful static overlay which developed into small atom model-like shapes similar to those used in our Chemistry class. They were a small red or blue sphere, with an octahedral arrangement of round edged cones (the points met inside the sphere so couldn't be seen).

[For anyone wondering, the reason there were cones on our atomic models was because they were used to represent electron pairs being stuck to the ball model. Similar in shape to p orbitals.]

These small atomic models showed up every so often throughout the fuzz, just a glimpse here and there every so often. Along with this I experienced slight trailing but nothing major. For about the next half an hour these effects remained constant, but my friend S informed me her brother (B) was coming home and we needed to let him in (we had the keys). We got in the car and drove to S's house to let her brother in. The next few hours would be difficult as I had to keep a level head and act like someone not under the influence of hard drugs as it would not be appreciated by her brother.

When we got into the house I was getting feelings of slow waves moving through my body, bending me along with them. It felt great to stand up and stretch while feeling them. I could now sit on the sofa and relax, I had about half an hour until B came home. During this time, S and I smoked a blunt or two and a few joints. As well as these waves, I also felt a kind of warm euphoria spreading from my core and wrapping around my ribs like energetic tendrils.

B finally arrived home, it was time for me to act normal. Luckily the trip wasn't too intense yet, I could join in on conversation and understand what was going on. I could interact totally fine. S got up to show B the new bulb she bought for the living room lamp. It was red and cast a nice cool glow throughout the room. This lamp was going to have a big influence on the trip later.

My visuals began to get more intense. I could no longer interact with S and B with fear of giving myself away to B. I decided to put my attention somewhere and concentrate on it, choosing the TV. Multiple music videos went past without me paying attention to them properly. Conversation with S and B continued but I couldn't grasp any of it. As the trip progressed, I was only able to catch small glimpses of their sentences, and moments after I would end up forgetting the subject of any talk. I just said "Yes", "Yeah", "I know", and "Mhm" as much as possible when I thought it was appropriate. I remember some of the songs coming up (it was a music channel) and being quite rocky/metalish. Usually I'm a fan of most types of music, but during this trip it seems like rock styles were far too aggressive to handle on acid.

I seemed to be doing well at keeping my cool but at some point (I don't remember when), the TV had lost signal or changed channel. Instead, the screen was replaced with white noise/static. As I sat there, my concentration on the TV grew. The red lamp cast an eerie glow across the room with the TV looking like a portal into some world of black and white fuzz. The acid took the random spread of black and white pixels on TV and turned it into 3D shapes spreading and warping about inside the TV. All this was happening while the general visuals increased, a wobbling of the edges of every object and fractal twisting images appearing randomly across my field of view.

I remember waiting for B to head out (he was going up town for a while). I like B, but in this specific situation I was having an extremely hard time keeping my trip under control and it was hard trying to act normal there. I remember 10 minutes had passed but it seemed like hours. As the night went on I began to lose my grip of reality and time. After what felt like hours, B had left to head out.

The moment he left the house I got up and started speaking animatedly to S. I was telling her how vivid and intense the trip was, all that was happening and how I was beginning to have a second perspective in my trip. I had my real eyes view, and an inner mind view which seems to have a view of reality and the flow of events. I can't describe this very well, it was a very confusing trip. I tried to explain how I could see some kind of planar perspective of time. This time plane was flat yet every so often something would happen, a real life event that made the time plane become 3D, full of shapes, curves and hills. These hills were able to pass through my body as an event in time happened, and I could feel this as a warm push in the shape of the time plane going through me.

As the trip progressed, the time plane that I could see in my minds eye began to gain a new depth and each event in life became a small chrome like sphere floating above the plane of time. It felt like a spirit like body inside me was grabbing onto spheres to make them the centre of my mind's eye's attention, then twisting the time plane around the sphere and rotating wildly. At the same time (in real life) my visuals made me see from 2 perspectives. One on the left side of my head, and one on the right. When I turned around, the two perspectives kinda crossed and swapped my vision around. Once again, this was extremely difficult to explain and I don't think I give the full experience the justice it deserves. Every so often I had to laugh and giggle with total disbelief as I didn't know how I'd explain this trip to anyone else.

This mixed along with the TV static, the room's red glow, and the other visuals lead to a very interesting mental and visual aspect.

This continued for another hour or so when I got to a scary part of the trip. I was experiencing what I assume were thought loops. Me and S were sitting down, when suddenly I got this intense urge of their being an objective - the only problem was that I didn't know the objective. I would stand up, and start freaking out about what we were supposed to be doing.

This is the only time I've ever had a genuine freak out on a drug where I was experiencing true fear. S reassured me it was the drug, which definitely helped keep me grounded, but it kept repeating for a while. A cycle where we'd be talking, and then suddenly I'd forget everything - every way people were meant to interact, what I was doing here, what the purpose was, what we had been doing earlier. Everything was forgotten and only the fear remained. Powerful irrational fear. After forgetting everything I'd stand up or have a shocked look on my face and start asking S various questions or panicking out loud. And so the cycle continued.

Eventually I broke out of this though. The visuals slowly subsided over the next few hours until we went in to bed. I had a very enjoyable albeit intense experience.

The next day, at about 1PM while sitting without any friends at a bus stop I had (what I belief to be) a flashback. I was sitting there, and then suddenly a white light began shining in front of my view. It started from the top and gradually radiated downwards, consuming my entire vision like a frost had grown down over my eyes. I had become totally blind. Simultaneously a static fuzz had grown in my ears while the external world became muffled. I was now deaf and blind. While all this was happening, a euphoric feeling began to grow from my core outwards, eventually the euphoria reached my skin and I felt like all the pores on my body had opened up and were venting this euphoria outwards.

This entire flashback experience lasted somewhere between 10 and 30 minutes, it was hard to tell. I had to close my eyes and concentrate on keeping control while the general public moved along past me or sat near me - not realising what I was going through.

Overall, I definitely enjoyed my LSD experience - including the flashback the next day. It was extremely intense and confusing but I'm glad I went through it.

Really interesting trip report. That flashback is crazy intense. I've had some strong experiences with anxiety/panic that resembled psychedelic states without drug use, but never with euphoria like that.

I've had that same feeling of "I'm supposed to be doing something but I don't know what it is" on shrooms several times. It's irritating because it keeps happening but you forget every time. I've also had that overwhelming fear and repeatedly forgetting everything (who I am, where I am, what I'm doing, etc), but that's always been on cannabis edibles. The first time it happened it was so utterly intense it actually became interesting. If my personality were any different it could have been a bad trip. Now when it happens I just say "I've got the fear!" and it usually goes away pretty quickly. :)

it's much more enjoyable to trip in a situation where you don't have to pretend to be sober :)

sounds like you had a pretty decent time anyways though. next time, try a better setting.

excellent report.
I often get an effect (on salvia mostly) in which it feels like time or reality is extending in right angles from a base reality or time process:
for me it is as if any shape or thing that is noticed in "flat time" begins a new branch at right angles from the "real" and that these branches with shapes and extrusions of mental energy/life energy continue all together as one universe or vision.
I have also noticed at such times that if I keep my eyes open, and slowly turn around - then I have 360 degree vision, which is the same effect really:
sensory impressions and mental formations fade more slowly and are mixed together with new ones as they keep arising.

^^i feel like i may have heard of that one other time - slowly turning and getting 360 degree vision.

that is a trick i will definitely have to try next time :)