Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Trichocereus Bridgesii, experienced traveler, I saw how the world really works

TweekBoy

Greenlighter
My research into varieties led me to Bridgesii as one I've never tried this type and two the Indian that sold it to me in New Mexico seemed to say if you are truly experienced then this is the cactus for you.
I took his word for it and followed his simple cooking method and amounts he said to use and it WORKED WONDERS.
I cooked 125g of fresh green skin from the cactus and through away white core. In Bridgesii the core is a lot smaller than San Pedro. Anyway took the wet 125g and blended it to foam with water and a little lemon juice. After that I put it in a Dutch oven to boil down for 10 hours. I kept it at a slow rolling boil adding new water every 30 minutes so it didn't evaporate away. Once the boil was done I took the hot green snotty consistency liquid and poured it through a fine gold coffee strainer into a cup. I smashed all the juice out of the pulp and let both sit until pulp was dry and tea was cool.
Two mistakes I made during my experience. One was eating prior to to take off and two eating in the middle of the trip. I wouldn't say it lessened my trip it just made me feel pukey the whole trip.
Once cooled down the pulp left over was a small mess in the strainer. I decided to see what it tasted like and it was bad at all so I whaled on it and ate all of it. Then the tea... I drank 8 oz of it at 1:00. By 3:00 I thought that I felt it but wasn't sure. I the. Downed the other 8 oz of tea and drank some watermelon juice as Hunter S Thompson claimed it help with kicking in the mescaline buzz. At 3:45 I was gone!! I saw three alligators humping each other on my couch. The colors were every where. Open eye and closed eye visuals. I was easily +++ and heading for ego loss and the trip just started. It waves of intensity but no scary thoughts just shouldn't of eaten. By 7:00 I was so far gone. I was seeing all these years and wheels in front of me. It was if the world we see around us is just a large machine that we walk in. Dimensions had no meaning at this point. I was convinced that 3 dimensions was more like 100. Each speck of dust in the air was like space ships flying all around. I had no perception that I was still in my apartment. This went on stronger and stronger until at least 4am. At that point I took 2mg of Valium to try to slow this down. I didn't dare go for the watermelon juice as this just fueled the fire. Valium mind as well have been candy. Somewhere in the area of 11am I was almost done. It was that point where your brain is just farting for a bit before you are you again. It's now 4pm and I'm totally back to normal.
All I can say is BE CAREFUL!! Bridgesii is no joke. I think people are being duped when they say Bridgesii is weak or doesn't work. REAL Bridgesii is as strong as Peyote but you need to eat a lot more of it. Bridgesii blows San Pedro away!!

Thank you for sharing this. It sounds like an incredible experience. All of the different mescaline cacti have been an interest of mine for a long time, and bridgesii has particularly intrigued me the most besides perhaps peyote. Your report has furthered my desire to form a deeper relationship with these entheogens. :)

Mescaline is truly a special and beautiful substance. I've eaten cactus a few times but never that much. The most mescaline I have taken was 450mg of synthetic and 125mg of strong san pedro extract, together. I was camping and I had a beautiful, primal experience where I was so in tune with my physical body, I could see everything so clearly (normally I am nearsighted though I haven't worn glasses since I was a teenager), and I could process everything at once. We explored a river by walking in it and over it on rocks, and climbed waterfalls. I was able to perform physical feats I would have normally been afraid and too unsure to try. I was filled with a bubbling joy and good humor. It felt like I was operating at 150%. I want to try it again next time but at more like 700mg.

That experience sounds beautiful. :) I've actually been wanting to try that for a long time too, using a combination of cactus and pure mescaline. I'd be happy to even just try the pure mescaline right now though. That also reminds me of a time on mushrooms when I was able to jump all around these pointed rocks in a forest at night quickly with perfect precision, though that was just for a moment as usually I find it rather difficult to walk on mushrooms haha.... In general though that is one of my absolute favorite things about psychedelics; I like to practice dancing while tripping. :D

Wow, as my peyote post says, I dig mescaline cacti. They are my favorite plant allies. I am really intrigued by your trip report, TweekBoy. I think this is the next one on my list because of your fantastic description. I too was able to walk 15 hours straight on peyote, its how people live in the desert here in Mexico sometimes. My cousin met a man who carried only 4 liters of water, no food, just 3 peyote buttons a day.

Eat a button and take a sip of water. And live. Its truly amazing what mescaline can do. I love it so so much that I am totally a Tatewarii convert. Hikuri is the Tarahumara and Huichol word for peyote.

Man, you convinced me....I gotta try this cactus.