• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol/Imitrex/Ibuprofen?

trippieh3lix

Bluelighter
I take tramadol for my fibro, and my doctor just gave me Imitrex with 9 tablets for the month. My question is, would this be a safe combination with the major interactions. My doctor says okay, but 3 different sites says it's a severe reaction.

You guys know more about this stuff, so would this be safe? I'm seeing major reactions with serotonin syndrome risks.

Yes, it's fine. That is (partially) why you have just 9 tablets. Unless you start taking insanely high doses of tramadol, occasionally taking an imitrex. Come on, not all doctors are idiots! ;)

Yes, it's fine. That is (partially) why you have just 9 tablets. Unless you start taking insanely high doses of tramadol, occasionally taking an imitrex. Come on, not all doctors are idiots! ;)

Because Headache medicine, especially sumatriptans <sp> are some of the most expensive medications to make. Most insurance will allow only 9-12. Depends on the insurance. Mine used to allow 12, then changed to 9. And to pay for imitrex without insurance, those 9 pills cost 240 dollars. As a sufferer of frequent migraines, I'm always amazed that I can get methadone for my pain easier than I can get non-narcotic imitrex. Go figure!

Generic costs like 20 bucks. Manufacturing costs are usually not why drugs are priced so high.

understandable. so I don't create another thread, what about 125mgs of tramadol and .5-1mg Ativan? Would that give me a good relaxing effect without putting me to sleep? Just curious.

I'm taking about 130mgs of Tramadol, is this dosage safe with the Imitrex?