• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

worst overdose to have?

Has anyone here mentioned acetaminophen / paracetamol / APAP? There is a toxicity "event horizon" with this drug, below which you're almost certainly fine as long as your liver is healthy and not under stress, and above which there is pretty much nothing you can do but watch as your liver fails and you slowly die over the next few days, feeling more and more polluted, itchy, and puffy, before slipping away into azotemic (nitrogenous) delirium and coma. I sure hope this is widely known in the prescription painkiller scene.

Psychedelics. I had to stop taking normal doses due to bad trips. An overdose would be pure hell. I fear I would never come back.

Stim overdose would be second, nothing like your heart beating out of your chest

As for the liver failure above, that sounds like cirrhosis, which I have seen alcoholics die from and it is very very sad

I have heard of heroin/sedative combination overdoses that leave you brain damaged from hypoxia with half your hearing permanently destroyed, tinnitus and nerve damage limiting the movement of your limbs from lying in an awkward position for so long while compressing said nerves.

Oh yes, anoxic brain injury is arguably a fate worse than death for people who overdose on drugs that depress their breathing, or half-complete a suicide attempt.

Getting back to what I was saying about benzos, I seldom see even heavy abusers of benzos alone end up admitted inpatient (either to the med-surg floor or the psych unit), unless they're coming in for serious trauma sustained when they were benzo'd out. This is not to say these drugs aren't widely abused on their own -- they are. But most benzo addicts either carry their habit with them to their grave, or seek help and are able to complete a lengthy detox taper outpatient with very close follow-up. Unfortunately, many (most?) benzo abusers are polysubstance abusers, and use them to potentiate either alcohol or opiates. Those folks do end up admitted to the hospital quite frequently. These poor souls often spend time in the ICU if they need to be tubed and vented to breathe, they inhaled their own vomit and have aspiration pneumonia, or they're undergoing hypothermic therapy for anoxic brain injury from being down too long in the field. Still wondering why recreational depressants kind of scare me?

Stim overdose would be second, nothing like your heart beating out of your chest

It's the loss of motor control while being entirely aware of what is happening to you that causes the real trauma.

You know, I really should stop now with this. This is merely the darkest reaches of my imagination, but all sorts of people read these boards and get ideas from them, and therefore me writing things like this here could be seen as skirting the edges of my Hippocratic Oath.

IMO, I don't think so...you're not telling people about compounds which denature, rare toxins, or related things which I don't feel comfortable bringing up either. I think the more knowledge people have concerning drug overdose is good, though...I HOPE it would increase people's awareness and curiosity about how to avoid the horrible fates discussed in this thread.

APAP overdose is definitely noteworthy. Nasty way to go, that. Only funny thing about that is when they decide to give people IV alcohol to prevent the metabolism of APAP, heh heh heh.

Tobacco OD. Combines the down-sides of stimulant and deliriant ODs into one and throws in that crippling poisoned feeling and intense nausea.

I mean considering the closest I've come to an OD is caning a Marlboro Red in 20-30 seconds the first cigarette I ever smoked and even with that I was thinking I was gonna have a heart attack while simultaneously wanting to projectile vomit everywhere and cursing the people who discovered tobacco, swearing I'd never smoke again, I can't imagine how bad an actual OD would be.

I think that the ODs of both uppers and psychedelics should be feared, since both can easily cause huge mental problems, where a downer simply blacks you out and might kill you.
Personally I am not afraid of death, because when life is over, it's over, but having to live with mental problems would be a huge burden to me.

^good point, though I definitely like living more than being dead. Scary to think of the long lasting effects in those situations.

MyDoorsAreOpen said:
paralytic neuromuscular junction blocker like cisatracurium. These drugs have only one effect, and that is to make all the skeletal muscles in your body go entirely flaccid and unresponsive to your volition. Your sensorium (including pain) and memory remain entirely intact, and there is absolutely nothing you can do.
So basically a drug that would induce sleep paralysis? Fascinating.

For the purpose of this thread I would take the loosest definition possible, meaning simply taking too much or the wrong combination of things leading to increased and unpleasant effects. If we only discussed stuff that is deadly it would get a little boring.

As I recall, worst OD I've had was after consuming quite a large amount of Lorazepam. We're talking 8mg upwards, I really don't know because the packet must have been taken off me (from my recollection, I think I had taken 3mg over the course of hr and 1/2 as I had them prescribed off label for sleep. They must have kicked in and I kept taking more in a dumbfounded benzo stooper.)

To cut a unknown story short, from what I was told, my parents had come round after various strange calls and texts. After they came round, I had been sitting there, telling them about how I was going to hang myself. When I say HOW, I mean I must've explained fully in detail how I was going to do it. With being very zonked and mostly unresponsive but still moving around, talking etc.

Moral of the story, benzo blackouts are baaaaaad.

^yikes! That sux man.

In terms of just over the line yet not endangering overdoses, I'd have to put the alcohol spins up there. Either from one too many drinks or the state being exacerbated by another drug, the spins are just horrible! I had them on top off a lofted bed once and it was like being trapped. So glad I didn't throw up on myself or anything valuable that night haha.

PS: thx CN95, Porcupine Tree rocks hard and I always liked In Absentia's cover.

^Yeah, wasn't one of my proudest moments. Nor for me, or my parents. Though I can happily say, that was one of the only benzo blackouts I've experienced.

Dude, I have to admit, booze spins are foul. There is nothing worse when you're intoxicated past the limits of pleasantness and the room starts spinning. I stopped drinking for a couple of years on the pure fact I started to hate how alcohol would almost control me while I was drunk.

I have had a seizure from doing too many pills and a bit of coke.

Started the night drinking beers whilst on my way to a rave and dropped half of a crushed up pill i had left over from the night before in my drink. Soon later i dropped a whole one. That kicked in and i met up with some mates who had some coke and sniffed some from the tip of his key. As they all sniffed it they were saying how nice it was but when i did it, it just ruined my roll and made me feel sober.

Later i get my mates 14 pills and i dropped another half. Btw there was 5 of us but one was so fucked on mdma that he was mumbling words to himself, getting all his possessions out of his bag and just generally being confused (one of the worst iv seen someone get off mdma before, it was actually making me feel horrible watching him). So he wasn't given any coke or pills.

We get back to my friends house and hes handing out quarters halfs and on one occasion a hole pill. Throughout the night i think i had 4 pills give or take.

About 6-7weeks before this night i had found out about how nice these pills are and how cheap i can get them. Every weekend for those 7 weekends i was dropping pills atleast one night if not two nights. Never seen any bad side affects just a bad hangover in the morning.

So it gets to about 8am we just smoked a couple of spliffs and were chatting about going to bed.

Then all of a sudden im just sat there and i get a rush of anxiety through my body, i look from left to right thinking wtfs going on knowingly something bads about to happen, take a deep breath in and i soon wake up in the back of an ambulance not knowing what just happened and mind you it took a second for the seizure to happen.

Any how i was very confused and stayed in the hospital until 6pm. I was mostly sleeping since the 4 days before it i was drinking and doing a lot of nitrous and having not much sleep.

But before any one says the pills are well known they are called nintendo allstars, clean pills. If anyone has had a similar situation i would love to hear your story and if you have done mdma or coke since.

^ I bet it was the weed. I've had very intense experiences (okay just one) smoking on a comedown from an e pill. If u had probably just taken the four you maybe only would have had a hangover? Especially with prior experience and knowing they were good.

stimulant ods probably feel the worst. being wide awake with your heart poppin off your chest, paranoid... seizures and cardiac arrest...

and then on the other hand you have a high-dose psychedelic bad trip which can be a living hell.

the worst so is the two combined, seriously... MDMA, MDA od? aMT? overwhelmed by visuals and mindfuck on top of serotonin syndrome and all unwanted physical stimulation, that should suck

To be fair you could be right. Throughout the night and morning i was feeling completely fine. Im pretty sure it was the only spliff i had smoked.

Usually i do get bad anxiety when i smoke weed by itself.

It's quite lucky really because we lost just under a grams worth of coke when we got back to my friends and i really wanted to do some more. Im sure if we found it i would've sniffed until there was no more and i mightve not been so lucky.

Thats my experience on mixing pills and coke. It was my first ever to mix them and i tell you it is my last.

The coke really sobers you up and if you have more pills for the night you'll just take them and not even feel a thing. When i first done these 1 pill would send me on my ass, i had never done more than two except from that night.

Question is what do you guys think of me doing coke again? Do you think it's not even questionable or do you think it would be okay aslong as i take it easy? Its been 2 months and i havnt touched a thing except weed and booze. I have had plenty of coke offered to me but denied it everytime with a sad look on my face lol.

I would imagine that the worse possible overdose would be a stimulant-psychedelic overdose (e.g. DOB, 25C-NBOMe). It would be extremely painful and you would be completely insane at the same time.

Amphetamine overdose. Overall, I am much more of a "downer" fan. I overdosed on heroin once, which resulted in me standing over a sink puking my guts out for 45 minutes straight, even when I had nothing left to puke. That really, really sucked.

But when I took too much amphetamine, I started to have psychotic thoughts and almost wanted to die. This was also in combination with marijuana which enhanced the thoughts I was having, and the unpleasant physical side effects. Thank god I had some valium otherwise I might have ended up hospitalized that night.

Yes, Serotonin Syndrome is the worst I've had. 3 days of full-body vibrating.
Can you tell me what exactly happened, and your doses? That would be so damn uncomfortable, in my mind an MDMA OD would just make you completelyyyyyy tense, like all your muscles contracting without you being able to stop it, going into heart attack mode, foam from mouth. That's how I picture it, but I would never want to experience that, nor would anyone I hope. Shit sounds super scary..