• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Fainted/Seizure after smoking weed?

im1997

Greenlighter
Keep in mind I'm a regular smoker (4 times per week or so) and I ate before this

At 10:00pm I was with my friend smoking and sitting and started to clean up
and at around 10:30 all of the sudden I almost felt like an anxiety attack starting (not diagnosed with anxiety and never had one) and passes out and my top half of my body fell from the bench while I apperantly rolled my eyes backwards and starting somewhat shaking, I don't remembered anything but waking up from a mini dream and got up, tried to stand and walk but my legs felt weird and I couldn't walk more than 2 steps and collapsed hard on the ground again except no fainting, we sad for a bit and I feel completely normal except kinda confused and buzzed

Idk I don't think it's ellipse? I even though it might of been this strong new bug spray my friend put a lot on me??

Never seen anyone faint from an anxiety attack... I have seen a girl knock herself out in the midst of one, though. She started freaking out and smacked her head on a garage door, lol... Funny in retrospect but I was shitting my pants thinkin' I was gonna have to take her to the ER at the time.

I don't know what you mean by not thinking "it's ellipse."

I'd chalk it up to a blood sugar or blood pressure issue but hey, man, we're not doctors and losing consciousness is pretty serious stuff. If I were in your shoes, I'd go get myself checked out at the doctor first chance I had.

Sorry I meant epilepsy*^
and yeah I think I'll ask doc today, thanks!

Sorry I meant epilepsy*^
and yeah I think I'll ask doc today, thanks!

OH! Man, I was trying hard as fuck to figure out what you had meant to put. Epilepsy didn't even cross my mind...

But yeah, dude, give your doctor the whole story from start to finish. This kind of thing happens more often than you'd think to weedsmokers (I mean... it's not common or anything, but it's also not unheard of).

[EDIT: Just noticed your username and am thinking you might be underage. If that's the case (and I'm sorry for thinking so if it's not) then keep in mind that your parents do not have to accompany you into the examination room. The doctor may invite them back with you, but it's up to you to say "No, I'd rather they stayed in the waiting room." I know how nerve-wracking it can be when you think the only way to get legitimate medical help will have the extra bonus of revealing your drug habits to the family. That type of shit can keep younger folks from getting the medical help that they deserve.]

[EDIT#2: Holy shit I just realized that a kid born in 1997 would be fucking 17 today. Fucking 17. 17!

...I feel geriatric now.]

Last edited:
i've had a friend who'd always nearly-faint or faint for a few secs after smoking weed. and it wasnt duper strong weed too. my bet would be he already had some low pressure and not eaten enough that day.

after a while i realized it's not that uncommon around here... we even have a slang for it

no experience with seizures though... better go to a doc

Same thing happend to me man.i dont know what its caused from but only happend to me once and a few times i could feel like it was happening again but never passed out/fainted..dont think its a seizure tho people might have been exaggerating..u might of been dehydrated or like was said before blood sugar or spike in blood pressure..i was driving when it happened to me felt really off and confused, pulled over and fell out of my truck and was told i was shaking but i think that was me trying to grab something in my fucked up state

Its funny out of all the drugs ive done and done to the fullest including most stimulants,psychedelics,empathegens,and my dear opiates ive never been more scared then the night that happend from smoking "harmless" weed :|

For some reason when people pass out and shake even a little bit they think its a seizure but people dont lose all motor function and fall like a log.i mean its happen but not the norm.they still can move even tho they are semi conscious..u said u had a dream u might have been acting out ur dream in a way

Last edited:
For some reason when people pass out and shake even a little bit they think its a seizure but people dont lose all motor function and fall like a log.i mean its happen but not the norm.they still can move even tho they are semi conscious..u said u had a dream u might have been acting out ur dream in a way

That's because seizures are not confined to the "whole-body-locks-up-and-every-single-muscle-starts-spasming" variety.

http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/types-seizures/simple-partial-seizures

It really does sound like a blood pressure or blood sugar related thing. Did you hold the smoke in for a long time?

Hey man i had the SAME EXACT experience, any info or updates on what it was or caused it? thanks.

Strong weed, quite low tolerance, hunger, dehydration and a little bit of panic might result in fainting. Nothing is wrong. You just overloaded yourself. Next time smoke weed in a comfortable environment and drink water, if you really want to do cannabis. It will be better.

Same thing happened to me too. Only thing to add was that the two times it has happened, it hasent been a "blackout" by which i mean everything goes dark at the edges of your vision. Rather than blackness/darkness its a brighter yellow light kind of like a slow-light-explosion is taking place somwhere behind you. Felt pretty groggy afterwards but gave it little while and was good to keep ripping bongs with no consequnces. Another thing to add is that both times it was on a realatively small amount of bud 1 joint or 2-3 bongs but Ive gone waaay harder in the past and just a completely normal high