Assignment Preliminary research into painkillers

soroptimist

Greenlighter
Hello there

My name is Sally Marlow, and I have just completed a PhD at King's College London. The research I'm asking for help with on this post is not for a current academic study. This research into painkillers is for a different audience: BBC Radio 4. I am working with BBC Radio Science to make sure that any programme we make has accurate representations as to what's happening. In particular, for background information and so that we can set the context of the documentary, I'd like to know how easy/difficult it is to buy opioid painkillers over the internet in the UK - it would be wrong for us to raise it on the programme if it's a non-issue. My usual academic research area is alcohol, so this is a completely new area for me. Therefore all information and opinions therfore will be useful, and I will treat any information as I would treat it for an academic study.

Thanks for reading.

Soroptimist

Last edited:
Hello there, years ago ( roughly10 yrs) I could buy tramadol and buprenorphine very easily, not sure about now though. Legitimate pharmaceutical opiates are impossible or very difficult so drugs like AH-7921 appear which is apparently 80% the potency of morphine. Someone died recently to my understanding which prompted the gov to ban it. Making way for possible more harmful opiates to someday appear. That's about all I know really, hope I helped at all? X

Out of curiosity. I'm from the states but from what I've experienced they don't send the real thing. Perhaps now wirh silk road and the dark web you could probably get the real stuff there.

That sounds to me like something they gave me for my spinal fusion. Its Dilaudid it is stronger than morphine mg to mg. 30mg of morphine equals 7.5 mg of dilaudid.the nurses were telling me how strong it was . And then a few yrs later I saw a lady speak this lady that used to be a nurse used to be a horrible addict and she'd steal it from the hospital but turned herself in. Only two places I've ever heard it mentioned. I feel like that's not something that would be very easy to get a hold of to sell. I would guess someone in the hospital. And it was personal use or they made alot of money selling that on the street. hope I can give you some more perspective.

Dang. I am in the US but wish I could spread the word about painkillers! Started at 22 prescribed, and now 35 with an unreal tolerance and soooo hard to kick. Long term effects wreck you. Oh and they arent hard to get.