• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Drug Rehab Help/Advice/Info??

JEFFB

Greenlighter
Hey Everyone. I just joined Bluelight while I was researching some info on some drugs because I am admitting myself into a Drug Rehabilitation Facility this Friday the 27th in Florida.

My main drug of choice is 30mg oxycodone. I've been using since 2008. At least 60mg per day, but have done up to 270mg in a day numerous times like an idiot...

I am going to The Recovery Place in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. My flight leaves Baltimore, Maryland at 8:15am on Friday.

Does anyone have some advice or information I may need to know about recovery and drug rehabs???

Please let me know whatever you can.

I'm very nervous and scared kind of. I don't want to fail...

This is going to be my second time in rehab...

My first time was only 14 days. This time is minimum 30 days to 45 days.

Any good information or advice please. On recovery, staying clean, rehabs in general.

Or if you've been to The Recovery Place before and there's anything I should know about it before I get there let me know.

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with that place but I had a few rehabs and detoxes when I lived there. Getting clean there isn't the challenge. The real work begins once you're out and left to your own devices. That's when I would inevitably relapse and you need an after care plan to prevent this. Are you going straight back home? Or sober living facility/halfway house?

My plan right now is to move back into my folks house. But I have had thoughts of possibly finding a halfway house that is close by my family that wouldn't be such a burden on their lives with taking me back and forth to work each day. Well see what happens after my 30 days.

Not having a vehicle and staying at my parents will keep me clean I know. I'm scared of what happens once I purchase a vehicle and don't want to stay at their house anymore.

I have a valid drivers license. I just wrecked my car recently while high and totaled it.

I've got a lot of decisions to make in the next 30 days.

I want to do the right thing or else I wouldn't have signed up for The Recovery Place by myself.

I'm sick of the chase each day. The search for that tiny pill just to feel normal.

I don't know what it's like to feel feelings clean and sober by myself. Like a grown 26 year old should be able to.

I once had 84 days clean after my first stint in a rehab and I relapsed while still living at my folks. Problem then was my significant other at the time of seven years whom I have a daughter with was an IV heroin addict and watching her downward spiral pulled me right back in.

Were no longer together and I share custody of our daughter 50/50. So this time is totally different. And I am doing this for me. As opposed to being forced and begged into treatment like I was the first time I went.

I'm just going to take this all day by day. I have to. If I don't in going to worry myself right back to snorting pills again.

That can no longer be an option for me. I've got such opportunity to take hold of in my life now and each year to come for the rest of my life.

I HAVE to do the right thing.

Thanks for your reply.

Think about your daughter, go back to those days clean and start counting again. One at a time. Let your family be there for you But don't expect something from them. You are STILL young. This is your chance.

I know that you may already be into detox or treatment by now. But if it helps others. I also live in FL and have been from north to south in detox. ( fav had to be Miami. At Jackson Crisis oooh yea,)
A big one for me was eating. The sooner you begin to replenish your body the better. The more food/ sleep you get the better you will feel.
The things i have learned helped the most was clonidine, as it would help me sleep. Other things like benedryl or vistaril aka hydroxyzine i believe. They may help a bit with some agitation or again sleep. And I've always had back pain which was usually received with a look of tough love and the
"what did you expect a morphine drip" - while they dump a big ibuprofen or RoBoxin in your hand. Thank you nurse, i know It's 3am. I haven't been to sleep but the 50mg benedryl will sure help. (Goes back to bed shaking from xanax and oxy) Oh Ya here is a
suppository, would you like our help or. ... No ladies you've helped enough.
At which point you just need relief, take it, one more adventure for you to tell your kids about when you experimented with drugs & putting things in your an¿s.

Of course if you'd been through this before, not a great feeling, until you leave then it can be ok. Just have that safety plan.!! I know that's the time when I've always decided to either try hardest or go right back.

Another thing to think about if you haven't, maintenance might be good "insurance" if you think you may want to use but know that you can not afford to lose what comes with using!! Be cautioned that you should only do so for a very short time period AND as low dose as you can stand. It may be worth a couple months of BUPE or Methadone vs. A relapse ,.?

Tbh. The last detox i went to was just for subutex and although i was there for 9+ days PAWS was making life difficult after, so MMT or BMT can be helpful for someone like your ex, (those resistant,or hesitant to change) if you would like to help them by explaining options that are not as dramatic as being sober everyday.
Frankly that's not for everyone,

Good luck, I would like to see that you come back and tell us that you are healthy and have no more reason to take any medicine or drug.

I've got such opportunity to take hold of in my life now and each year to come for the rest of my life...
Just once again. I am praying for you to be healthy and to reunite with your daughter and family.

I really wish I would have moved into a halfway house after I left treatment. My treatment was a bit different, It was a partial inpatient, basically after programming we lived in apartments and got to travel around the city for meetings and whatnot on our own. I thrived there, then I graduated the program and stayed for a few more months in this environment. It started to get unhealthy as I was surrounded by people all day in early recovery and I was expected to police the facility. So that included me having to get people kicked out for using, that wasn't an issue but I started to get attacked by the other people.

I eventually relapsed. I am clean now, but I do wish I would have just stuck with NA and gone to a halfway house. I would be much better off today I think. I set myself back a year or two.