• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Good, I know a lot of people with success switching from pharmaceutical opioids to kratom. It is a much easier withdrawal.

I already have my Kratom but I picked it up in June and wont be using till mid Dec; so could it have gone "bad"?

Price is not an issue at all; esp. since I was spending so much on dope anyway, so one buy of Kratom, based on my last picked-up and pricing, would be no issue. I was always told 10G's is the right dose.

I mean if plain leaf doesn't cut it for you then UEI would be your best bet. The problem is the cost of UEI - almost on par with dope IMO.

Question may have been asked before...

I came off of H and benzos C/T about 9 months ago. Very dark period of my life. Still particulary PAWS'y, but probably 90 percent of my symptoms are benzo related at this point. Good lord those nasty drugs never let go of you..

Anyway, question I have is, would it be redonkulously bad to take some kratom this far out? I really don't even plan on it until benzo paws is done fucking with me. Will it reset my opiate paws after one or two brief uses?

I don't even want to justify why I want to do it. If it's an extremely serious risk to my recovery, I wont. Any outside experience/advice, let me know.

GMSP

It's not going to reset your PAWS, it can definitely trigger psychological cravings after use since it's an opiate itself.

I have an issue somewhat related as well... I was using a combination of Kratom and actual opiates, mostly oxy awhile back, quit the opiates but stayed on Kratom. Finally quit the Kratom as well and had hellish withrawals, akin to a combination of both oxy and Kratom withdrawals - the Kratom was holding back the oxy withdrawals most definitely, even long after quitting the oxy. Then even after the worst was over, I kept messing with Kratom on and off briefly for a couple of months after that. This seemed to protract and delay the recovery from withdrawal. Now, I have been 7 weeks completely clean of Kratom and opiates up until this past weekend, when I gave in to some Kratom use again, due to what I feel was PAWS but I'm really not sure... the opiate use back then was very brief, but intense, a couple weeks of around the clock dosing, due to surgery... so could the Kratom have really been prolonging the PAWS symptoms from all the way back then? I have been addicted to oxy in the past as well so I understand the whole body remembering and getting re-addicted quicker thing. I definitely had anxiety, irritability, decreased tolerance/temper, headaches, and still this weird creepy crawly skin/restless/burning feeling in my legs. This was about 6 months after stopping the oxy and 4 months after stopping regular Kratom use, and 7 weeks after touching my last dose of Kratom at all. Could that little bit of oxy use way back really be responsible for this type of PAWS or is it the Kratom? And btw the, from just 2 days of a few uses, I'm withdrawing again. Not too hard, but it's definitely there.

I have an issue somewhat related as well... I was using a combination of Kratom and actual opiates, mostly oxy awhile back, quit the opiates but stayed on Kratom. Finally quit the Kratom as well and had hellish withrawals, akin to a combination of both oxy and Kratom withdrawals - the Kratom was holding back the oxy withdrawals most definitely, even long after quitting the oxy. Then even after the worst was over, I kept messing with Kratom on and off briefly for a couple of months after that. This seemed to protract and delay the recovery from withdrawal. Now, I have been 7 weeks completely clean of Kratom and opiates up until this past weekend, when I gave in to some Kratom use again, due to what I feel was PAWS but I'm really not sure... the opiate use back then was very brief, but intense, a couple weeks of around the clock dosing, due to surgery... so could the Kratom have really been prolonging the PAWS symptoms from all the way back then? I have been addicted to oxy in the past as well so I understand the whole body remembering and getting re-addicted quicker thing. I definitely had anxiety, irritability, decreased tolerance/temper, headaches, and still this weird creepy crawly skin/restless/burning feeling in my legs. This was about 6 months after stopping the oxy and 4 months after stopping regular Kratom use, and 7 weeks after touching my last dose of Kratom at all. Could that little bit of oxy use way back really be responsible for this type of PAWS or is it the Kratom? And btw the, from just 2 days of a few uses, I'm withdrawing again. Not too hard, but it's definitely there.

I think that Kratom completely prolongs PAWS and withdrawal from actual opiate. For about 9 months I combined 12 grams of kratom 3 times a day, with 30mg of oxycodone 3 times a day. My source for oxy got cut off, and I was stuck with just kratom. To my surprise, I had very little WD other than severe insomnia. No depression, no shits, no yawning or sneezing. No restless legs! I did notice I had to take a bit more kratom than normal though.

HOWEVER. Before, when I was taking kratom by itself, I would go months straight, multiple times a day, and quit no problem. Now, every 5 hours if I don't dose, I start yawning, getting severe restless legs, chills, sweats, and my back starts hurting very bad. I wake up twice a night shivering and kicking and redose with the kratom. I believe that this is actually the oxy withdrawals, and kratom is holding them from starting, similar to suboxone with dope. I never had WD from kratom before I mixed with actual opiates.

I also no longer get high from kratom. Yesterday I used oxy for the first time since I quit a few months ago. I only did 30mg, and I actually caught a nod, due to low tolerance. However this morning I woke up in SEVERE withdrawal. Took 15mg of oxy, and my normal kratom dose, and caught a little buzz, no WD.

I think mixing actual opies with kratom is what can lead some people to have severe withdrawal from kratom. This is why some people claim its impossible to WD from kratom, but others say the WD is hell. It just depends if you combine it with actual opiates or UEI.

I think that Kratom completely prolongs PAWS and withdrawal from actual opiate. For about 9 months I combined 12 grams of kratom 3 times a day, with 30mg of oxycodone 3 times a day. My source for oxy got cut off, and I was stuck with just kratom. To my surprise, I had very little WD other than severe insomnia. No depression, no shits, no yawning or sneezing. No restless legs! I did notice I had to take a bit more kratom than normal though.

HOWEVER. Before, when I was taking kratom by itself, I would go months straight, multiple times a day, and quit no problem. Now, every 5 hours if I don't dose, I start yawning, getting severe restless legs, chills, sweats, and my back starts hurting very bad. I wake up twice a night shivering and kicking and redose with the kratom. I believe that this is actually the oxy withdrawals, and kratom is holding them from starting, similar to suboxone with dope. I never had WD from kratom before I mixed with actual opiates.

I also no longer get high from kratom. Yesterday I used oxy for the first time since I quit a few months ago. I only did 30mg, and I actually caught a nod, due to low tolerance. However this morning I woke up in SEVERE withdrawal. Took 15mg of oxy, and my normal kratom dose, and caught a little buzz, no WD.

I think mixing actual opies with kratom is what can lead some people to have severe withdrawal from kratom. This is why some people claim its impossible to WD from kratom, but others say the WD is hell. It just depends if you combine it with actual opiates or UEI.

Shit you did oxy just once and woke up the next day in severe withdrawal? You've still been taking the Kratom without stopping ever since originally dropping the oxy though right?

Im just surprised at how I feel after months of not using oxy for the short term that I did, and then getting mild withdrawal from Kratom after being completely clean for almost 2 months. I admit I still didn't feel completely normal though. But Ive quit heavy opiate use before and never remember having to wait this long to feel normal.

Shit you did oxy just once and woke up the next day in severe withdrawal? You've still been taking the Kratom without stopping ever since originally dropping the oxy though right?

Im just surprised at how I feel after months of not using oxy for the short term that I did, and then getting mild withdrawal from Kratom after being completely clean for almost 2 months. I admit I still didn't feel completely normal though. But Ive quit heavy opiate use before and never remember having to wait this long to feel normal.

Maybe not severe withdrawal, but I had a soaked bed, watery eyes, my back hurt so fucking bad, and my stomach felt like it was going to fly out my asshole at any minute. Usually when I get the shits, is when I feel like I'm in pretty bad stage of withdrawal.

This has happened before too. There's been times since I got off the oxy that I'd do 2 days, or one day, and I'd still have insomnia, restless legs, etc for a full week. It has to be the kratom too, because when I was only using opiates, it took at least 3-5 days use, (3 days only if I was using heavy around the clock) to put me in any sort of withdrawal. Now, I use heavy for one day, and definitely feel the lethargy, restless legs, and shits of withdrawal after about 18-24 hours after my last dose. I've been through the ringer hundreds of times, and it is not mental, definitely physical.

Even without oxy, I take kratom religiously, every 4 waking hours. At about the 3 hour mark I start to get sweaty, yawny, water eyes, and by 4 hours the restless legs kick in. I don't feel any sort of high or mood lift from kratom anymore. I am just convinced that kratom is stopping me from going through the oxy withdrawal from before.

boys-

I am on 40MG methadone at the clinic and THINKING of just STOPPING and detoxing myself over the next 5 days since I DO NOT HAVE TO WORK; I have Kratom at the house, how would/could I use Kratom to help w/ this 5 day detox? do you guys think its a good idea to do this? I do NOT HAVE A CAR and getting a ride to the clinic is a pain in the ass so having this chance to quit is something I see as a good opportunity; I took my 40MG this AM at 7AM and do not want to take anything again; what do you guys think? how long before I start to get withdrawals? how bad will the withdrawals from 40MG even be? I've withdrawn from 2G day dope habit so 40MG methadone I cant see being that bad. also, I have Kratom to help out, should I even use it? how much do you use? would I even "feel it"?

help me out here, boys.

I honestly think you would be better with a relatively quick methadone taper... than kratom....

I know my chances of success.... attempting what you are discussing... would be very little!

I am already on what I consider a low dosage - 40MG. I was on 95 3 months back and now down to 40MG and not feeling much different, which is why I would like to drop it from here. I have no car, no nothing, so getting a ride to the clinic daily is becoming a hassle and so would be getting a ride to score any dope; so its a hassle either way you look at it. I just want to break away from having/needing SOMETHING in order to get by, ya know!? I want to get away from the methadone, the dope, the EVERYTHING and truly get away from drugs for a bit. well see what happens once I am able to break it but I feel this is a good time since I have the next 5 days to myself and able to stay home, be sick, withdraw, etc.

Shouldn't you be getting weekly carries by now? Getting a ride once a week wouldn't be so bad.

Good luck Boston. Sounds like you've stuck to your plan since the last thread we spoke on. You're almost where you know you should be. Keep up the good work.

Does anyone here ever "micro" dose kratom? I've found that 1g doses up to twice daily are incredibly useful as a study aid and mild mood lift. Doesn't appear to cause any tolerance either, if anything I think I've noticed some reverse tolerance kicking in!

^ Yep sure do. Sometimes I'll just take a gram or even less just for the mood lift. I only notice tolerance going up if I do it for like 3 days straight or something.

Great stuff. Straight up, I stopped messing around with soft after I found kratom. It serves a similar function in my line-up of substances.

I've been clean of opiates for about 70 hours, my DOC was oxy but I tapered with morphine, my last dose was 30mg of IR morph.

Yesterday was probably the worst (I went to work big mistake) and suffered all day, last night I was very restless but my appetite came back. I feel okay today but still sore everywhere and lethargic.

If I took 5g of kratom would it just reset my withdrawals and I have to go through the last 3 days again?

Does anyone here ever "micro" dose kratom? I've found that 1g doses up to twice daily are incredibly useful as a study aid and mild mood lift. Doesn't appear to cause any tolerance either, if anything I think I've noticed some reverse tolerance kicking in!

I do the same. 1 gram doses about two or three times daily. It works great as a mild stimulant like this. Provides motivation and mood enhancement.

Ive also noticed that tolerance doesnt seem to build much... or atleast it doesnt build quickly. Withdrawals are almost nonexistent for me upon cessation.

Status
Not open for further replies.