• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This must be a 1 in a million case this dude had. lol But tbh man I have had pretty rough withdrawals from Kratom myself with about 18-20 grams a day for a few months I say are about 85% the same as when I came off of a few month binge of 420 mg a day of oxy . Same damn bad RLS same yawning, watery nose eyes, aching bones , and muscles .

same here crunk. I am currently tapering down from about 10-15 grams of red vein powder daily and im experiencing some pretty heavy withdrawls. Definitely not equivelant to opiate withdrawls but its a lot worse imo than everything ive been told. Most people talk about sleeplessness during wd's but what i get is the opposite, I cant stay awake.. and cant focus my attention on anything when i am awake. If im in a car for more than 20 minutes i stand no chance of staying awake. That, along with the restlessness, anxiety and constant aggravation remind me a lot of opiate wd

same here crunk. I am currently tapering down from about 10-15 grams of red vein powder daily and im experiencing some pretty heavy withdrawls. Definitely not equivelant to opiate withdrawls but its a lot worse imo than everything ive been told. Most people talk about sleeplessness during wd's but what i get is the opposite, I cant stay awake.. and cant focus my attention on anything when i am awake. If im in a car for more than 20 minutes i stand no chance of staying awake. That, along with the restlessness, anxiety and constant aggravation remind me a lot of opiate wd

half of it is the outher alcalods aswell the adrenal stimulants and mabye some act on dopamine,10-15 is not mutch if im honest.mabye you should get some dl phenylalanine?

Ok, I need to ask a serious question to all people who are experienced with Kratom.

I've discussed this with tons of people on here and I get different answers all the time:

If a person can keep Kratom usage to no more than 2-3 days a week with plain leaf (3 days MAX) is it likely that they can avoid physical dependence??

Note, I am NOT asking whether or not a person CAN keep it to 3 days a week, or whether or not they'll become Psychologically addicted, only whether or not it is realistically feasible to assume that if a person keeps their usage to 3 days a week max, that they won't become physically dependent.

I have been told by some experienced users that 3 days a week is most likely NOT enough to become physically dependent, and SO FAR (knock on would) keeping it to usually 2 days a week has not caused me to become physically dependent.

However, some posters will say that it is NOT possible to avoid physical dependence by keeping it to 3 days a week, so I don't know what to believe.

Also, when people say there is a "ceiling dose" for Kratom which if you go beyond it you won't get high, isn't that ceiling effect also dependent on your tolerance and your sweet spot?

Like, if you usually feel good on 2 1/2 teaspoons and your ceiling dose is 3 1/2 at which point you will no longer get high, then when your sweet spot increases to being 3 1/2 teaspoons won't your ceiling dose also raise to like 4 1/2 or something?

I've been feeling fine with Kratom so far.

I haven't had WDs and I've kept it REASONABLY moderate.

But here was a post I got from someone else here:

"Hey Mycophile, I have some of the same problems as you only I'm an opioid addict as well, so I can offer you some insight of what your life will be like if you decide to keep dosing kratom three times per week. At this rate you WILL become physically dependent, it will just take a little longer. Drugs like kratom as one of the above posters said work on the Mu opiate receptor in the brain, in turn it releases large amounts of dopamine in of the most primal parts of brain, at first. Eventually tolerance sets in and you can no longer get those beneficial effects. If I'm not mistaken kratom also has a ceiling dose, meaning it doesn't get more potent as you increase dose, so when you hit the ceiling, the party's over. There are 3 main parts involved and one part controls memory, meaning you'll never forget the good feelings you got from that causing you
to have cravings for the rest of your life. They dim over time, but they'll be there for life. Also, since you'll be dependent, if you ever use it again you'll be dependent and be in withdrawal from only a few days use."

So, is this guy right?

And if so, how infrequently do people think I need to dose to avoid physical dependence?

I like Kratom and I've felt confident in my ability to not abuse it way too much too far and I don't want to have to completely quit but if I have to I will.

I would rather tone it down to once a week than quit though and I'd assume this is possible and every experience I've had so far leads me to believe it is, but then someone says something like this and I question all of the advice I've gotten thus far.

Last edited:
^^ Nobody is going to be able to give a 100% answer on if 3 days a week will cause dependence. You said you are doing fine with 2 days a week, well there's only one way to find out how you would feel on 3 days a week.

"Also, since you'll be dependent, if you ever use it again you'll be dependent and be in withdrawal from only a few days use." This is total bullshit though. I used plain leaf kratom daily for over 2 years, stopped for 6 months or so and now I take it occasionally. Never had any physical WD come up and I know the kratom WD very well.

^^ Nobody is going to be able to give a 100% answer on if 3 days a week will cause dependence. You said you are doing fine with 2 days a week, well there's only one way to find out how you would feel on 3 days a week.

"Also, since you'll be dependent, if you ever use it again you'll be dependent and be in withdrawal from only a few days use." This is total bullshit though. I used plain leaf kratom daily for over 2 years, stopped for 6 months or so and now I take it occasionally. Never had any physical WD come up and I know the kratom WD very well.

I think this guy may not be experienced with Kratom and just other opioids but from what I've read there are some differences between Kratom and regular opiates.

Can I ask you how often you have used Kratom a week at the absolute max while still avoiding physical dependence?

And also, isn't a person's ceiling dose dependent on their sweet spot?

Like, if your tolerance increases and your sweet spot raises then doesn't your ceiling dose, beyond the point where you can't get high, just increase along with your tolerance?

With Kratom no two people seem to be of the same opinion.

So many people here talk about it likes its not a big deal while others make it sound like I'm gonna suddenly wake up one day shaking and vomiting my guts out from 3 days a week.

Fuck, I guess I'm just on my own here.

What gets me is that with every other drug I've ever done "what felt right" ended up working out, meaning that if I thought I was using too much I did my best to dial it back and because I have never been into very addictive drugs I've generally been alright.

But when I have people telling me that "what feels like it's working" to me isn't to be trusted, that I can be fine dosing 2 or 3 days a week but one day I'm going to wake up physically dependent in Withdrawal, well then I don't know what to believe.

If I trust myself and what I've experienced thus far I think two days a week will probably always be fine, that 3 is pushing it, and more than that is trouble k...if I trust others everyone has a different opinion.

I guess there's really no guidebook to Kratom at all and everyone is on their own with it.

Speak for yourself, last time I quit was for around 6 or 7 months and I was back in withdrawal after maybe 3 or 4 doses within a 3 day period, legit withdrawal too. With that said I have taken many, many breaks during the 4 or so years of using kratom, perhaps this is a factor. Like they say, every time you quit withdrawal becomes easier and easier to trigger... unfortunately this has been my experience.

I will say that this wasn't an issue during the beginning phases of addiction, or should I say the first few times I took a break... somewhere within the first year of addiction. As long as you take a step back when noticing the first hints of physical addiction you should be able to resume infrequent dosing after a break, ymmv.

Simple question: I took 2 3/4 teaspoons Green Malay earlier and was starting to feel nice, so I took another 3/4 teaspoons and my high completely went away.

Is this just a result of the ceiling effect of me passing my sweet spot by taking too much so the high went away?

Has anyone experienced this before and would people recommend I take smaller doses?

Seems to be the case but I haven't heard anyone else say that taking too much resulted in them feeling like they'd never dosed at all.

Thanks

Kratom was never a full blown high for me, it's kind of subtle. Sweet spot for me would give me an energy boost with a little euphoria. Sometimes it would fade and not return the next dose of the day. I would just be left with the content feeling and being able to sleep easy. If I took too much I would get eye wobbles but the high never really disappeared on me. Thais would give me the most euphoria but would also make me irritated/moody sometimes so try different strains maybe?

And for the tolerance question- I never tried to limit myself when I first started, I just ate it daily. But now I only have a small amount which I have used occasionally over the last two months. Probably never more than 3 times a week and sometimes not at all in a week so it has varied, but I haven't had any WD even with me being dependent on it in the past.

If you are just using plain leaf you won't wake up instantly vomiting and in tremors. But it can sneak up on you. You will probably feel really heavy, maybe a little fatigued when you get up. A little sniffy nose/yawning. That's how it started for me. I never had nausea when I quit cold turkey. My shit wasn't solid for a good while but I didn't have stomach pains, I think it was the lack of fiber since my body was receiving around an ounce of plant matter daily lol.

Last edited:
^^^^^

So, from the way you make it sound the withdrawal isn't really that bad unless maybe you get WDs and DON'T back off and start cutting down or take a break for a while right?

I mean, isn't it as simple as saying that if you start to feel a little shitty then recognize it might be withdrawal and don't do any for a little while?

But the way some people have made it sound at times is as if your fucked if you get a little WD.

It just doesn't seem to me to be so extreme like Heroin addiction or anything.

And how much were you using during the time you were addicted, in terms of days a week and amount a day?

Also, do the extracts lead to people waking up puking and shit?

Cause if so, if I end up trying those I'd probably keep it to once a week.

I used every day probably around an ounce of plain leaf a day. Multiple times a day, maybe 6-7 doses throughout the day. The WD was shitty for me, but manageable. This was after a long period of daily use so I think I experienced the worst plain leaf WD can throw at someone. I was able to quit cold turkey but took some phenibut for a few days (careful with that) and was able to function and go to work during. I was kind of depressed and mopey for 2 weeks. There definitely is a WD, but I don't think it is what you are thinking. IDK, everyone is different.

And yeah the extracts will produce a stronger high but also raise your tolerance and probably get you dependent a lot quicker. Stick with plain leaf. My tolerance plateaued with plain leaf around an ounce a day.

I suppose everyone will be different. For someone who was up to around 30 grams per day, the withdrawal was pretty bad. I would say it's mostly psychological and if you aren't prepared for the horrifying mind fuck, thinking, knowing the whole world is in on some cruel joke against you, then I would caution people against obtaining a dependence to Kratom.

what is Kratom?

I saw it at a smoke shop and im just curious about what it is and does?

Just got 9,000MG of Red Vein extract capsules: I indulge in quite a bit of IR30's. (3-4 day)

What should the dosage be? I want to nod out.

8:50- 4,200MG down

Damn....some of you take some insane amounts

Just got my Red vein Borneo.....it is by far and away the best kratom I've come across....and I've tried like 10 different strains....this stuff for real feels like an opiate....only one out of the 10 that I can say that about

Also got some tianepine....I'm on the fence about this stuff....felt a buzz off 100mg, but not even close to my Borneo....night and day difference

Oh and that guy who just posted above me is going to be sick as a dog

Damn....some of you take some insane amounts

Just got my Red vein Borneo.....it is by far and away the best kratom I've come across....and I've tried like 10 different strains....this stuff for real feels like an opiate....only one out of the 10 that I can say that about

Also got some tianepine....I'm on the fence about this stuff....felt a buzz off 100mg, but not even close to my Borneo....night and day difference

Oh and that guy who just posted above me is going to be sick as a dog

Dude I swapped my kratom 15-25grams a day to a 1-1.3 gram a day tianeptine habbit . Let me tell you I like it more then my 30mg oxy instant releases I get every month . Pound 350mg of that tianeptine down man. This stuff is no joke man you will get hooked like me on tianeptine if you use the amount I do . Hell 18grams of kratom all in 1 go didn't even touch the WD of tianeptine . So that tells you something there. Just stopped ordering kratom altogether , and now I get 40-50 grams tianeptine a month . I thought tianeptine was a joke. lol How wrong was i . Its OK though I have come to the conclusion that I will use some type of opiate the rest of my life , and my oxy, kratom and tianeptine sure beats going back on 4-6 baggies of smack a day like I use to . I have been snorting tianeptine , and making caps and on the good side no more taking 30+ caps of kratom at a time. 1 cap of tianeptine is all it takes . I prob need to up my dose on it again to catch a good nod , but around 400-450 should do it for me. I just hope i don't turn to the needle route. :/ At least its pretty clean though compared to my smack I use to get , and its better then crushing and filtering these 30mg roxies and shooting them .

I heard some good things from a friend that was shooting tianeptine 300mg stra8 in the vain . He claims he likes it better then smack. I just don't think IM gonna go that route ;because I got on kratom to get me off of oxy , and heroin , but its hard to not just keep getting my script for 120 30mg roxies a month so I just let em pile up got over 5000 of these lil blu 30mg roxies. ;) So when times get rough I got a pile for life. I just pop one when I go in for blood work for the doc to see em in my system , and the xanax lets not go there don't know how many them blu 2mgs I got .

Also man don't listen to a lot of the people that say tianeptine is bad on the liver ;because its mostly cleaned out by your kidneys . I find this to be a lot cleaner high then kratom on par with oxy . Kratom is so wishy washy to me some days it will put me on my ass some I take 20 grams , and don't even know I took it . Tianeptine has only been found to be bad on your liver if you take 600 fold more then the recommended 12.5mg dose so don't take more then 7500mg in one setting . Who would take that much at one time anyhow . It would probably be enough to kill even the most opiate tolerant person in the world .

BTW I feel like kratom was a lot worse on my body then tianeptine ;because sometimes after a 20 gram dose my liver seemed to hurt and my insides altogether would hurt I would also get a headache , and sometime I just felt week and sick with it . Tianeptine on the other hand like I said above is a much cleaner high on par with the speedy euphoric warmth oxy gives me . I think 350mg tianeptine is about the same as 60mg oxy 450mg tianeptine may be closer to about 100mg oxy this is just me though . I did make one mistake the other day mixing about 250mg ice aka meth with my tianeptine seemed to cause what felt like serotonin toxicity symptoms in me . Want do it again .

If you are interested in some research about tianeptine let me know , and I will pm it to you. Its a good read! :)

Last edited:
Man I haven't done pills in almost a year.:..if I had the stash you have I'd be done....stick a fork in me.....used to have a stash of benzos but I've been off them for almost 3 years now.....never hit them very hard cause I was drinking all the time...they were just my morning boosters and night caps

kratom is good with me. here's the thing, though. it's crazy. maybe some of you can help me with insight. using kratom daily for about 2 months. no problem. really love it. a couple of days ago, i'm getting allergic reactions in my hand. painful swelling,red. i've had food allergy like this before. i thought, maybe this maybe that. ate nothing last night, just had kratom. had the reaction. very tiny bit to eat this morning. 1/2 dose of kratom. had the reaction. holy shit, could i be allergic to kratom after 2 months? does this make any sense? .. tried a new strain recently, but the reaction didn't start until about a week later. i did start using a different brand of lemon juice .. i make the tea, can't do the powder at all, so i use lemon juice. found out some folks react to the preservative in this new lemon juice. long story short, i'm really hoping it's not the kratom. will try this afternoon making the kratom with limes. .. jeez. would like hearing from anyone else who's had allergic reactions. thanks.

my god, that was a rambling post. my main question is, does it make any sense at all to anyone that i'd be experiencing an allergic reaction to kratom after using daily for 2 - 3 months? & it did not start right away with a new strain. it started about a week later. ok. thanks again.

It's possible, yes. Allergies can suddenly present after long periods of non-problematic exposure to something. I have to imagine that kratom allergies are pretty rare, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.