• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to try Kratom as an aid to watch documentaries with on a night and relax with a spliff or two, ill take the Kratom on it's own first, are the effects of kratom as prominent as a cannabis high? I don't really want a background buzz i want something that will get me really relaxed and chilled but really don't want to go down the "Real" opiate route, I was thinking about getting 100g of Red Vein Bali as iv heard thats a nice relaxing one, and it's very cheap

It sure makes a better alternative to alcohol for these purposes. The red vein never did it for me (could just be the brand I used).

Don't buy the extracts or concentrated manmade forms, take the natural leaf or powder and get it from a reputable source.

Be sure not to take it daily though because I've read hundreds of reports and some people are getting hardcore addicted to what is falsely advertised as "a mild herb as benign as coffee" and shit like that.

Sorry if I'm ranting but few things piss me off as much as the hypocrisy of pro-legalization advocates who resort to the same lying tactics as the prohibitionists use.

Thanks for the advice :) I did end up ordering some, i don't have a scale to weigh out so should i just go with say 2 heaped teaspoons to get into the 4-6g range?

Once you get to daily usage it actually helps bowel movements, like I would just take one big shit a day, and not have to wipe at all. Of course when you hit withdrawals you get that rebound diarrhea lol

Daily usage for 2 weeks was only to relieve multiple conditions that only harder drugs would have relieved otherwise.

Only people who NEED it should take it daily.

Taken once a week maximum it retains its recreational value. By the end of 2 weeks of daily use it was barely recreational, more like I'm gonna take more just to get through my bullshit job and that path could only lead to addiction.

Thanks for the advice :) I did end up ordering some, i don't have a scale to weigh out so should i just go with say 2 heaped teaspoons to get into the 4-6g range?

Potency can vary so much between different strains and vendors that it's hard to recommend a good starting dose but from my experiences 2 teaspoons sounds about right for a first time dose.

Use the measuring spoons used for cooking as those are standardized and just be careful to stop if you find yourself taking it every day or more often than planned.

Daily usage for 2 weeks was only to relieve multiple conditions that only harder drugs would have relieved otherwise.

Only people who NEED it should take it daily.

Taken once a week maximum it retains its recreational value. By the end of 2 weeks of daily use it was barely recreational, more like I'm gonna take more just to get through my bullshit job and that path could only lead to addiction.
It took me about 5 months of daily usage before tolerance started to be a problem, so thats unfortunate you only got 2 weeks out of it. Currently I'm taking a lowish dose at night so I can go to sleep, the withdrawals to me seemed really bad but my tolerance got way out of hand so it was my fault for sure.

Tolerance built slowly for me as well, I don't have an exact timeline but I do know that I was dosing 4-6g a day for almost the first year. The problem started to arise in the long run. After the constant roller coaster of tolerance rising then taking a break it became faster and easier for tolerance to rise back up to where it was before a break... guess that's just the nature of the game though. Fwiw this wasn't a huge issue until maybe 3 years of daily use.

I've read many reports and some people seem to take it daily for some time with no problem wheres others build a tolerance more rapidly.

I think individual body chemistry plays a big role here.

I just think that for someone just trying it, its an important thing to keep in mind, that the addiction potential is real and can be serious and unless you need it every day for a medical condition or prescription opiate withdrawal why not play it safe and avoid daily use? You get much better effects that way too.

I'm not experiencing withdrawals maybe just a little rebound lack of motivation but I think, in the name of harm reduction and to keep it legal by keeping its users responsible, we should make sure they're aware of the real addiction potential that is not mentioned or greatly minimized on many biased sources on the web.

Basically your millage may vary but why risk it to begin with when you can get better effects taking it only once in a while?

Oh my goodness. EVERYONE I've ANSWERED TO:
I totally forgot to mention that my Kratom is an extremely fine powder when purchased. Are you guys just swallowing twigs and leaves? YUCK ! Even the leaf maeng da i purchase i bust up with a grinder, before i toss n' wash.

On a side note i need to figure out how to capitalize my "i's" on my phone. Spelling and grammatical errors drive me crazy!

I'm not experiencing withdrawals maybe just a little rebound lack of motivation but I think, in the name of harm reduction and to keep it legal by keeping its users responsible, we should make sure they're aware of the real addiction potential that is not mentioned or greatly minimized on many biased sources on the web.
Isn't it annoying seeing the "kratom is no more addictive than coffee withdrawal" BS that's all over kratom forums? IMO spouting that out will cause more harm than good in regards to kratom legalization. If history is anything to go on hospitalizations are typically what lead to the demise of legal substances, if joe schmoe is under the impression that kratom withdrawal is as easy as suffering a few days of headaches and anxiety he will be more inclined to frequently use large amounts. All of a sudden joe's package fails to arrive or he decides to quit and he's unprepared for what's to come, this type of situation may lead to him admitting himself to a hospital thinking something is seriously wrong or in an attempt to score meds... It's just not a good idea to downplay withdrawal potential.

With that said for many people kratom withdrawal really isn't all that bad and I think it's entirely up to the individual to determine whether the benefits of daily use outweigh the negatives of being dependant. It's a good idea to assume the worst when it comes to withdrawal intensity when making any decisions, but I don't believe you necessarily must have some serious ailment or need to begin daily dosing. Those issues in regards to tolerance and loss of effectiveness aren't an issue for the majority of users, so for them they obtain more benefit from regular use than someone who does encounter those problems.

As with all substances individual chemistry is vital, this is exactly why the choice to use daily should be made based upon both positive and negative anecdote as well as the users experiences. For me, kratom withdrawal is certainly not pleasant, but It's nothing I can't handle and with the right assortment of comfort meds (gabapentin, magnesium, baclofen, cannabis, and a benzo) I feel literally 90% fine. The years and years of continuous benefit I receive from kratom will always outweigh the week of withdrawal, by a long shot. It's for this reason you'll hardly see me try convince anyone that kratom addiction should be avoided at all costs, for some it's an easy decision. All you can do is provide the knowledge for which somebody makes their decision upon, both the good and the bad...

Ok... its been 2 weeks and 2 days ive been taking kratom. 2 teaspoons a dose about 3 times a day. Well.. yesterday i did 4 doaages. Big mistake. I think i over dosed forbthe 24 hours. Ive been nauseated since yeaterday at lunch. And woke up dizzy.lol. still a little dizzy and slight nausea. Dont take 4 dosages! Id say max should be 2 a day. And doing this daily is not a good idea. Im not feeling the nice feeling it gave me the first week .in getting off for a while. And i desperately need to drop the 2 teaspoons to a lesser amount.

Ok guys, one question for you all who are well experienced. I have a dizzy spell that is lingering. It's not as badas the past 2 days but its still here. I ducked down to get something and the whole room spun a bit. How long before this symptom goes? One guy said he had it for 3 days if i remember.

Ok guys, one question for you all who are well experienced. I have a dizzy spell that is lingering. It's not as badas the past 2 days but its still here. I ducked down to get something and the whole room spun a bit. How long before this symptom goes? One guy said he had it for 3 days if i remember.

Are you drinking enough water and eating a balanced diet. Perhaps constipation is keeping it from moving through your system fast enough? If that's the case prunes might help and lots of fruits and vegetables. This will also give you electrolytes you might be deficient in. A multivitamin might help too.

whats the best advice on a taper for me if Iv been using about 1.5g twice daily? should i change to 1 bigger dose a day instead? say tomorrow i just dose 2g? then drop 0.2g off every day?

Are you drinking enough water and eating a balanced diet. Perhaps constipation is keeping it from moving through your system fast enough? If that's the case prunes might help and lots of fruits and vegetables. This will also give you electrolytes you might be deficient in. A multivitamin might help too.

Yup, trying to eat good and im taking multi vitamin pills.my urinev this morning was very dark amber. Concerning. But no pain in my obdominal area. Thank god! Nausea is gone this morning, finally! After almost 4 days of it. I still have woobly eyes.

whats the best advice on a taper for me if Iv been using about 1.5g twice daily? should i change to 1 bigger dose a day instead? say tomorrow i just dose 2g? then drop 0.2g off every day?

I would just stop altogether. 3g a day is a pretty small habit I can't imagine the withdrawal will be very bad, if in fact you get any at all. If it is bad for some reason then I would NOT combine both doses into one, if your body is used to 1.5g then taking 2g would probably get you high and that is certainly not good if you are trying to taper down. I would just take the .2 off each dose and so take 1.3g twice for a day or two, then 1.1g twice the next day or two and so on. Like I said, 3g is a pretty small dose so it shouldn't be too difficult. Good luck man :)

2 Problems I've been having lately with Kratom:

1) Most importantly, does anyone else ever find that they sometimes don't get euphoria from Kratom if they take too much, and if so, what is your solution to either making sure it doesn't happen (how can you be sure you won't take too much?) or more importantly, how can you get the euphoria to come back if you already took too much??

Like, right now I think I dosed too high because I have very little euphoria, so I'm thinking maybe I should just wait till some wears off before taking more?

Part of me wants to take more right now but I think if I do it will be even worse and then I'll get no euphoria at all today whereas MAYBE if I wait a while and then take more I can get some euphoria...

2) Does Kratom ever make people REALLY irritable?

Cause it does for me.

Like, yesterday even though I felt good, even at the same time I'd be really irritable and little things would annoy me.

I've heard that this is a side effect of Kratom that many other people get.

How do you prevent or deal with this?

Do people find that they get less if they dose lower?

3) Also, one last question I have is is Kratom ok to take with Anti fungal antiobiotics like Azithromycin or does it in any way lesson the effective ness of the anti biotics or is it in any way unsafe to take with them?

There's something I may need to take Azithormycin for for about 5 days and want to know if it's ok to take Kratom on it.

Thanks

Last edited:
1) I have noticed the same thing definitely. The sweet spot for me is usually around 8-10 grams, any more and I get that sick-ish feeling that isn't altogether unenjoyable but certainly less so than a smaller dose would have been. With me it seems it's not that higher doses don't produce euphoria, it's just that the side effects make it harder to enjoy. Personally I would wait before you take anymore, I always wait at least 6, preferably 8 hours between doses.

2) Actually I have experienced this effect from ALL the opioids I have ever used recreationally, not just kratom. For whatever reason things that would only sort off annoy me when sober would be very irritating while on opiates. It seems backwards since opiates make you feel good you would think that you would be less irritable, but alas, that is often not the case. Some people seem to get this effect much more than others and the only thing I could suggest would be to try a lower dose. My friends and I used to refer to this effect as narc-rage.

3) To the best of my knowledge, antibiotics shouldn't effect the action of kratom or other opioids and in fact they are often perscribed together by practitioners. I am actually taking amoxicillin currently after finishing a z-pack (azithromycin) for a possible infection in one of my teeth, and I never noticed and difference in the action of my kratom while using either of the antibiotics. However, it is always a good idea to tell your doctor about whatever you are taking because everyone is different.

Hope this helps, have a good one man.

Too much kratom is for sure no fun.....if you really are chasing a opiated high this stuff is prolly not for you

I get the irritability, but just find a quiet space, lay down, and chill and it goes away. I find redosing actually brings back the euphoria, but I gather I'm in the minority. If you're feeling nauseous, overwhelmed, and anxious I wouldn't take more. I also find that while nicotine has great synergy with kratom, too much really turns the experience negative. Light dose of benzos can easily remedy the situation but use sparingly and be careful. They shouldn't be the answer to everything and their addiction potential is a real concern.

have defiantly found my favorite.......borneo red is where its at.....longest acting, most opiate like by a long shot

Status
Not open for further replies.