• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting Focalin XR

Hugh_Myron

Greenlighter
Okay so a couple months ago I had a Focalin 20mg XR pill before. I crushed it up and snorted it. I'm not sure if I snorted it right and I lost some of the powder, just a little though. I drank a Monster about 30 minutes before and snorted all of it in one go. I think I crushed it decently and snorted it decently but both could've been done better. I got mild mood lift and mild to medium comedown. Comedown wasn't a big deal though and went away after a little bit. This was the first and only Methylphenidate I have ever taken.

So now I have about 50mg worth of Focalin XR. I put them in a shot glass and crushed most of them with the back of a knife. I'm planning on snorting them tomorrow. I'm planning on snorting a little more than half of the pile (around ~30mg of 50mg total). I have all of it in a shot glass so I'll have to guess about 30mg worth. Then I'll snort the remaining ~20mg once the high starts going down. So I have several questions.

1. Is it safe to snort the powder with the crushed time release beads still in there or is it not a big deal?

2. If it's bad, how do I separate the crushed beads from the actual Focalin grains?

I'm not sure how to correctly snort drugs. This is only my second time snorting something.

3. With what power and speed should I snort this? With moderate power and speed (as apposed to a slow steady inhale) or should I snort the line fast and hard?

4. Is the straw I use suppose to be just at the entrance of my nose or far back my nose? Also, am I suppose to feel it running down the back of my throat or is it suppose to dissolve in my nose? I'm not sure how snorting works.

5. Does my plan sound good (snort about ~30mg worth and snort the remaining ~20mg in about an hour) or would you recommend something else?

My goal is to attain euphoria. I'd rather snort a lot and have a good rush and intense euphoria for 30-60 minutes and not have any left then to have a decent buzz for a little while and then be able to redose. So going back to question 5, what would you recommend (a usually have a higher than normal natural tolerance to drugs, 20mg didn't do much for me.)?

Sorry for the long post and tedious questions, I want to get it right as Focalin is really hard to find so I can hardly ever get it. I also want to snort correctly so I don't waste anything and for future sessions too. Please answer all questions you know the answers too, especially question 5 and the paragraph after it as that's the most important to me. Thanks a lot!

1. To my knowledge the beads must be crushed into fine powder then snorted. Similar to Adderall XR.

2. I have no idea, I've never done focalin but luckily enough I'm getting a coulple 15mg XR pills tomorrow. Gonna crush n snort as well on my 5-day binge next week.

3. I really think this is negligible. I mean once a substance is snorted, some of it WILL be absorbed into the nasal membranes to cross the BBB and activate whatever transmitters. The rest drips down the throat into the stomach to then be digested. But it's already crushed to the XR isn't an issue obv.

4. See 3. Again I'm sure this is negligible. I've snorted many drugs. Fast n hard. All worked. No probs. haven't snorted speed tho so if it happens to be different with these then whatever but I doubt.

5. From what I've read Focalin(DEXmethylphenidate) is twice as potent as Methylphenidate. So unless you have a cross tolerance or a tolerance to ritalin then please do not snort 30mg Dex-MPH. That's madness. Will prob be very uncomfortable. Id actually halve that dose or even just snort 10mg and wait an hour. If the euphoric state you desire hasn't reached then redose 5mg-10mg every (idk how long, just play by ear?)

Good luck. Fly safe. I can't wait for my binge! First real upper I'll be doing. Besides blow, that blew.

Dex-methylphenidate is not recreational at all. Most people would agree with me. I know people who have IV'd it and they just felt caffienated. I hope you enjoy those anyway, because they are worthless where I'm from. Focalin is like caffeine to me.

My friend SWIM is wondering how to properly prepare instant release dexmethylphenidate (Focalin) . Can any of you very experienced users help SWIM out?