The Official Nurseebol NEMD Thread she does what she wants, deal w/ it or come see me

Not much in music news so...
black-metaller.jpg

Last edited:
What the fack exactly is going on here
I might have to come see some body and yank some weak sauce young jedi braids

^She did it. Not me. Now I get to play in my mess. Nah nah nah ;)

Last edited:
Vasco Rossi has been around for years, but why have we never heard of him? Good question. I suppose it is because we have our share of rock-n-rollers. But this man fits the bill and deserves some credit here in the states.
The only American collaboration I have seen with him has been with Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins.
Taylor Hawkins played drums for his single "L'uomo piu semplice" . And Dave Grohl recorded the song "Dreaming Again" - lyrics written by Vasco. Dave had this to say about Vasco:

I have known in Italy Vasco Rossi and his music, real rock, hard and raw, hairless stomach. (During an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine , 2007)

He is also getting long in the tooth, so it may as well be now that we learn of him. He fills up stadiums in Italy like nobody's business and writes some kick ass songs. Give him a try....or not. I will paste the bio that floats around below as well. But to appreciate him you have to explore his long discography. So glad I got to know Vasco. OH, and he doesn't give a fuck what people think. That is what I like the most.

[video=youtube_share;_OYEQLv8Eb8]http://youtu.be/_OYEQLv8Eb8[/video]

Eh Gia Lyrics
It already
Seemed like the end of the world
But I'm still here
It takes skills
Already
The cold comes and then goes away
It's time to invent another devilry
It already
Seemed like the end of the world
But I'm still here
And there's nothing wrong
There's nothing to change
With the heart that beats faster
With the life that comes and goes wrong
You don't sell it to the devil
You give it to him
With a repenting soul
Half and half
With the air, with the sun
With anger in the heart
With hatred, with love
In four words
I'm still here
Already
Already
I'm still here
Already
Now I'm vaccinated, you know
It takes imagination
So, what can be done?
Already
Take back the life you want
I'll always remain poised
More or less, up and down
Farther, higher
Farther, higher
Farther, higher
Farther, higher
Farther, higher
Farther
With what you can't take
With what you can't give
And then the soul that surrenders
To the melancholy
Then I'm crying and after I'm laughing
And I can't decide myself
What will happen?
It can't be sold to the devil
I'm still here
Already
Already
I'm still here
Already
Already
I'm still here
I'm still here
Already
Already

Artist Biography by Aurelio Pasini
"Doubtless Italy's one and only true rock star, Vasco Rossi is not only the most successful Italian singer since the 1980s, but he is also the most realistic and consistent incarnation of the triad of sex, drugs (or alcohol), and rock & roll. Ignored -- when not hated -- by the critics but adored by his fans, Rossi was the first Italian artist to tour the stadiums (at the end of the 1980s), reaching the apex of a popularity that has survived uncountable trend changes and at least two full decades. His songs, heavy riff-based rockers and romantic power ballads, and his lyrics made him a sort of a prophet for a generation of disappointed youngsters who found in them an escape, a door to an easier, reckless life: the "Vita Spericolata" described in one of his most famous hits.

...Ma Cosa Vuoi Che Sia una Canzone Born in Zocca, near Modena, February 4, 1952, the son of a housewife and a truck driver, Rossi had his first musical experiences when, at 13, he won a festival for young singers. In the 1970s he moved to Bologna, where he got in touch with the local singer/songwriter scene; in the same years he was also one of the founders of Punto Radio, one of the first private radio stations of Italy. There he met Gaetano Curreri, the future singer of Stadio, and Maurizio Solieri. Following their advice, in 1977 Rossi released his first single, "Jenny"/"Silvia," followed by the albums ...Ma Cosa Vuoi Che Sia una Canzone (197 and Non Siamo Mica Gli Americani (1979, later renamed Albachiara, from its most famous song). Equally influenced by 1960s Italian pop, '70s singers/songwriters, and U.S. rock, those records showed an interesting but not yet mature personality, with a bizarre sense of humor that would gradually disappear in his next releases. Colpa d'Alfredo (1980) and Siamo Solo Noi (1981) gained him a wider audience, as did Vado al Massimo, whose title track finished last at the 1982 edition of the Sanremo Music Festival, where Rossi returned in 1983 with "Vita Spericolata," the song that led him -- and the album Bollicine -- to the top of the charts.
Fronte del Palco: Live A magic moment of which the live album Va Bene, Va Bene Così was a vivid photograph, suddenly turned into nightmare when Rossi was arrested for cocaine possession. Three weeks of detention, though, were not enough to stop his career, and his return with Cosa Succede in Città (1985) and C'è Chi Dice No (1986) was triumphant. Liberi, Liberi (198, his first record on EMI, saw him momentarily split with producer Guido Elmi and with his backing band -- in which a pivotal role was played by guitarists Solieri and Massimo Riva -- who in the meantime had started releasing records on their own under the moniker Steve Rogers Band. The resulting tour was documented by the monumental Fronte del Palco (1990) and by Vasco Live 10.7.90 San Siro (1991), recorded in the famous Milan stadium. Rossi was then a real rock star, the only one who could compete with international superstars such as the Rolling Stones, U2, or Madonna, and although he had never gained a particular following outside Italy, nothing seemed to stop him.
Gli Spari SopraGli Spari Sopra (1993), his most ambitious work to date, was recorded with the help of an international cast of musicians, such as drummer Vinnie Colaiuta and Eurythmics' Dave Stewart, and was followed by the rocking Nessun Pericolo...Per Te (1996) and the relatively more intimate Canzoni per Me (199. His only live appearance of 1998, at Imola's Heineken Jammin' Festival in front of 120,000 fans, can be heard on Rewind (1999). Stupido Hotel (2001) was the first Rossi record after the death by overdose of old friend Massimo Riva -- who, along with Maurizio Solieri, was once again part of his backing band -- and was followed in 2004 by Buoni o Cattivi. To promote its release, Rossi organized a free concert in Catanzaro, attended by 400,000 people. In 2005, Milan's IULM university graduated him honoris causa in communication sciences.
In January 2007 Rossi declared that he's "a bit tired of making albums," preferring to concentrate on one song at a time. Hence the release of the single "Basta Poco," which is backed by a cover of Lucio Battisti's "La Compagnia." "

Don't lol Vasco, but I see u r not trolling. I almost missed ur post in the surfboard thread, I am on a Lounge Fast U know.
I want to take my dtr to Italy when she is a bit older and see some musicians I Iike. Hoping my friend there will have me over and I can learn some of the language tho I think I'd be ok with English

Last edited:
I wasn't trolling it's just that it's strange to see him mentioned on BL :)

Italy is a good place to visit, and the language is beautiful IMHO just a bit difficult to learn (probably much more so than english, but I've know italian for all my life so I can't really judge)
You'll probably be fine speaking english but don't expect everyone to understand you (some people especially elders don't know a single english word )

When I worked for Sicilians they said it was very close to Spanish and it would be easy. Doesn't seem to be the case. May have meant meant Portugese - but I was taking Spanish so I know he said that. It was a long time ago.
I like Jovanotti, Litfiba, and Eros Ramazotti too.

yes italian is very similar to spanish, but the grammar is more difficult IMHO

I don't really like italian "mainstream" music tbh (there are Very good italian metal bands tho) , but bear in mind that us italians are quite xenophiles :)

What will you do for me?

Lol I don't understand.. Btw love the new avatar..

I am just fucking with you tbh. I like this band for christ sake I cant talk.

Well dude you picked their like most poppy song that they have lol..
By the way I'm personal friends with Sam & Rado from Foxygen :)

What the fack exactly is going on here
I might have to come see some body and yank some weak sauce young jedi braids

Come at me bruh.. They ain't weak, they're minimalist..
And I don't know, I'm loving this thread. It's making NEMD seem like it's alive and it sure as fuck beats the foolsgold shit post thread.

How in the hell are you personal friends with them? That is pretty cool are they as crazy a hippies as they seem? Or are you like FB friends lol I think no destruction is my favorite one of their songs.

Because I'm friends with the band of Montreal and Foxygen was opening for them and then I made the foxygen forum (which is currently down at the moment) Rado is completely normal. Sam France is batshit insane, totally my kind of dude.

I have loads of Indie bands that I have stories of that I have met and hung out with from Yeasayer to Animal Collective, from Islands to Dr. Dog, Neutral Milk Hotel, The War On Drugs, the list goes on brotha. I can make peoples dreams come true, if they really want to meet their favorite artist, just bring me to a show with you, I always pull it off. There are some BLers who can vouch for that, guest lists and meeting their favorite band type shit..

Basically me:
f9qo9i.png

Kinda, but seriously, it's not as much a groupie thing as it's a hand shake/hug, I give them a drawing I've done as a thank you for supplying me with awesome music that soundtracks my life.
I'm also a whore for set lists. You should see my scrapbook(lol) full of setlists hah..

yes italian is very similar to spanish, but the grammar is more difficult IMHO

I don't really like italian "mainstream" music tbh (there are Very good italian metal bands tho) , but bear in mind that us italians are quite xenophiles :)

I will say. I have become very friendly with someone Italian I met on songpop. He doesn't like any of them either. I think he dislikes them almost. It is all about Depeche Mode and these clubs that have 80's songs. He is always going to see some 80's band.

Lol I don't understand.. Btw love the new avatar..

Well dude you picked their like most poppy song that they have lol..
By the way I'm personal friends with Sam & Rado from Foxygen :)

Come at me bruh.. They ain't weak, they're minimalist..
And I don't know, I'm loving this thread. It's making NEMD seem like it's alive and it sure as fuck beats the foolsgold shit post thread.

The avatar is old but new again. Thank you. It fits me well ATM.
See old people are filled with life. Just like Vasco. I think I am becoming a xenophile.

Birdhouse in your soul

Didn't see much in music news. I wasn't digging real hard, but gave a cursory look.
Jared Leto is quite in love with himself. I'd like to punch him in his ballsack.
Sonisphere starts today I believe. I am going to pause and pretend I am there........instead of here in a hick town with Harrisburg fireworks to look forward to,YEE HAW!!!!! Really the kids love them and that makes me happy.
But back to Sonisphere fantasy........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................

SO today let's remember an old favorite, They Might be Giants. I loved these guys long b4 kids.
They were named after a 1971 film. If you want to know anymore, look it up, I am too lazy today.
Enjoying the 4th.
These guys really are great for a side dish to any drug. They really make you fucking dance (Robert Delong anyone?)
[video=youtube_share;NhjSzjoU7OQ]http://youtu.be/NhjSzjoU7OQ[/video]

[video=youtube_share;LsAiCs66l40]http://youtu.be/LsAiCs66l40[/video]

I will say. I have become very friendly with someone Italian I met on songpop. He doesn't like any of them either. I think he dislikes them almost. It is all about Depeche Mode and these clubs that have 80's songs. He is always going to see some 80's band.

yes many italians (especially those of my age) dislike italian music (yet sometimes they like much worse "foreign" music), of course there also is a mass of people that like it (esp. "middle aged" people so to speak or oldies).

where do you plan on going when you come here? :)

Sonisphere....IRON MAIDEN TODAY!!!!

Well, Friday is already in. I am still wondering about Limp Bizkit being on the bill. I thought they were persona non grata anymore.
Today is the day I am looking forward to- Iron Maiden. They will be putting on a WWI air show. Bruce Dickinson is so awesome, and totally dreamy, he is only like 14 years older than me, so I can say that.
BruIEarCIAEyfPE.jpg:large

I am grateful to Kitty for telling me about Babymetal, who played the festival, here is what I caught about them
Hearing reports "the most bizzare thing I have ever seen" lol
Brx7xfEIMAA52BP.jpg

And of course the Dropkick Murphy's are coming up, but I am really more into their old stuff, sooo..... we will see.

I guess we can listen to this guy and watch him itch and scratch....like his irreverent attitude......"there were like 8 metal heads at Glastonbury."
"Obviously avoid Limp Bizkit"
lol QFT
[video=youtube_share;eh62A1MM-1s]http://youtu.be/eh62A1MM-1s[/video]

[video=youtube_share;-7TWVM0TAWY]http://youtu.be/-7TWVM0TAWY[/video]..look at how everyone is like hugging in this crowd...I think I would be crying...gay I know...

You can look up your own Iron Maiden Music but I recommend today (agree with the vlogger above)
http://youtu.be/NAq0rL8E4hM Revelations

http://youtu.be/zNg4OjWkLns Aces High

http://youtu.be/J3I88wsFKao Flight of Icarus

Oh yeah, Metallica too. Just not feeling them right now. I dunno

http://sonisphere.co.uk/

Last edited: