The Official Nurseebol NEMD Thread she does what she wants, deal w/ it or come see me

Bobby Womack is dead
http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/06/r-i-p-bobby-womack-legendary-soul-singer-dead-at-70/
bobby-womack.jpg

Hi Nursey. Dio rules! Are you on speed when you make these long posts? LOL

I hope u mean that. My husband rags me all the time....says he sucks. Then again we talk to each like that all the time. I say I wish Kurt Cobain would have killed himself twice cuz he likes him. He says I am jealous cuz RJD had none of the talent of Kurt. yadda yadda
RJD made devil horns. \m/
I need my medication for ADD so the answer is yes. I would be less able to focus without it and the posts would still be long but much more scattered.

I would have posted about Aracde Fire at Glastonbury for Laika, they supposedly put on a kick ass show, but Bobby Womack dying is sad news and has to be priority. IMHO

Arcade Fire understandably on the back burner ( though I hope you're enjoying them. )

Save the room for RIP Bobby Womacks :(

Probably should be a thread about it. We do that sort of thing here. Feel free to make one if you're a huge fan.

Arcade Fire understandably on the back burner ( though I hope you're enjoying them. )

Save the room for RIP Bobby Womacks :(

Probably should be a thread about it. We do that sort of thing here. Feel free to make one if you're a huge fan.

Not a huge fan but appreciated his wealth of music.

Checked out some Arcade Fire and thought "Oh I have heard this". So I will be listening more.
I have to confess I saw a comment on their show from Friday on youtube, more than one, saying the show was "too Bowie-esque" and not the Arcade Fire they knew kinda thing? I don't know. I think people always throw that crap around when a band does something different. Nothing can stay the same, but I thought I would share and get your take.

Glastonbury

I was trying to look over Glastonbury yesterday. I couldn't get crap to stream, and they seemed to do something with the site in the middle of the day. I know that they were going on about Robert Plant. Yay that he can sing still. He is a legend.
Supposedly Lana Del Ray wasn't that great, had to smoke a cigarette on stage and Arcade Fire had a great set http://youtu.be/zp4gm544kHI.
I don't all that excited about these large festivals. I like smaller more intimate shows. It is a load of bullshit if you ask me. BUT if I were to go to one, I think I would go to Rock am Rock in Germany.
So if you want to give it a go. here is the link. That is all the attention I am giving to this.
http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/

What is Anthem Rock?

8)Anthem rock as genre? A trend? What is it?
At my house we discuss our music opinions quite a bit.
As a couple, finding music we both like has actually been a struggle.
We share the same political, ethical and moral values, thankfully
so we have time to look for common ground on music.
He is a meloncholy person as a rule, I am usually bright. I think
he saw this song a a fusion between the two sending me a text the other day to listen to
this
[video=youtube_share;rHBxJCq99jA]http://youtu.be/rHBxJCq99jA[/video]
He thought I would like it, and I did, what's not to like..
it was...it was...I had a name for it, I just couldn't think of it.
YES-anthem rock. Where did I get that?
I remember, I had read of review of
this
[video=youtube_share;F90Cw4l-8NY]http://youtu.be/F90Cw4l-8NY[/video]

What makes these type of tunes so popular?
That was what I wanted to talk about when I got home.

My opinon was that they reminded you of a football game bonfire, with the booming
group singing (or vocal harmonizing to be technical) and beat that made you want to stomp your feet. His was that people were
craving the 80's a nostalgia for when times were better. I told him it wasn't that complicated.
It was more tribal and ingrained. It just FELT good.

What do you think?

or

Do you think it sucks?

What is your take?

Anthem rock.
New genre?
Or just an old idea coming through

Some other big ones that come to mind and feel free to list the ones that come to your mind

We Will Rock You - Queen
Rockin' in the Free World- Neil Young
Muse-Uprising
Radioactive-(can't decide if Petatonix of Imagine Dragons is better though, still including tho a tad slow)
American Authors-Best Day of My Life
Fun-Some Nights (I have to confess I love this song)
Florence + The Machine-Dog Days Are Over

Not a huge fan but appreciated his wealth of music.

Checked out some Arcade Fire and thought "Oh I have heard this". So I will be listening more.
I have to confess I saw a comment on their show from Friday on youtube, more than one, saying the show was "too Bowie-esque" and not the Arcade Fire they knew kinda thing? I don't know. I think people always throw that crap around when a band does something different. Nothing can stay the same, but I thought I would share and get your take.

If you recall I recommended Funeral and The Suburbs first as albums to try out. Their most recent album actually had a song with David Bowie on it so they're probably talking about that album. Which is a good album, just not as epic as the two I mentioned. Neon Bible is epic as well, they bought a church to use as a studio and so they could use the 40 foot organ to record on the album. Amazing album as well. I think I'd rate their newest album Reflektor last.

I am not going to lie I do not like arcade fire, but I have heard their shows are amazing.

Is that an "I don't like the one or two songs I've heard from them" or a "I've listened to their albums all the way through and it didn't tickle my fancy" ?

If you recall I recommended Funeral and The Suburbs first as albums to try out. Their most recent album actually had a song with David Bowie on it so they're probably talking about that album. Which is a good album, just not as epic as the two I mentioned. Neon Bible is epic as well, they bought a church to use as a studio and so they could use the 40 foot organ to record on the album. Amazing album as well. I think I'd rate their newest album Reflektor last.

So glad you restated that. I couldn't recall where you said what. Thanks. That will help. They remind me of someone, but not sure who....

Is that an "I don't like the one or two songs I've heard from them" or a "I've listened to their albums all the way through and it didn't tickle my fancy" ?

The second one. I just dont get down on the hipster power pop deal. Guitar solos arnt cool? fuck that imo

I don't really see how they're pop music dude.. Are you sure you're not confusing them with someone else?

When I saw this, first I drooled

Then I cried.

I can't get to Europe in 3 days.

But if I had known, it would have been my first time there. I'd have gone by my damn self.

Dropkicks, Maiden, Anthrax, Halestorm (tho it says alestorm)....hey Babymetal too
and more. Jeez oh man. SO much for not wanting to go to big festivals.
FINALSONIARTWORK_24JUNE_900.jpg

Take your Lovefest to someone else's thread. I am here posting things with no substance. And it is my thread to do so. For Christ's sake.